CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Match day prices next season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trev
First Team
First Team

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't we do what a few clubs do charge one price if they buy the ticket before close of play on Friday and an enhanced price on the day then if they don't turn up we still have their money. This is for only the away fans.
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomasfrances1 wrote:
Peter wrote:
Thomasfrances1 wrote:
It doesn't sit right with me that other fans, because of who they support have to pay more. That isn't their fault, and they shouldn't be 'punished' for it.

I don't see why not.

Who pays for the extra costs involved in hosting a game of 2300 away fans, compared to a game with 200 away fans?

Should the club factor in the increased away support of some teams and thus charge more for all away fans to compensate for those with less support?

Charging away fans more is fine, I've got no issue with that. I just don't think different sets of fans should pay a different price, for what is essentially the same experience, watching their team in the same area of an away ground?

What are they getting that is different? How is their experience improved, to justify a price increase?

Clubs should set their whole pricing structure accordingly so hosting any game is affordable and doesn't create a problem. Does the increased income of hosting these big games, through attendances, food, and anything else not compensate for the extra outgoings in hosting?

as i have stated its supply and demand

you could have Crewe away tickets at 10 but you are not going to double the gate they will bring their 200 or less fans regardless of price

but Pompey for example would bring 2300 if the price was 25 each or 10 each so i really don't see a problem with the supply and demand scenario and is used in many walk's of life
Thomasfrances1
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulton111 wrote:
Thomasfrances1 wrote:
Peter wrote:
Thomasfrances1 wrote:
It doesn't sit right with me that other fans, because of who they support have to pay more. That isn't their fault, and they shouldn't be 'punished' for it.

I don't see why not.

Who pays for the extra costs involved in hosting a game of 2300 away fans, compared to a game with 200 away fans?

Should the club factor in the increased away support of some teams and thus charge more for all away fans to compensate for those with less support?

Charging away fans more is fine, I've got no issue with that. I just don't think different sets of fans should pay a different price, for what is essentially the same experience, watching their team in the same area of an away ground?

What are they getting that is different? How is their experience improved, to justify a price increase?

Clubs should set their whole pricing structure accordingly so hosting any game is affordable and doesn't create a problem. Does the increased income of hosting these big games, through attendances, food, and anything else not compensate for the extra outgoings in hosting?

as i have stated its supply and demand

you could have Crewe away tickets at 10 but you are not going to double the gate they will bring their 200 or less fans regardless of price

but Pompey for example would bring 2300 if the price was 25 each or 10 each so i really don't see a problem with the supply and demand scenario and is used in many walk's of life

What other walk of life is comparable to football? What other industry banks on our devoted loyalty? I can't think of many, and that in someways is the problem with football. That's why premier league is so expensive as they know people will stay pay it.

Previous allocations then determine the price for the following season? So if Crewe bring 50 tonight, are they the cheapest next season? However if we played Crewe on a Saturday afternoon, they'd inevitabley bring more fans.

What is the cut off? How may categories are there?

I just think it's a flawed system that just isn't fair on away fans. Having the mentality of 'it's ok as the big clubs will pay more' does nothing for the collective of football fans around the country that should stand together on ticketing issues at all levels.
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]

What other walk of life is comparable to football? What other industry banks on our devoted loyalty? I can't think of many, and that in someways is the problem with football. That's why premier league is so expensive as they know people will stay pay it.

Previous allocations then determine the price for the following season? So if Crewe bring 50 tonight, are they the cheapest next season? However if we played Crewe on a Saturday afternoon, they'd inevitabley bring more fans.

I just think it's a flawed system that just isn't fair on away fans. Having the mentality of 'it's ok as the big clubs will pay more' does nothing for the collective of football fans around the country that should stand together on ticketing issues at all levels.[/quote]

Electricity and gas companies are a comparison for loyalty even bank accounts - very few people actually change there supplier every year to get the best price or to get the 100 switch promotion most banks have

as i have said previously you would have a tiered system

Cat A - Portsmouth for Example
Cat B - Barnet for example
Cat C - Crewe for example

your argument of Crewe on a Tuesday night to a Saturday is somewhat irrelevent as you know as well as i do they wouldn't bring big number on either day. and historical records can be used as a guide

the number of cut offs would of course be decided by the club

Its only a flawed system if you don't understand it.

I am not saying this is the only answer but it would certainly bring in some much needed cash without putting the prices up massively for Home fans

now do you think its fair that we could have sat in the family stand at Barnet and saved 4 each i hope not we massively under value our away tickets as Barnet and many others have proved this season

Last edited by Sulton111 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trev wrote:
Why don't we do what a few clubs do charge one price if they buy the ticket before close of play on Friday and an enhanced price on the day then if they don't turn up we still have their money. This is for only the away fans.

We did that for a while a couple of years back and it didn't really work.

Doesn't do much to encourage last minute attendance.
Thomasfrances1
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't support any power companies, or banks. I support a football team. It's not the same thing.

I sense we'll have to disagree, though it isn't for a lack of understanding of your idea, I fully understand it. Please don't confuse disagreeing with not understanding.

Hopefully the club will announce the prices soon enough, and we can actually debate facts rather than what 'might' happen.

Even more importantly than that, we've got a game to win tonight.
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomasfrances1 wrote:
I don't support any power companies, or banks. I support a football team. It's not the same thing.

I sense we'll have to disagree, though it isn't for a lack of understanding of your idea, I fully understand it. Please don't confuse disagreeing with not understanding.

Hopefully the club will announce the prices soon enough, and we can actually debate facts rather than what 'might' happen.

Even more importantly than that, we've got a game to win tonight.

indeed we do, us CTFC fans may not always agree or see eye to eye but we always band together to support our one true sporting love
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulton111 wrote:

I just think it's a flawed system that just isn't fair on away fans. Having the mentality of 'it's ok as the big clubs will pay more' does nothing for the collective of football fans around the country that should stand together on ticketing issues at all levels.[/quote]

Electricity and gas companies are a comparison for loyalty even bank accounts - very few people actually change there supplier every year to get the best price or to get the 100 switch promotion most banks have

as i have said previously you would have a tiered system

Cat A - Portsmouth for Example
Cat B - Barnet for example
Cat C - Crewe for example

your argument of Crewe on a Tuesday night to a Saturday is somewhat irrelevent as you know as well as i do they wouldn't bring big number on either day. and historical records can be used as a guide

the number of cut offs would of course be decided by the club

Its only a flawed system if you don't understand it.

I am not saying this is the only answer but it would certainly bring in some much needed cash without putting the prices up massively for Home fans

now do you think its fair that we could have sat in the family stand at Barnet and saved 4 each i hope not we massively under value our away tickets as Barnet and many others have proved this season[/quote]Crewe cat three ??? Stupid idea and system.flawed as shown tonighy
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After what I saw against Crewe last night, they should let everyone in for free.
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notso wrote:
After what I saw against Crewe last night, they should let everyone in for free.

What dragging and screaming. Laughing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: