CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Morecambe matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rubyred wrote:
The gap between relegation and us is closing.

The gap between us and relegation DID NOT close today. We were 10 points clear of Orient before the game. We are 10 points clear of Orient tonight. Shocked
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maidenbower Millionaire wrote:
Pathetic , absolute Rubbish, disgraceful

Let's hope we never see that again.

Sort it out Dermot !
i doubt he knows how!!!!
ukredz
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roberts is one of our best attackers if not our best attacker, playing him left back his stupid and ridiculous. Why we didn't sign a left back last month is amazing. He should be playing in the forward position where Cox is playing, did he even touch the ball today?
Josh Y needs to be playing for me on his day he is our best defender. Conns always gives away stupid fouls and apart from blocks does he actually defend well? Feel like he hasn't had the best last few months.
Today is just so mood ruining, I feel sorry for Collins
colin
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolute disgrace For once I am lost for words, A team of pedestrians against a team that wanted to win, SD looked lost and I don't think he had a clue how to change things around should have done it half way through the firs half,
Why oh why don't we start at home with two forwards SORT IT OUT !!!!
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukredz wrote:
Roberts is one of our best attackers if not our best attacker, playing him left back his stupid and ridiculous. Why we didn't sign a left back last month is amazing. He should be playing in the forward position where Cox is playing, did he even touch the ball today?
Josh Y needs to be playing for me on his day he is our best defender. Conns always gives away stupid fouls and apart from blocks does he actually defend well? Feel like he hasn't had the best last few months.
Today is just so mood ruining, I feel sorry for Collins
Connolly was often caught ahead of his man i.e. not goalside....surely he omits the basics in defending and havimg a paddy at his team mates when he lost control and the ball was riddiculous.
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the worst first half I've seen for many years. Unfortunately the second half want much better.
Alan (Cheltenham Branch)
First Team
First Team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy D wrote:
Not bringing in a left back in the transfer window is looking more costly every game.

Once again, spot on. First game of the season, Jordan Roberts looked a superb signing and even after the long injury lay off he came back and scored goals. It is ridiculous asking him to play left back and he looks a shadow of the player we saw earlier. I know the window is closed now but surely there is somebody who can actually play there? Are there really no free agents who could do a job there? If not, then try Lelan, who is at least a full back or even Kaby? It can't be any worse than sacrificing one of our best attacking options.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notso wrote:
Probably the worst first half I've seen for many years. Unfortunately the second half want much better.

Thats the thing that hurts us poor sods in the crowd, you're three nil down at the restart, but - with the exception of Murphy - no great urgency and no real fight. Sod the beautiful game, get scrapping.

it was just too easy for a Morecambe side who looked like a competent mid-table outfit, but not a lot more than that.

Peter wrote:
rubyred wrote:
The gap between relegation and us is closing.
The gap between us and relegation DID NOT close today. We were 10 points clear of Orient before the game. We are 10 points clear of Orient tonight. Shocked

With one game less for them to catch up with us Surprised
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid the last 2 home games with 6 goals conceded reminded me of the type of limp efforts we saw at the end of last season.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three points from me

1. Playing Roberts at left back is beyond stupid , DD has lost it.

2. Conolley needs a break. He is costing us goals.

3 get Yowarth back in hungry, aggressive and good on the ball. Everything we were not today.
reigatered
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feared the worst when I saw that our back line was Young, Connolly and Lelan with Roberts dropping back from midfield to fill left back when necessary. I thought Young had a really poor game, Lelan does not look like a centre half and Roberts is a complete liability when asked to perform defensive duties. The second goal was down to him, and he almost gifted them another in the second half. He should be playing up front or off the striker, not at left back, anyone can see that.

Having said all that, I was still surprised by the pathetic capitulation in the first half. Why oh why do we always sacrifice the initiative from the outset at home. Most teams seem to dominate us. Even some of the games we have won we have been second best for much of the time.

The team lacks drive and fire and motivation and tactical nous. That is all down to Drummy in my view. I say again that in my view we have a decent squad at this level, but he is not getting anything like the best out of them. So horribly inconsistent.

Boldwijn has not delivered anything for months. Cox is a fine player, but he is not being utilised to use his strengths and may not still be 100% fit for the level given his enforced lay off.

We have a sufficient cushion to survive but that is not saying much. Any talk of being potentially involved in the play offs is risible. Any normal spectator can see that we are nowhere near good enough for promotion. I think we need a new manager.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't endorse the view that our manager needs to be more animated... we've had that before and it is basically for the benefit of the gallery. I'm happy that he is true to his own character which is paternalistic and involves private criticism of players, resisting the clamour to slate them publicly is actually a strength.

Where I take issue with him is his reluctance to change personnel and more pertinently the style of play, when things are patently not working... two goals down with ten minutes to go, you chuck the kitchen sink in and take the ugly approach... I don't see any shame in that... but suspect that he does..?
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reigatered wrote:
I feared the worst when I saw that our back line was Young, Connolly and Lelan with Roberts dropping back from midfield to fill left back when necessary. I thought Young had a really poor game, Lelan does not look like a centre half and Roberts is a complete liability when asked to perform defensive duties. The second goal was down to him, and he almost gifted them another in the second half. He should be playing up front or off the striker, not at left back, anyone can see that.

Having said all that, I was still surprised by the pathetic capitulation in the first half. Why oh why do we always sacrifice the initiative from the outset at home. Most teams seem to dominate us. Even some of the games we have won we have been second best for much of the time.

The team lacks drive and fire and motivation and tactical nous. That is all down to Drummy in my view. I say again that in my view we have a decent squad at this level, but he is not getting anything like the best out of them. So horribly inconsistent.

Boldwijn has not delivered anything for months. Cox is a fine player, but he is not being utilised to use his strengths and may not still be 100% fit for the level given his enforced lay off.

We have a sufficient cushion to survive but that is not saying much. Any talk of being potentially involved in the play offs is risible. Any normal spectator can see that we are nowhere near good enough for promotion. I think we need a new manager.
you say we nees a new manager but gas anyone seen the owners lately are they even aware how DD is doing?
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The goals are on Sky now.

http://www.skysports.com/watch.....-morecambe

Warning - not for the feint hearted. The defending from Crawley yesterday would have been embarrassing in a school playground.
Damo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reigatered wrote:

Great post! Thank goodness there is someone from Reigate who can articulate these things so much better than me. Confused
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: