CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Notts County matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 56

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the day the fact is we lost to a team who are on there recent form rubbish and had 10 men tottaly unacceptable and embrassing
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same old Crawley. Can't put the bottom sides away.
Hants Red
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Ahhhh Reply with quote

We never got going today. The first half was mainly them playing balls over the top, they are a big physical side who look for free kicks to launch into the box.

They were the better side; once they went to ten men and got a quick goal they rightly looked to kill the game. James Collins comes up with a worldy and we think at least we have a point. We then continue to give away cheap free kicks and lose possession. We had three at the back against their one, we were being outnumbered in midfield against ten men.

Too many times we failed to move the ball quickly from side to side to pull them out of position. Once Cox moved into the middle he was finding space between the defenders and midfield, unfortunately our defenders couldn't get the ball through their midfield.

All in all very disappointed.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting report Hants Red, would you say that we were out-muscled...?
Warren
Coach
Coach

Topics: 299

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
Paulc222 wrote:
Maidenbower Millionaire wrote:

We've come a long long way in a very short time and it's been a great ride with lots of happy memories.

COYR scarf

This ^^^^

Not this.

This result is an embarrassment, end off.
I don't care about past teams and managers they were all judged the same way in the context of the league they were competing in.
It's all about what happens with this squad that matters now and today was unacceptable that's it.

This.

Spot on, Lee.

Forget the pats on the back and saying "haven't we done well to play Notts" etc, it's about the here and now! Form and the table suggests Notts are *beep*. And yet they beat us!
Gabriel
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Neutral thoughts on the Notts County game Reply with quote

Crawley fans,

For those of you who couldn't make it to Meadow Lane, here are my thoughts on the game: http://www.TheFootbalLab.co.uk.....we-learnt/

Poor performance, especially in the second half. Views on Drummy? From his interviews he comes across as more personable than previous managers you've had - has he improved the mood around the club?

Good luck for the rest of the season.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem is that we are really *beep* away from home.
Just as well we are looking good at the Broadfield or else we would be down there and really struggling.

Surely a psychological problem rather than ability amongst the squad??
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "here and now" though is that we were red-hot favourites for relegation before the season started, so I reckon we are doing pretty well whichever criteria people wish to use.
Damo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
The "here and now" though is that we were red-hot favourites for relegation before the season started, so I reckon we are doing pretty well whichever criteria people wish to use.

This is true, but we're allowed to adjust expectations as things move on. Yesterday's result was truly and undeniably awful - whichever wider context we choose to place it in.
Hants Red
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Thad Reply with quote

Thad, I wouldn't say so, all of the centre backs were OK, it's just that when they had the chance they put in quality balls from free kicks and corners. They are a tall side so work to that strength.

I do feel Josh P can be more positive, too many balls are square or back. The wing backs hardly pushed on, when Lewis did he cam up against a 6' 6" left centre back and caused him issues.

We have one of the best players in the league in Cox but we can't get him into the game. When he replaced Clifford in the hole he found plenty of space between the lines but we kept hitting their midfield line. Too many long balls when they were down to ten.
allanp
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 43

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, this game went so badly wrong. Against a team that whose morale was at rock bottom but who were going to fling everything at the opposition Crawley offered nothing. Sloppy passing, constantly giving the ball away and no threat up front. With a more positive attitude from the kick-off this match was there for the taking. Two goals conceded against 10 men and many fewer shots than the opposition despite more possession says it all.
mickyboy
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 45

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just cannot defend corners- best bit of the day was the lunch halt at the Cross Keys Inn at Castle Donnington = a roper pub. Collof goal was great, it was nullified by the clowns at the other end- I exempt Morris from that -he kapt us in the game. County stewards ere top blokes. Really hope County stay up, I'm missing the Cross Keys already' Looked like a good following from Crawley, any idea of how many made the trip?
NCFC1862
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We deserved the win. The better team all afternoon. Only one team wanted to win that game. New owner, players getting paid again. Out of an embargo and 6 players signing on Monday.

A very positive mood at Notts to say we have won once in 15.
allanp
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 43

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting bored with DDs tactics, setting up the team to not lose and looking for the odd goal on the break - even at home.

I want to see a more positive attitude on the pitch, trying to take the initiative to win matches. Yesterday was a golden opportunity and we blew it. Luton away will be much tougher though so I am not expecting any changes soon.
reigatered
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a huge disappointment. Eleven of the last twelve teams have beaten Notts County. Not us though! We are a soft touch away from home. We do not have enough grit and determination to win, or grind out points away, with any semblance of regularity, and nearly always sacrifice the initiative in games early on and are then on retrieval missions.

Goodness knows where we would be without Collins' goals. If he picked up an injury I cannot see where a goal would come from. There are only a handful of clubs in the division who have scored fewer than us.

By general agreement we have a better squad than last year, but the team is scarcely performing much better. I suggest it is underperforming, and you have to then query tactics, motivation and desire.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: