CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Hartlepool United matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh y has to stay at the back until we get a decent fullback....then we can move him into defensive midfield
Hants Red
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Hartlepool Reply with quote

I thought it was always going to be a tight game, they really came for appoint and three would be a bonus. For me Josh Y was my MOM.

In a tight game Dean Cox provided a quality cross for the goal.

My one concern is the amount of time Billy Clifford gave the ball away, if we do that next Saturday Portsmouth will boss the game. They are going to come to our ground in the hope of playing keepball.

We are going to have to make the most of when we have the ball. A good three points today keeps us looking up the table.
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Hartlepool Reply with quote

Hants Red wrote:

My one concern is the amount of time Billy Clifford gave the ball away, if we do that next Saturday Portsmouth will boss the game.

I also think we give him the ball too often and don't then back him up.

Payne and Smith play really well in front of the back three and rarely give the ball away because they move it on. Billy doesn't have that option on too many occasions- he looks to go forward and no one is ahead of him in space.
ukredz
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People need to stop bashing Clifford, he is a class player
Hants Red
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Billy Reply with quote

Ant, you can always go sideways or even back, just keep the ball; he's obviously played at a good level.

Maybe he lacks confidence, his touch lets him down, sometimes too many fancy flicks. They work about one in ten, nice when you have a big lead but at 1-0 keep the ball.
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highlights

http://www.skysports.com/watch.....hartlepool
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tow points

1. Josh Yowarth is the best centre back we have and probably our most saleable asset . he hard a rare combination of aggression strength pace and technically can play football. Maybe some questions re deciosn making and temperament but they are also improving. I would resign him tomorrow as wee will make some money on the resale.

2. You can't compare Clifford with Payne and Smith . Clifford takes all the difficult passes between mid filed and the front two, usually under pressure or in tight space. He has a lot of qualityaand ability to find room. His job is to create and try things in the final third he will lose the ball or make wrong decisions but he is doing a far more difficult role than the other mid fielders. He also works very hard for the team.
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Tow points

1. Josh Yowarth is the best centre back we have and probably our most saleable asset . he hard a rare combination of aggression strength pace and technically can play football. Maybe some questions re deciosn making and temperament but they are also improving. I would resign him tomorrow as wee will make some money on the resale.

2. You can't compare Clifford with Payne and Smith . Clifford takes all the difficult passes between mid filed and the front two, usually under pressure or in tight space. He has a lot of qualityaand ability to find room. His job is to create and try things in the final third he will lose the ball or make wrong decisions but he is doing a far more difficult role than the other mid fielders. He also works very hard for the team.

Please, just use the spell check once in a while, Mr Howlett.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hartlepool fans were very quite today. Reds fans in fine voice. Lets hope next week we can outsing the visitors
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the club got it so right today, crowd, atmosphere and a hard-fought win.

Lets also acknowledge that Hartlepool and their fans played a big part, good footballing side who just need a finisher. Arguably James Collins was the difference, he was tireless and absolutely immense for us today. Other honourable mentions to Yorwerth and Young who both get more assured with each game.

We do invite teams on when we get a lead and it is not always good for the bowels, however it did allow for some exciting breakaways and their keeper made at least three top-class saves.

Great day, great win..! salut

ps. I thought you made two very good observations Crawley69.
ElTel
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me McEnery is by far and away our best defender up there with Faz I just hope he stays fit.
Ashdown Red
First Team
First Team

Topics: 31

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElTel wrote:
For me McEnery is by far and away our best defender up there with Faz I just hope he stays fit.

Joe Mc Nerney quietly gets on with his game. He never seems to do anything spectacular but what he does he does efficiently.
In the second half Josh went forward to head the ball but misjudged the header which could have let the Hartlepool forward through. Joe covered well to clear ball.
He has made a difference to the defence since his return.
Ali C
First Team
First Team

Topics: 27

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashdown Red wrote:
ElTel wrote:

Joe Mc Nerney quietly gets on with his game. He never seems to do anything spectacular but what he does he does efficiently.
In the second half Josh went forward to head the ball but misjudged the header which could have let the Hartlepool forward through. Joe covered well to clear ball.

It just shows how much of a difference having our 1st team players available makes, we were a shambles when we had Davey and Blackman in the back line and now we look very hard to break down with a consistent starting XI. Having said that our last 3 home games have been against Newport, Yeovil and Hartlepool so I am very much looking forward to seeing how we get on against better opposition next week. I don't think I'd be the only one to be quietly confident that we can cause an 'upset'
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

Topics: 50

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ali C wrote:
Ashdown Red wrote:
ElTel wrote:

It just shows how much of a difference having our 1st team players available makes, we were a shambles when we had Davey and Blackman in the back line and now we look very hard to break down with a consistent starting XI. Having said that our last 3 home games have been against Newport, Yeovil and Hartlepool so I am very much looking forward to seeing how we get on against better opposition next week. I don't think I'd be the, only one to be quietly confident that we can cause an 'upset'

A draw would be a good result, a win would be fantastic!
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
we were a shambles when we had Davey and Blackman in the back line

err...Blackman is a first teamer. Well he was until a week or so ago.

Jim Baker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: