CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Yeovil Town matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
far2jammy
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a few stray passes today and barely had a shot of note second half but most comfortable win I have seen from a Crawley side in three seasons. The team sheet is as strongest it has been as well. Strong XI and a few on the bench in Roberts and Kabi that offer some depth. That said some good saves in the second half.
SuperRedDevils
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munchkin wrote:
Does anyone know the charity raffle number? I didn't hear it and had to leave straight after the game. Has it been claimed yet?

Was in Redz after, can't remember number but it looked unclaimed.
Crawley001
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great result today! Yorwerth would have been my man of the match, kept their 6ft 5 striker quiet all game. When I have watched us previously this season we have struggled against teams with a big target man who pump it long over the top, maybe 3 at the back like today is the answer.

2nd half it would have been nice to keep the ball a bit more, but good defending and a couple of top saves from Morris kept the clean sheet.

Was I the only one convinced that their defender pulled off a cracking save with his hands in the second half?
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DD has us playing like chelski 3 at the back ride our luck a little but overall very good battling performance and deserved win. Turned over the cider swigging dirty greens not tjat officials helped and surely now you will belueve DD must stay and we are heding up and out of this league. Formation was spot on well done DD. Enzio pace was much needed injection of talent. Enjoyable game and perfect start to the new year. Deano can only get better with more match fitness and hard pick a mom as very good team performance. We are going up say we are going up!
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoyable game, we had a nice balance about us, Enzio appears to have regained his appetite and that makes a big difference, but it was a team performance lead from the front by Collins.

Yorwerth looking good once again and was influential, however despite our domination I think Morris was the match-winner for us... makes some very good saves looks almost routine and that calmness goes a long way.

Well done chaps. notworthy
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Criticism first. We have got to stop getting booked for silly things and Josh Payne is a lucky boy. We are still our own worst enemies because we have a habit of giving the ball away around, and in, or box. Glenn Morris' saves were mainly from our errors.

That was a good solid win. Lovely corner from the Haywards Heath massive and a good run and header from Yorwerth. That Stint in Wales has done him a lot of good.

I personally thought the penalty was harsh, others near me said it was a definite. I was happy to accept their point of view. Very Happy We coulda/shoulda had a couple more goals. Three times we hit the keeper when either side and it would have been in.

All in all an enjoyable day spoilt by having to come to work straight after.

Jim Baker
SuperRedDevils
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley001 wrote:
Great result today! Yorwerth would have been my man of the match, kept their 6ft 5 striker quiet all game. When I have watched us previously this season we have struggled against teams with a big target man who pump it long over the top, maybe 3 at the back like today is the answer.

2nd half it would have been nice to keep the ball a bit more, but good defending and a couple of top saves from Morris kept the clean sheet.

Was I the only one convinced that their defender pulled off a cracking save with his hands in the second half?

I was talking to a couple of Yeovil fans after the game and they mentioned the handball from their defender, they said they were lucky with that one.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good win, we did the hard work to get in front and then relied on several good saves from Morris stay there. For me he was definitely the MoM.

Overall a good team performance where we tried to play decent football.

How we managed to lose 5-0 to that Yeovil team is beyond me. Mind you it helped that they took off Khan at h/t as he looked their best chance of a goal.

Leaves us comfortably mid table...with a couple of good additions we can still live in hope.
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a good, resolute performance from the Boys in Red.

Dean Cox's delivery into the danger area seems to be what we've been missing in the first half of this campaign, but today our Welshman was solid and organised again today.

JTG
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy win .

Enough said !
Munchkin
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperRedDevils wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
Does anyone know the charity raffle number? I didn't hear it and had to leave straight after the game. Has it been claimed yet?

It's just been tweeted as YELLOW - 394
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best team performance of the season...My only concern was Mr Clifford. Wonder if Sanchez Watt can play in the no 10 role..!?
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperRedDevils wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

Yellow 394 (from twatter)
ElTel
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srn151161 wrote:
Best team performance of the season...My only concern was Mr Clifford. Wonder if Sanchez Watt can play in the no 10 role..!?
I would like to see Kaby tried in that role he has good control and is good passer of the ball.
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got home. Excellent game but I don't think it was as straight forward as others seem to think. It was end to end and full of chances, Morris made two terrific saves but so did their keeper.
Yorwerth had a good game but so did Conns and Mcnerney.
Eaves didn't get much change out of any of them.
Cox looked class but will take another couple of games to be at his best. Young worked hard and delivered some good balls into the box.
The only one I had a problem with is Clifford. He is a puzzle, he is really involved in everything but makes some huge mistakes at times. I can't decide whether he is an asset or a liability?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: