CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Drummy out
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warren
Coach
Coach

Topics: 299

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's way too soon to be calling for DD's head, although losing 5-0 against Yeovil - whether they were in good form of not - is not acceptable. I don't think many can use the excuse about the budget when we're getting thumped by them.

DD deserves more time to turn things round. I think he's been pretty unlucky with injuries to key players like Roberts, McNerney, Payne, to name three.

But I agree with the earlier point about DD being a firefighter in signing players like Henderson, Watt and Banton, who've all be tried at other clubs - and failed. Maybe Watt hasn't had a fair crack of the whip, but there's a reason he was playing in India before coming to us.

I actually think we have a decent XI, but it's the strength in depth that lets us down. Had you said that we'd actually have a weaker left back than right whilst persisting with Young I'd have laughed. However, Young's improved massively this season, which, quite simply, has to be down to DD's methods.

The final question that needs to be asked is if DD goes, who do you - realistically - replace him with? I question whether we could get anyone who would be a massive improvement.

This is our first test under Eren's leadership and we'll learn a bit more about him if he gives DD more time or if he's a 'hire and fire' type owner. I hope it's the former.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warren wrote:
I think it's way too soon to be calling for DD's head, although losing 5-0 against Yeovil - whether they were in good form of not - is not acceptable. I don't think many can use the excuse about the budget when we're getting thumped by them.

DD deserves more time to turn things round. I think he's been pretty unlucky with injuries to key players like Roberts, McNerney, Payne, to name three.

But I agree with the earlier point about DD being a firefighter in signing players like Henderson, Watt and Banton, who've all be tried at other clubs - and failed. Maybe Watt hasn't had a fair crack of the whip, but there's a reason he was playing in India before coming to us.

I actually think we have a decent XI, but it's the strength in depth that lets us down. Had you said that we'd actually have a weaker left back than right whilst persisting with Young I'd have laughed. However, Young's improved massively this season, which, quite simply, has to be down to DD's methods.

The final question that needs to be asked is if DD goes, who do you - realistically - replace him with? I question whether we could get anyone who would be a massive improvement.

This is our first test under Eren's leadership and we'll learn a bit more about him if he gives DD more time or if he's a 'hire and fire' type owner. I hope it's the former.
fair crack of the whip??? More like a walnut whip, softie in centre but easy to crack on the outside
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
We know he isn't getting the boot ...yet.But seriously,Eren has done everything right so far with regards to fan engagement and particularly banging home the point about being in it together and the Crawley Town family.Which is all good, except for being a family means members of a family often disagree and see things differently.I know Eren is the Daddy but he ought to know having a couple of thousand kids to please was always going to be difficult.
We know DD is on a learning curve and its fair to say some of the children are easier to please then others.So family members spitting out the drummy will happen,just needs DD to put it back in again so we can suck happily......until the next time.
in it together? As soon as going gets tough havnt see Erin around have you? Gone turkish delight to jelly tots lately

Last edited by Red, Red & Red on Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srn151161 wrote:
Simon wrote:
You need a thread like this every now and then so that the kids can have their fun before Mum tucks them up in bed.

It really is worrying when you see how few people have a scooby what running a full time L2 football team is all about.

Got to be your most arrogant and condescending post yet....wash your mouth out with dettol..!!..😀

Ah, but he's right, though.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley Dan wrote:
Ian wrote:

ARGHHH we need an antidote for this type of common sense Shocked Shocked Shocked

While you're at the pharmacy, get something to cure Matt Howletts moronic behaviour please.

B&Q would be more appropriate for that...

Or Ammunation, for those who play GTA Wink
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srn151161 wrote:
Simon wrote:
You need a thread like this every now and then so that the kids can have their fun before Mum tucks them up in bed.

It really is worrying when you see how few people have a scooby what running a full time L2 football team is all about.

Got to be your most arrogant and condescending post yet....wash your mouth out with dettol..!!..😀

I thought it was spot on.
Cakeburner
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 692

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First things first, Dermot must stay !!!! Whether it be as manager or perhaps as director of football ... it does seem as thought games pass him by unfortunately ....... we definitely look a better team when we are setting the pace rather than playing on the back foot, too many mistakes in our line up for that tactic.

I see Dermy in the Arsene Wenger mold as a manager, the sort that doesnt change its tactics but thinks the brand of football his team plays is better than all the other teams. With a run of being able to pick the same line-up this can work, even in our division. Dermy & Arsene also think you dont need defenders if you can hold onto the ball in other areas of the field, we dont tend to have too many players to hold the ball up ........
Cakeburner
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 692

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now the one thing i cant understand about this division (or other peoples opinion of it) is that this division is rubbish, there are about three or four teams that can win it, Plymouth, Carlisle, Doncaster & maybe Portsmouth and the rest can all go down .... which is my main gripe, a play-off place is for the taking. When we first came into it we went straight through it cos of the dross, the Conference is again stronger than LEague 2, look at whats happened to York this season.

If we can get a run of 5 or 6 wins (even just 1-0's) we will be right up there, a 5-0 loss in this Div should be a rarity but the way we're set-up, if we concede early on i really dont see us getting back into it (currently).

But there are a lot more poor sides in the Div we should be beating, than the good sides we may lose convincingly to .......
Crawley_Aviator
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not in favour of a Drexit......call me a remoaner if you wish.
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley_Aviator wrote:
You have to moan about the results while providing no evidence of foul play and demand a rematch to be a remoaner.
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Crawley Dan wrote:
Ian wrote:

ARGHHH we need an antidote for this type of common sense Shocked Shocked Shocked

While you're at the pharmacy, get something to cure Matt Howletts moronic behaviour please.

B&Q would be more appropriate for that...

Or Ammunation, for those who play GTA Wink

Don't tempt me Shocked
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley_Aviator wrote:

You are a Dremainer... thumbright
far2jammy
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DD must stay we have won a game we are champions again
Hants Red
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject: DD Out Reply with quote

I've been away so missed most of the talk this week; I'm so glad the club listend to the supporters and got rid of DD after last weeks poor performance.

I can't see who came in on here but after yesterday obviously the club made the correct choice, who did take over in the week?
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: DD Out Reply with quote

Hants Red wrote:
I can't see who came in on here but after yesterday obviously the club made the correct choice, who did take over in the week?

Two Turkish fellas... Khoman Cense & Naneed Tapanic Cool
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 6 of 16

Jump to: