CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Accrington Stanley matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maidenbower Millionaire wrote:
We were lucky to get Nil.

Stanley's finishing was atrocious , they should have had 3 or 4 goals.

Still, we got a point and that's more than we would have got last season.

Today's performance shows we have spirit and endeavour, which is good to see.

Well done lads, we did well against a good team.

salut

PS : Morris in goal was excellent !
nil?? We got a point and couldve had three if Collins wasnt leading the attack..does anyone seriously think he fits our style of play? Im.amaxed DD hasnt replaved him
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought that Stanley players fell over too often...strong wind and they fell, clearly the north doesn't breed them hard any more.
Disagree about Collins, he ran around and gave it all with little support

One other thing...please leave an attacker up/ or anyone with pace when we are defending corners!
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point gained against a very good Accrington side. We are clearly not the finished article but lots and lots of positives... The thing that impressed me the most is that we tried to play football for 90 minutes. Shows confidence in the system is growing..
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srn151161 wrote:
Point gained against a very good Accrington side. We are clearly not the finished article but lots and lots of positives... The thing that impressed me the most is that we tried to play football for 90 minutes. Shows confidence in the system is growing..

I don't believe my eyes... something positive? From Mr.North? Dear lord! Shocked
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
...does anyone seriously think he fits our style of play? Im.amaxed DD hasnt replaved him

Assuming that should have been: "I'm amazed DD hasn't replaced him."

Replaced him with... er... who exactly..?
dontknow

Wodin wrote:

One other thing...please leave an attacker up/ or anyone with pace when we are defending corners!

Agree on both points, why invite pressure, apart from being an outlet, it also means the defending side will need to keep at least one player back... Enzio would be a good choice.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
...does anyone seriously think he fits our style of play? Im.amaxed DD hasnt replaved him

Assuming that should have been: "I'm amazed DD hasn't replaced him."

Replaced him with... er... who exactly..?
dontknow

Wodin wrote:

Agree on both points, why invite pressure, apart from being an outlet, it also means the defending side will need to keep at least one player back... Enzio would be a good choice.
was Enzio injured? Seemed an odd substitution
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enzio has really gone off the boil lately, he was the stand out player earlier in the season, but he didn't do anything of note today.
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a pretty uninspiring performance today, we were hanging on in the second half and in the end a point was a good result after a few close shaves from Accrington.

Thought both teams tried to play football, but Accrington had more urgency to win the game and should've finished one of a few good chances, but we hung on in there in a game we would almost definitely have lost last year.

I just don't think we're going to score enough goals this year to get in the play offs, but I think we're solid enough defensively that we'll be far away from relegation. I think a higher mid table finish this year beckons.

We've improved on and off the pitch from last season, but we're still a team in transition at the moment.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been overly impressed with Collins . He puts a shift in but misses some good chances he should be scoring no where near clinical enough. His hold up lay isn't great either. Another striker is a must I January imor.
rubyred
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
I haven't been overly impressed with Collins . He puts a shift in but misses some good chances he should be scoring no where near clinical enough. His hold up lay isn't great either. Another striker is a must I January imor.

Same here. He spends too much time in midfield. We cannot head the ball at all in midfield or upfront. Too many players cannot tackle. Outside of the 11 players who I don't think are brilliant we have around 8 players who would struggle in Three Bridges side. Harrold is permanently injured. Get rid.

Once more injuries and suspensions kick in a nil nil draw will seem like a victory. Cox still to come but my contact at Burgess Hill was not impressed at all in their defeat on Saturday. I think other teams have seen the best of him.

I stand by my pre season prediction. Relegated, unfortunately.
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He spends time dropping back to get the ball, because he needs either additional support from an attacker or for midfield to join attack at great pace...like Roberts and Enzio did at the beginning of the season
Hants Red
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject: Stanley Reply with quote

They should have had a nailed on penalty in the first half.

We battled well but I think we are down to the bones at the moment, the positive is we are picking up points. We need a left back, one can get forward but can't defend, the other can defend but is carrying too much timber to get forward and support the left flank.

We had a good chance early in the second half but shot from a narrow angle rather than pulling it back to an unmarked Collins on the penalty spot.

Stanley are a big side who came to get free kicks and score from a set piece. I thought Lewis did really well, they obviously had him picked out as a weak spot the could exploit with the number 2, rather than trying to compete he would block him off allowing the centre half to head the ball. Along with Smith my outstanding player yesterday.

Collins ran hard but a lot of the balls up to him wouldn't stick as they were too high, they need to be into his chest.

How there number 9 wasn't booked I'll never know, he battered out two central defenders all afternoon.

The ref was poor, if they'd have scored from the scramble I'd have been really annoyed after the push on the keeper.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some well-observed points there Hants Red, in particular their number 9 was a cheating *beep*, not just battering & falling over but he handled the ball twice too.

And I agree on the contribution of Lewis & Jimmy-Jimmy, I made the point that DeeDee & Co succeeded where far more experienced managers had failed with them.

And that is where the real hope lies, in a game of small margins it isn't always about ability, those subtle improvements in style, attitude & spirit can be decisive.

salut

And yes rubyred... maybe on paper we should be relegation fodder... the bookies thought so... but hey-ho wasn't that also true of Leicester City last season..?
PCrawley1
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought Clifford should have came off at half time. Doesn't offer us anything special and gave up trying throughout the second half.
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCrawley1 wrote:
Thought Clifford should have came off at half time. Doesn't offer us anything special and gave up trying throughout the second half.
I'm not sure about Clifford, he's either a rough diamond or another Connor Henderson. At least he tries to make things happen, even though only a few of these long passes actually work out. I think we should stick with him a bit longer.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: