CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Colchester United matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.T.
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
I thought ultimately the tactics and substitutions cost us in second half.

I was gobsmacked when we pulled Billy Clifford off (so was he) just as the scout in front of me wrote 'good player, passes the ball well' on his iPad. Alex Davey showed again why he isn't good enough and that seriously weakened us. I think Yusuf had a knock but Bawling for Enzio was also not good.

Plus 11 in the box for corners was John Gregory nonsense and just invited the pressure. To be fair Colchester deserved something and we didn't create much second half.

Finally what a save by Glen Morris in the second half. Best I have seen in a long time. The forward thought it was in and so did we until he scooped it off the line. Makes such a difference with a competent keeper.

Overall it feels like 2 points dropped but after Pompey I would have taken 7 points from 9.

Pretty much spot on apart from Billy who I'm sure was injured.
Hants Red
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: Blackpool Reply with quote

Just watched the Blackpool v Pompey highlights, don't over play at the back on Saturday.
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reigatered wrote:
Maybe I am in minority but I was not impressed with us last night. We were really never on the front foot dictating the course of the game. Colchester are an average team for the division and once again at home we seemed passive for much of the time and allowed them to dictate, albeit without hurting us too much. We always seem to hand the initiative to the opposition.

The 'backs to the wall' style of defending that we adopted in the second part of the second half was more like an away team trying desperately to defend a lead than a home side confidently playing its football. Having everyone back and sitting so deep just invites continued pressure, and so very predictably it ultimately failed.

Having said all that the team we now have is certainly better than for the last two seasons. I just wish that we played more positively and get men forward more quickly to support poor old isolated Collins up front.

A very clearly explained opinion, for which I agree. Until I read your post, I thought we did well last night, but you are correct, we should do better than that at home. The defending we did was excellent in the second half, but was going to get broken sooner or later.

Nice posting RR salut
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maidenbower Millionaire wrote:
reigatered wrote:
Maybe I am in minority but I was not impressed with us last night. We were really never on the front foot dictating the course of the game. Colchester are an average team for the division and once again at home we seemed passive for much of the time and allowed them to dictate, albeit without hurting us too much. We always seem to hand the initiative to the opposition.

The 'backs to the wall' style of defending that we adopted in the second part of the second half was more like an away team trying desperately to defend a lead than a home side confidently playing its football. Having everyone back and sitting so deep just invites continued pressure, and so very predictably it ultimately failed.

Having said all that the team we now have is certainly better than for the last two seasons. I just wish that we played more positively and get men forward more quickly to support poor old isolated Collins up front.

A very clearly explained opinion, for which I agree. Until I read your post, I thought we did well last night, but you are correct, we should do better than that at home. The defending we did was excellent in the second half, but was going to get broken sooner or later.

Nice posting RR salut
yes colchester utd are average we are in a poor league we dont have great quality but DD is getting them to play as best as they can. Take Lewis young he looks totally diffetent player even Jimmy S he is poor player but looked almost average last night. Yes we tactically made error sitting back second half but had we stuck to attack and defend not just defend i believe we wouldve gone in to win more than one nil. It wasnt Barcelona but it wasnt bad at time. We are buildung a championship winning team and first half i thought that was best seen for long time. Iron out the sat back approach and give Collins support or replace Collins with player more suited to hunting alone and we will be going up as champions.
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley Dan wrote:
Very annoying to not win that.

At the risk of sounding like our good friend, Mr. North, that was far too negative tonight. To bring on Davey, who has been average at best for us (IMO) and sit and invite pressure in a game we were controlling and never looked like conceding, was one of the worst tactical decisions i have seen since the JG days.

Very disappointed with that, we should of got all three points and be sitting around fifth, but that's football.

Can I quote you on this Crawley Dan...?
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srn151161 wrote:
Crawley Dan wrote:
Very annoying to not win that.

At the risk of sounding like our good friend, Mr. North, that was far too negative tonight. To bring on Davey, who has been average at best for us (IMO) and sit and invite pressure in a game we were controlling and never looked like conceding, was one of the worst tactical decisions i have seen since the JG days.

Very disappointed with that, we should of got all three points and be sitting around fifth, but that's football.

Can I quote you on this Crawley Dan...?

No.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: