CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Luton Town matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made a big difference having a keeper prepared to leave his line and take control of situations.

I thought Kaby improved the midfield and Lewis Young looks better with every game plus Bobo's wing play was excellent, however as others have pointed out, Blackman always looks capable of doing something reckless at any moment.

Thoroughly enjoyable match, Luton played their part and really pushed for an equaliser... which gave us a couple of opportunities to spring a quick break and one paid off in the end.

We just struggle to maintain sustained pressure and lack a bit of composure on the ball when it matters, but we really made up for it today by being pretty good out of possession and that is a good quality to develop for what is essentially - even at home - a counter-attacking side.

salut

Well done chaps.... er... never in doubt..!
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're going up as ******* champions......when you come together grind out result with a misfitting team you have to take your hat off against the hatters. And it gets better as no way did we play to our best and yet we ended with many 1000 wee supporters from loo town leaving early. Theres more in the tank from this great club you havnt seen the best yet so keep believing ( a few drink helps too)we are goung up as champions we arent the most fashionable team but we are driving forward. I thought DD (no obvious injury) played a VERY strange call asking our (much improved far better keeper) to put ball out and conceed possession c/o throw in just to make a substitution.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game and good result which takes the pressure off a bit.

We had the better chances and I don't recall Luton having an effort on goal until the last 10 mins.

Djalo stiffened the midfield a bit and Morris was certainly an improvement over Flapper and Beeney. I thought we were lucky with the disallowed goal, it certainly wasn't a foul although I was told afterwards that it was because their player punched it in.

We are getting better as a team although there are still areas requiring attention. Blackman looks like an accident waiting to happen and Banton drifts in and out of the game too much for me. Arthur certainly stiffened the defence when he came on and I would be surprised if Roberts didn't get a start next week.

Djalo was a fair pick as MoM but I thought Billy Clifford had his best game for us today and deserves to keep his place.
2oo2Red
Coach
Coach

Topics: 62

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex BH wrote:
Blackman is lucky not to have gifted Luton a couple of goals, he looks poor as does the new guy number 24 who looks out of his depth at times. We're going to have to score another goal to win this game as I can't see us keeping a clean sheet.

Djalo I thought had a great game.. fully deserved the MOTM Was up against a big unit of a midfield and thought he held his own. Broke up play and passed well.
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was much better. Wonder what Luton fans made of their starting line up, leaving Marriot and Hylton on the bench..,
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srn151161 wrote:
That was much better. Wonder what Luton fans made of their starting line up, leaving Marriot and Hylton on the bench..,

http://lutontown.football262.c.....ad/?page=1

this should tell you what they felt
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Djalo was excellent and made all the difference in midfield.It was an impressive debut.

The whole team battled and played some great football today..I really can't fault anyone in what was a very good team performance.

Well done DD and the players for a thoroughly entertaing match.
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
Djalo was excellent and made all the difference in midfield.It was an impressive debut.

The whole team battled and played some great football today..I really can't fault anyone in what was a very good team performance.

Well done DD and the players for a thoroughly entertaing match.

100% agree with what you wrote
daz
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought Djalo had a very good debut , but I thought the main difference for us today was having a more competent keeper between the sticks. Collins also had a very good game and did a lot of hard work and chasing but must be getting a bit frustrated with his lack of support, like half way through the second half we he got the ball out down the left and wanted to cross it in but the nearest red shirt was some 40 yards back.
much more enjoyable but should we be defending so deep and playing with so many players behind the ball at home as we could easily had a different result had their goal on 90 mins stood..
blackman had a nightmare game again but not much we can do their as the guy Arthur home came on today for him today (and did v well) was as poor we he started last week at stevenage , so I think that position will be our biggest problem until january...
Quite a lot of positves to take from the game today and the scenes after the 2nd goal were hopefully a sign that things are on the way up again as not seen a goal celebrated like that for a while, I was disappointed to be billy no mates today with all of my friends staying away but thought there was a few more crawley there than the given figure...
PCrawley1
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:

We had the better chances and I don't recall Luton having an effort on goal until the last 10 mins.

Djalo stiffened the midfield a bit and Morris was certainly an improvement over Flapper and Beeney. I thought we were lucky with the disallowed goal, it certainly wasn't a foul although I was told afterwards that it was because their player punched it in.

We are getting better as a team although there are still areas requiring attention. Blackman looks like an accident waiting to happen and Banton drifts in and out of the game too much for me. Arthur certainly stiffened the defence when he came on and I would be surprised if Roberts didn't get a start next week.

Djalo was a fair pick as MoM but I thought Billy Clifford had his best game for us today and deserves to keep his place.

Clifford played well in the first half but tired a bit quickly in the second half but I agree it was probably his best game for us.
Really happy with Collins again though, ran his socks off as usual
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:

what pressure? we are not in danger of relegation, far from it! We are going up as champions on todays perfprmance
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sussex Boy wrote:
Much better game 2nd half.

Lucky to have Luton goal disallowed on 90 mins. But a good finish for the 2nd goal and Crawley deserved the 3 points.

Still less than 2,000 home fans though and atmosphere werent brilliant.

But a good 2nd half display and a great result against one of the better teams in the league
I wouldn't say the atmosphere was brilliant but we are slowly getting there, we now have singing from all 3 Red sides and the BW did us proud near the end the great escape and drum beats and all. Yes we have a usual 1800 and add an extra 100 came along today and then you add on the away lot to get our attendance and all the time half the county has a stick of bluer and white rock up their ***** we will find it difficult to attract more however the club is doing a lot of good things to work on community links it takes time. Sure they can do more but its a stp in the right direction from the dark days of the past ownerships. As soon as the floating fans see us on course fo rthe league 2 championship they wil return.
PEETEE
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 9

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a good game been a while since there was a energetic performance like that.
The experienced of Morris in goal was crucial made some great saves. Also the new little guy in mid field (KABY) had a very good first half but faded in the second. Collins did very well too and the defence stood firm with the exception of Blackman who is too casual and lacking in urgency I prefer Arther.
Banton had a quiet game but generally in the first half the midfileld were pressing and energetic its nice to see. Enzio took his goal well and Collins scored with a great header I am definately warming to him.
The crowd responded to a great display and it was a good atmosphere. Has made my weekend now off to see the Beatles film Lovely jubbly
colin
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a lot to add but have not enjoyed a game like this for a very long time well done Reds keep it up !!!
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

Topics: 50

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would like to say a word about Lewis Young who I think has achieved more this season than in the previous two put together. His cross for Collins' goal was top notch.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: