CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Dean cox
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
bridgesboy79 wrote:
So if a team in the FL offered more money than a non-league side, he wouldn't be allowed to go until Jan. I would expect him to be successful if he took the issue to a tribunal on the basis of loss of earnings.

Highly unlikely.

Partly because he had an employment contract at Orient and chose to reach a settlement on his contract by mutual agreement. So any loss of earnings is his choice.

This bit is the crucial one for me. Effectively, he has received, or will be receiving, the equivalent of pay in lieu of notice. It probably won't be the full whack, but can be topped up by playing at a lower level. I imagine that he's done his calculations and won't be any worse off financially.
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

Topics: 50

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All hypothetical of course and yes, a termination of contract of this type is mutual. In addition there are some conference teams who do pay a lot as we did the year we won it.
reigatered
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always been impressed by him, watching him play for Orient against us. he would be a good acquisition for nay League 2 club.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why get your release only hours after the deadline. Seems daft. Good player but can we afford to sign some on who can't play for four months.
Warren
Coach
Coach

Topics: 299

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DD confirmed after today's game that Cox is coming to the Club on Tuesday to discuss a possible move.

https://audioboom.com/boos/5007920
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is a position where we don't need another player, it is surely wide midfield? Not doubting his ability, just unsure who he would replace?
Warren
Coach
Coach

Topics: 299

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bridgesboy79 wrote:
If there is a position where we don't need another player, it is surely wide midfield? Not doubting his ability, just unsure who he would replace?

Perhaps DD could send Yussuf back in January when his loan ends, by that time, if he signs, Cox is fine to play.

Haven't seen much from Yussuf to suggest he is an improvement on what we had before he joined, to be honest.

Also, we may be fending off bids in January for Boldewijn, who has had a decent start to the season and/or Roberts - if he ever gets back from his bruised toe.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the impression its not cut and try he can't play before January. If Orient have intentionally released him after the deadline to prevent him playing he would have a case to put to the FL. I think that's what Crawley are looking at.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean is a really good player.

I just cannot see him being allowed to play before January. I can see him getting offers we cannot compete with in January.

I would be happy to be proved wrong.

Jim Baker
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warren wrote:
bridgesboy79 wrote:

Perhaps DD could send Yussuf back in January when his loan ends, by that time, if he signs, Cox is fine to play.

Haven't seen much from Yussuf to suggest he is an improvement on what we had before he joined, to be honest.

Also, we may be fending off bids in January for Boldewijn, who has had a decent start to the season and/or Roberts - if he ever gets back from his bruised toe.

I think we signed Yussuf as a striker. He does not seem to have played there though for us. I think the 4-3-3 Drummy prefers is OK when our first choice players are fit but that greater flexibility is needed when we have to make changes.
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
Dean is a really good player.

I just cannot see him being allowed to play before January. I can see him getting offers we cannot compete with in January.

I would be happy to be proved wrong.

Jim Baker

Is it possible to sign him, loan him out to a conference club and recall him in Jan? If so, perhaps this is the plan?
Studio Steve
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If fully fit he would be major asset; everytime I've watched him play he's been their best player. Hope he trains with us whilst going to a conference club on loan with a view to join in Jan to help with the play off push😊
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
I get the impression its not cut and try he can't play before January. If Orient have intentionally released him after the deadline to prevent him playing he would have a case to put to the FL. I think that's what Crawley are looking at.

Dean Cox would have known the situation when agreeing to 'mutually' terminate his contract.
royboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Studio Steve wrote:
If fully fit he would be major asset; everytime I've watched him play he's been their best player. Hope he trains with us whilst going to a conference club on loan with a view to join in Jan to help with the play off push😊

Play off push? I take it you weren't at Pompey yesterday 🙄
Crawley001
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there rules regarding naming a set squad like in the premiership, and if there are spaces then you can register free agents signed outside of the window? For example Anichebe signing for Sunderland post deadline
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: