CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Strikers!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broadfield Dave
First Team
First Team

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff. Excellent striker on board.

3-year deal though? Wow.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadfield Dave wrote:

3-year deal though? Wow.

I posted previously that decent strikers are the players most likely to hold out for the right deal.

People wanted us to sign a proven striker.. and as the new season approaches they are in a strong position to ask for a three-year contract... and if we hadn't agreed, I reckon someone else would have been more than willing to...(?)
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Broadfield Dave wrote:

3-year deal though? Wow.

I posted previously that decent strikers are the players most likely to hold out for the right deal.

People wanted us to sign a proven striker.. and as the new season approaches they are in a strong position to ask for a three-year contract... and if we hadn't agreed, I reckon someone else would have been more than willing to...(?)
that doesnt mean 3 year is right for us. Massive massive massive risk.
Broadfield Dave
First Team
First Team

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Broadfield Dave wrote:

3-year deal though? Wow.

If the owners were happy to sanction it, then fair enough. Goals aren't guaranteed in this league but Collins is about as close as you get to that.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
thad wrote:
...People wanted us to sign a proven striker.. and as the new season approaches they are in a strong position to ask for a three-year contract... and if we hadn't agreed, I reckon someone else would have been more than willing to...(?)
that doesnt mean 3 year is right for us. Massive massive massive risk.

When I posted that... "People wanted us to sign a proven striker.."

...what I really meant was that the likes of RR&R wanted us to sign a proven striker... so that he can moan about giving them a 3-year-deal... of course it is a risk.. but so was a one-year deal to Fenelon... do you really think we can make a risk-free signing...? Rolling Eyes
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fenelon always looked like he was on Valium to me. When he came on as sub he always wandered on as if in a trance.

It certainly can't be any more of a gamble than giving Walton a 2 year contract.

In fact go back a bit further and there was a guy that showed up at the club regularly every day, apparently John Gregory tried to sign him on a 2 year deal. It turned out he was the postman.
rh20devil
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RRR don't can you never ever be positive about things! 3 year deal or 1 year deal??? He is a proven goal score in this league!
If we'd given him a 1 year deal and he scored a hatful this season and then someone took him for nothing you'd be the first to moan!!!
Get a life and start being positive about this new era at the club!!
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
thad wrote:
Broadfield Dave wrote:

3-year deal though? Wow.

that doesnt mean 3 year is right for us. I am a Massive massive massive knob.

Corrected for you.
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great signing very few better in this league than Collins if he gets the service he will score 15 - 20 no problem

Welcome aboard the good ship CTFC may you enjoy your time here and become our next cult hero
Warren
Coach
Coach

Topics: 299

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An excellent signing and a real statement of intent from ZE, DD and all involved in the move.

We're getting a proven striker at this level with a record of knowing what to do to get promoted out of L2.

I'd go as far to say that Collins is the best permanent signing we've made in the last three seasons or so and should be a 20 goal a season man if given the right service.

Starting to get a decent spine to the team now and upgrading on the regulars from last season in bringing in Connolly for Bradley and Collins for Barnard/Fenelon/Deacon/Tomlin.
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Shrewsbury released him from his contract. There were rumours he was very well paid so maybe they needed to get him off the wage bill.

However a very impressive signing and for three years so if he does really well we may make some money in the future.
I can't see, with his scoring record him being an overhead I think he will always score. Managing him and keeping him happy might be a challenge.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/football/1088983/mk-dons-samir-carruthers-and-shrewsburys-james-collins-fined-and-suspended-over-vile-urinating-act/
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warren wrote:
Collins for Barnard/Fenelon/Deacon/Tomlin.

Interesting to see last season's forwards have mostly headed down the leagues to get some football.

Barnard - Braintree
Fenelon - Aldershot
Deacon - ?
Tomlin - Dulwich
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Warren wrote:

Interesting to see last season's forwards have mostly headed down the leagues to get some football.

Barnard - Braintree
Fenelon - Aldershot
Deacon - ?
Tomlin - Dulwich

Barnard scored a couple for Braintree. He is in partnership with Jack Midson. Another player we once looked at signing (I believe).

Deacon is trying to get a deal at Portsmouth.

Jim Baker
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme wrote:
Surprised Shrewsbury released him from his contract. There were rumours he was very well paid so maybe they needed to get him off the wage bill.

However a very impressive signing and for three years so if he does really well we may make some money in the future.
I can't see, with his scoring record him being an overhead I think he will always score. Managing him and keeping him happy might be a challenge.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/football/1088983/mk-dons-samir-carruthers-and-shrewsburys-james-collins-fined-and-suspended-over-vile-urinating-act/

The article states that he (and another) were caught 'red-handed'. Let's hope it wasn't friction burns.
glenthered
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 12

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
Simon wrote:
Warren wrote:

Barnard - Braintree
Fenelon - Aldershot
Deacon - ?
Tomlin - Dulwich

Barnard scored a couple for Braintree. He is in partnership with Jack Midson. Another player we once looked at signing (I believe).

Deacon is trying to get a deal at Portsmouth.

Jim Baker

As reported on the Former players thread, he has signed for Sutton United.

http://www.suttonunited.net/news.php

"Manager Paul Doswell claimed to have made one of his best signings after securing the services of 24 year old winger Roarie Deacon from Crawley Town. The former Arsenal youngster has also played for Stevenage and has three England Under 19 caps Paul said: 'Roarie is a player we've tracked for a while and is a big signing for the club as a direct replacement for Tom Bolarinwa.' "
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: