CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Barnet matchday thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Site Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 1302

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: Barnet matchday thread
Event: 07 May 2016

Please keep any discussion of today's game against Barnet to this thread. Any others may be merged with this one, locked or deleted.

Those unable to get to the game will be able to keep up to date with the action with commentary on Reds Player.

There is also text commentary available from the BBC and Sporting Life courtesy of the Press Association.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36176365
http://www.sportinglife.com/fo.....n-v-barnet
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half time 0-1.

At least we are trying to play football and have had a few half chances. However the quality isn't there.

Good to see Terry Robbins back at the club.
rubyred
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missed the lap of honour, i would have shouted abuse at them. Aside from Edwards the lot of them have to go.

I'm very pleased we lost the last two games, the manager can see how cack we are. Although i don't think much of his motivational skills. 0 scored 6 against in two games has bottom of the table next season written all over it if he keeps any of them apart from edwards.
butlersoft
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 12

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear .....

And John Akinde scores twice in a game at Broadfield .... Double the number he managed for us in his time here.

Regroup and rebuild over the summer...
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

0-3. Just like last week we made a reasonable effort in the first half but second half we just disintegrated. Men against boys.

Defence carved open twice by Big John, the second one Yorwerth just didn't look like he was trying.

2 points out of 30, just shows what a big clearout job DD has on his hands.
Martin (Peacehaven)
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 12

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodness me, what a desperately sorry end to the season. We need to do some serious work during the summer if we're to build a team that can consolidate in League 2.
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beyond **** poor
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can i vote for the king as MOM? At least he faced fans at end alao did Shamir, Young and Bradley. As for the game was weird crawlwy fans cheering Akinde goal and Barnet third. Stats we have actually got worse since yates left Shocked or is it a Shocked as we have worst squad players ever assembled since conference days and afterwards. Bradley is no leader and a joke. Fails to do his captain job and organise. Ending game with NO striker was riddiculous as was Bradley upfront. Edwards injected bit of hope we really after an even start tge same old bad to worse to dreadful to embarressing occuirred. Barnet started taking the p by playing at walking pace. Worrying was DD post match interview with signs of prepared work with these players. Please ask for dvd of entire season DD watch it all like the fans have then tell us you wanna work with them. Some try jimmy bob,s son and fenelon examples of that but many seasons our points tally woodve relegated us. We are not good enough. Needs complete clear out. Even the keeper looked far from confident. Mugged off today as too many reds players did not put effort required in. Biggest cheer arguably for tomlin being taken off. Says it all.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rubyred wrote:
Missed the lap of honour, i would have shouted abuse at them. Aside from Edwards the lot of them have to go.

I'm very pleased we lost the last two games, the manager can see how cack we are. Although i don't think much of his motivational skills. 0 scored 6 against in two games has bottom of the table next season written all over it if he keeps any of them apart from edwards.
maybe you were on of quite a few booing at final whistle. I tjought it was laughable going into dressing room.then reappearing and much better they showed appreciation at the end. Good to see the King on the pitch shame wasnt able play today as we never looked like scoring
rubyred
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
rubyred wrote:

maybe you were on of quite a few booing at final whistle. I tjought it was laughable going into dressing room.then reappearing and much better they showed appreciation at the end. Good to see the King on the pitch shame wasnt able play today as we never looked like scoring

Many times we havn't looked like scoring this season and we havn't. the defence has also been a shambles.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd worst goal difference in the league....we were lucky to stay up. How anyone picks a MOM from today i do not know!
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk today was Young Smith Bradley and Tomlin would be staying . Huge mistake if true. Manger has a chance of a fresh start and needs to take it.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The talk where I stand was all about how bl00dy poor we are.

I know people like Thad are more optimistic now but for the life of me I cannot see how. Unless we get some decent players in early and coach them into a team I just feel that next season will be our swansong as a league club.

It says it all that Bawling was the best player in a Crawley shirt today. For all his good points he is, and has been, a bit part player but on what I saw today he would be the only one playing I would offer a contract too....Nah! To be honest. I wouldn't but you get the point.

Jim Baker
Crawley001
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Crawley game for a little while and I thought there was a huge improvement in the style of play! I said after 15-20 minutes that I would be surprised if the players could keep that level of pressing and energy up the whole game and ultimately that was the problem.

Don't think you can compare stats between Yates and Drummy when Yates was playing sit back and hoof with a team of long ball pumpers whereas Drummy is trying to play football with the same team.

I fully agree with Drummy's comments post match, he could have gone for a draw and played rubbish football or actually used the game to see which players can adapt to his style. If he can assemble a team to play that way then I think next season could be an exciting one.

Lost today because Barnet were more clinical. I can't remember Rose actually making a save! We had a couple of good chances but didn't take them.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Players award went as follows:
Most unpopular player: barn door
Worst passer of the ball: tied between tomlin and bradley
Worst defender: tied between every player thats played in defence.
Only player worthy of a clap award: edwsrds narrowly beat second place the king
Goal of season award: not given as no one could remember if and when we last scored
Manager of season: yates (but despite the form book an appeal has been lodged with the judges)
Young player of season: fenelon
Best goalkeeper award: not awarded so stays with the king
Worst striker award: went to tomlin
Most unpopular sub: barn door
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: