CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Dermot Drummy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
royjenningsghost
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 6

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
I wait with interest how you set out your stool.

Sorry but I nearly cracked a couple of ribs reading that, I really hope he's not going to *beep* on the pitch but rather that he'll set out his stall

Very Happy
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

royjenningsghost wrote:
Jim Baker wrote:

Sorry but I nearly cracked a couple of ribs reading that, I really hope he's not going to *beep* on the pitch but rather that he'll set out his stall

Very Happy
hope is managerial ability isnt ss *beep* as previous one. Time will tell hopefully he will have some decent contacts.
Two year contract is a HUGE MISTAKE he is unproven its a massive gamble. I hope the owners have enough in the piggy bank to pay him off if the gamble doesnt pay off. Surely for hif first contract a maximum.one season wouldve been more than enough.
paul50
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

royjenningsghost wrote:
Jim Baker wrote:

Very Happy
Laughing
rubyred
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
DD is a punt better than many branded on here buty concern is hope its no lengthy contract and why rush the choice?

Yes definately rushed. I have a bad feeling about this. Going down next season if the team is full of 18 year olds. We need lower league experience made of men not kids. And having seen the argus who reckon one player is a turk formerly of enfield in the ryman premier i'm very worried. I'd have gone for the accrington manager not someone that has NEVER managed in the league.
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very bold appointment by Mr Erin. But in a way not isure he had a choice. Feel we have to fund the club by developing young players and selling them on. The big risk is wether DD can get the results to keep us in Division 2.

But I like the bold move and let's see if it works. It will be interesting to see how the players react on Saturday especially the older more experienced players who must now feel there days at ctfc are numbered..
allanp
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 43

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had never heard of DD until this week but let's give him every chance to be successful.
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Never heard of him . He owner has taken a gamble but that's his choice.

My caution would be we have had lots of Arsenal youth star s who have been utter crap Deacon , Henderson to name a couple. He will need to be able to identify the chaff because a stand out under 21 does not necessarily make a decent league 2 pro.

If we are are going try and accommodate more than three or four youngsters in a match day 17 we will be taken to the cleaners.

I agree - that's a really sound point. I recall a couple of seasons ago in a pre-season friendly against Three Bridges, some of the trialists (some of whom we ended up giving contracts too thanks to JG) were completely bullied by the likes of Allan Tait and Brakey.

Too many of the under 21s at Premier league football are pretty on the ball but hopeless when it comes to the fight
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He hasn't even started signing players yet, and already some on here are running their gobs off about how we will definitely be relegated with a squad of 18 year old kids.
Can you lot see into the future, or are you just unable to wind your necks in long enough to actually wait and see who we sign first? Rolling Eyes
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

Topics: 50

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rubyred wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
DD is a punt better than many branded on here buty concern is hope its no lengthy contract and why rush the choice?

Yes definately rushed. I have a bad feeling about this. Going down next season if the team is full of 18 year olds. We need lower league experience made of men not kids. And having seen the argus who reckon one player is a turk formerly of enfield in the ryman premier i'm very worried. I'd have gone for the accrington manager not someone that has NEVER managed in the league.

John Coleman is a good manager. However, he is based up north and is likely to be managing in League 1 next season. He has only ever done well at Accrington and struggled at Rochdale. He probably has no inetrest in moving down south to a League 2 club.
synavm
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did an excellent job with Chelsea. I believe he won two FA Youth Cups and the U21 Premier League twice, before handing over to his understudy who has won two FA Youth Cups and two UEFA Youth League (basically U21 Champions League). If he can bring through some of the young Chelsea players at Crawley, I reckon Crawley will be in business. They are a cut above, they just don't get a chance at senior level.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

synavm wrote:
He did an excellent job with Chelsea. I believe he won two FA Youth Cups and the U21 Premier League twice, before handing over to his understudy who has won two FA Youth Cups and two UEFA Youth League (basically U21 Champions League). If he can bring through some of the young Chelsea players at Crawley, I reckon Crawley will be in business. They are a cut above, they just don't get a chance at senior level.

Yes, interesting point. It depends on the coach as well as the players.

JG brought in those two lads from Palace, Boateng and KaiKai, and they did nothing. A year or so later and they have both been playing regularly for better teams than us. Makes you wonder.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
He hasn't even started signing players yet, and already some on here are running their gobs off about how we will definitely be relegated with a squad of 18 year old kids.
Can you lot see into the future, or are you just unable to wind your necks in long enough to actually wait and see who we sign first? Rolling Eyes

Oh come on now. It wouldn't be Crawl;ey Town if someone wasn't slagged off before he's had a chance to get his feet under the table. I reckon he's got off lightly, because the usual way is to slag them before they sign the contract.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres diffetrnce between slaggering off and raising valid reasoned concern and the latter being DD has no experience of managing a first team let alone at league two. Unquestionably its a punt my main concern is with that we gave him a two year contract. Unnecessary. And why now its not like we are going down and had sacking taken place after Barnet im sute that woodve protected season ticket sales.
Ashdown Red
First Team
First Team

Topics: 31

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched his interview on the OS. He comes accross very well and has plenty of contacts talks about getting the right blend of experience in the squad.
This looks a very good appointment, our problem may be trying to keep him at Crawley in the future.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashdown Red wrote:
This looks a very good appointment, our problem may be trying to keep him at Crawley in the future.

Loyalty won't be an issue, I've been following him on Social Media for a little while now and it is a common theme, as is keeping disagreements in-house (a subject that his former club have failed spectacularly at), black cabs & an exceptionally good taste in music...!

Cool

I'd also make the point that he has impressed our owners (it wasn't a rushed choice) and was always going to be their first choice, however he didn't strut in at the takeover. MY/JD were given opportunities to demonstrate their qualities and - I suspect - it was terrace grumblings and the risk to season ticket sales that was the crunch factor their demise...(?)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: