CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

The definitive sack Yates thread..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David R wrote:
I think the mess we were lin at the end of last season we were lucky to have Mr Yates to come in and manage us, relegated, no money, falling attendances, I hope, maybe with a bit of a budget and a bit of optimism around the place, Mr Yates is given next season to show what he can do.

Agree 100% salut
Damo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David R wrote:
I think the mess we were lin at the end of last season we were lucky to have Mr Yates to come in and manage us, relegated, no money, falling attendances, I hope, maybe with a bit of a budget and a bit of optimism around the place, Mr Yates is given next season to show what he can do.

Good post. Agree 100%
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one has mentioned Mark Yates deciding at the end of the season that Crawley isn't for him.He will most likely want an extention to the one year left on he's contract and a certain amount of money to spend building a new squad.He has done well to keep Crawley up and plenty of chairman at other clubs will have taken note of that achiement.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
No one has mentioned Mark Yates deciding at the end of the season that Crawley isn't for him.He will most likely want an extention to the one year left on he's contract and a certain amount of money to spend building a new squad.He has done well to keep Crawley up and plenty of chairman at other clubs will have taken note of that achiement.
are you serious? A barge pole is greatervattraction than yates record at this great club!
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be true Lee, he has certainly not done his CV any harm and also maybe we should also consider that recent criticism about style is a luxury that fans now feel we have, because we have stopped being concerned about safety...? perhaps Yates has actually been a victim of his own success...

Surprised

...lets face it, this time last season we couldn't have given a stuff about entertainment, it was all about getting points...!
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Could be true Lee, he has certainly not done his CV any harm and also maybe we should also consider that recent criticism about style is a luxury that fans now feel we have, because we have stopped being concerned about safety...? perhaps Yates has actually been a victim of his own success...

Surprised

...lets face it, this time last season we couldn't have given a stuff about entertainment, it was all about getting points...!
and now under yates we have few points AND a lack of entertainment
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jules59 wrote:
I would like to see Mark Yates given the opportunity to work with a decent budget ,give him the chance to bring in better players and then judge him.
Not sure if any manager could have done much better with the lack of funds .
in fact I'm sure a number of managers would have taken us down.

Great post , I agree 100%
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David R wrote:

Agree fully , well said !
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
thad wrote:

Surprised

If negativity and lack of entertainment are grounds for being sacked, can we have a "Definitive Sack R,R&R from the forum" thread?

In the meantime, keep up the good work Mark & Jimmy.
If I were a betting person, I would put money on us finishing 7th or higher next season. I know for some that would for our "great club" not be good enough but hey ho.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

backofthenet wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
thad wrote:

Surprised

If negativity and lack of entertainment are grounds for being sacked, can we have a "Definitive Sack R,R&R from the forum" thread?

In the meantime, keep up the good work Mark & Jimmy.
If I were a betting person, I would put money on us finishing 7th or higher next season. I know for some that would for our "great club" not be good enough but hey ho.
7th us failure rhe fact yates has not got us up as champions meams without any doubt HE HAS failed
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
7th us failure rhe fact yates has not got us up as champions meams without any doubt HE HAS failed

Is football the only working arena where people feel empowered to publicly call for someone to lose their employment simply because they themselves have set arbitrary unrealistic expectations...(?)

Serious question RR&R, have you ever actually sacked anyone..?

scratch

I have quite a few times and it is a deeply unpleasant experience. It should only ever be used when all other reasonable options have been tried & failed. First thing you attempt to do is help people to succeed, offer positive advice, establish benchmarks & milestones and give them an opportunity to flourish.

You are dealing with the livelihood of human beings...!
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im.a fan.and as a fan Yates is a failure as manager. Be more suited in a circus thats all that matters. i expect serioys challenge back to league one. Under yates we are closer go down than up. Sack him. End of.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
Im.a fan.and as a fan Yates is a failure as manager. Be more suited in a circus thats all that matters. i expect serioys challenge back to league one. Under yates we are closer go down than up. Sack him. End of.

You've proved my point brilliantly..... you're qualified to sack the manager because you are a fan... really... yet you haven't got a single clue about the process of sacking people, the legal and consequential implications.... despite you not being the person who set the targets for the Manager this season it is all about you.... you'd just sack him... yeah right...

...and you'd replace him with someone else and before long you'd sack them too... and no doubt sack their replacement...

...but so far you haven't offered one single valid reason to sack the guy other than he hasn't met your - ridiculous - expectations... you're okay paying his entire contract out... you'd sack your way into non-league in no time...!
Paul
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:

So you would have sacked your beloved Steve Evans in the years before we won the Conference as he was a failure?
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just glad I'm not one of Triple R's employees.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: