CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

One goal in four games since Murphey left
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject: One goal in four games since Murphey left Reply with quote

Title says it all. We need a goal threat. 360 minutes and we have scored one goal.

Notts county got their first clean sheat since mid October.

New striker needed.
daz
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But we have 5 already why do we want anymore..how many goals have these 5 scored between them? Collectively the worst bunch of strikers in my memory...
Red Army
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, we won't do anything this half of the season if we don't loan someone in who knows where the net is. Harrold just isn't good enough I'm afraid.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one we did score came from a mis-hit that was heading well wide.

Harrold will never be a big scorer, he is a target man and needs someone to feed off him. Good example in first half today, ball was crossed from the right into 6 yard box but Barnard was standing in the D.
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: One goal in four games since Murphey left Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Title says it all. We need a goal threat. 360 minutes and we have scored one goal.

Notts county got their first clean sheat since mid October.

New striker needed.

It doesn't say it all at all.

Two tough away games in that four, a win and a blip.

I agree we need another striker, but there's more to be said than that.
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daz wrote:
But we have 5 already why do we want anymore..how many goals have these 5 scored between them? Collectively the worst bunch of strikers in my memory...

Hahaha, Daz. You don't even know your born!

If this is the worst collection of strikers in your memory how far back does your memory go?
Broadfield Dave
First Team
First Team

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This squad is screaming for a goalscorer. We were largely on top today, but no-one at all showed any interest in bothering the opposition net, least of all Barnard.
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrold is never going to be a prolific scorer and his strength is his ability to win headers and hold the ball up for others to join in which he has done well all season. He just needs to play with someone like Murphy who can score.

As for Barnard, he is clearly a man past his best and with his lack of football this season it's no surprise he's struggling. He never gets in the box and in goal scoring positions so it's no surprise he's not scoring.

The only hope for a club in our position is to get lucky with a decent loan signing like Murphy who'll score goals because we can't afford to buy a decent forward. And the problem of course is that whenever we do find anyone half decent who hits some form, being a club with a low budget in the lower half of league 2, they'll get quickly snapped up by someone higher up.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take a different view, we have strikers.. but they are always to be found in midfield when we need them in the area...! Shocked
GreyTrader
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 19

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
I take a different view, we have strikers.. but they are always to be found in midfield when we need them in the area...! Shocked

Maybe they are helping out a weak midfield then!
Alan (Cheltenham Branch)
First Team
First Team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex BH wrote:
Harrold is never going to be a prolific scorer and his strength is his ability to win headers and hold the ball up for others to join in which he has done well all season. He just needs to play with someone like Murphy who can score.

As for Barnard, he is clearly a man past his best and with his lack of football this season it's no surprise he's struggling. He never gets in the box and in goal scoring positions so it's no surprise he's not scoring.

Agree with this. The last 2 or 3 games I've seen Barnard play he has put in plenty of effort - particularly at Wycombe where he was up front on his own for most of the game and got a real battering from their defenders. He just doesn't get into positions where it looks like he will score goals. I know it's financially unlikely but it's why I would take Tubbsy back like a shot. I don't care if it would be his third or twenty third time with the club, the guy is a goal scorer and works hard to make runs which will stretch defenders and provide opportunities.
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan (Cheltenham Branch) wrote:
Alex BH wrote:

Agree with this. The last 2 or 3 games I've seen Barnard play he has put in plenty of effort - particularly at Wycombe where he was up front on his own for most of the game and got a real battering from their defenders. He just doesn't get into positions where it looks like he will score goals. I know it's financially unlikely but it's why I would take Tubbsy back like a shot. I don't care if it would be his third or twenty third time with the club, the guy is a goal scorer and works hard to make runs which will stretch defenders and provide opportunities.

I'd agree about Barnard. Now he's had a run in the side he's clearly putting in a lot of effort and some of the touches he has shows that he was once of a higher calibre than League 2. Trouble is, that's gone and in spite of all this he does look like a spent force. He just doesn't seem to have the legs to get into the box, there was a few decent balls in yesterday that was to no-one. That's where he should be.

I'd love Tubbsy back. Proven at this level. I can't see it happening though.
ElTel
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe its time Fenlon was given a couple of starts as it doesn't look like Barnard is the answer, although I thought the first 20mins was the best I'd seen this season mainly because of Jenkins willingness to recieve the ball and two footed passing ability we then got carried away and ended with one pass too many instead of getting it in the box early.
colin
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnyard and Tomlin could not hit a barn door between them oh how we need a forward who knows where the back of net is
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreyTrader wrote:
thad wrote:

Maybe they are helping out a weak midfield then!

That is my point - we need midfielders who can supply forwards rather than forwards trying to supply themselves.

Yesterdays match as an example... second half we only got anywhere when we went down the flanks or set-pieces, we were never going to get through them... now I know that Rooney gets lost in no-mans-land.. but he was always our best option for one moment of inspiration and he encourages forwards to run into the area. It is the nearest thing to a decent Plan B and sometimes you need to take the gamble...!

scratch

I'd have given him twenty minutes because whatever else, it would have actually changed things... opinions will vary whether it would have been for the better or worse..(?)

colin wrote:
Barnyard and Tomlin could not hit a barn door between them oh how we need a forward who knows where the back of net is

Actually we found the back of the net.... it is the FRONT of the net we needed to aim at. Wink
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: