CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Cambridge United matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Barnard had a decent game today. I'm not his biggest fan but just like Wycombe he worked really hard.

Yates comes across well in his interviews. Sensible stuff - we will only bring in players that improve the squad etc and always gives a sensible analysis of the game. In contrast JG always sounded like a stuck record.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
I thought Barnard had a decent game today. I'm not his biggest fan but just like Wycombe he worked really hard.

Yates comes across well in his interviews. Sensible stuff - we will only bring in players that improve the squad etc and always gives a sensible analysis of the game. In contrast JG always sounded like a stuck record.
barn door needs to be shown the door get rid as for clown yates it wouldnt take much to improve his squad andcas for sensible yates ive notb Laughing Laughing Laughing so much in ages Laughing Fenelon should started ahead of barn door
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

backofthenet wrote:
thad wrote:
Liked the look of Smith.

He sounded good in his post match interview as well. He might even change your view on "Yorkshire folk". Wink

My irrational prejudices have been finely developed over many decades... and in any case I would check his birth certificate...

...even if it says he is born in Yorkshire and the love-child of Fred Trueman & Nora Batty and he lives on a diet of roast kestrel with chips in gravy... there is still good enough cause to question how a supposed 19 year old making his debut for us, looked the most composed & mature player on display....?

scratch

I thought they all put in a decent shift today, okay so it doesn't always come off for the likes of Barnard & Tomlin but they seem to be developing better instincts & understanding and that has to be a positive.
Paul
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianchiboy wrote:
rubyred wrote:
Paul wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
Lazy barndoor starts ahead of benchwarmer fenelon Shocked another my **** up! Good luck George but if it all goes pear shape you'll just blend in!

Goal set up by Barnard?

It's the only thing he has done all season. Get rid.

And he didn't mean to do it!
He really is woeful, Barndoor has never been a more appropriate moniker!?

Thought he had a decent game yesterday, still I suppose you wouldn't be Crawley fans if you didn't have someone to slag off.
PCrawley1
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
backofthenet wrote:
thad wrote:
Liked the look of Smith.

He sounded good in his post match interview as well. He might even change your view on "Yorkshire folk". Wink

My irrational prejudices have been finely developed over many decades... and in any case I would check his birth certificate...

...even if it says he is born in Yorkshire and the love-child of Fred Trueman & Nora Batty and he lives on a diet of roast kestrel with chips in gravy... there is still good enough cause to question how a supposed 19 year old making his debut for us, looked the most composed & mature player on display....?

scratch

I thought they all put in a decent shift today, okay so it doesn't always come off for the likes of Barnard & Tomlin but they seem to be developing better instincts & understanding and that has to be a positive.

Considering it's Tomlins first start of the season it was a fairly encouraging display.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCrawley1 wrote:
thad wrote:

Considering it's Tomlins first start of the season it was a fairly encouraging display.

Players do improve - it wasn't that long ago that Matty Harrold was being called a big useless lump - Jimmy Smith & Walton seem to be appreciated more too. But it can take time.

Tomlin looked good at the end of last season and Barnard is starting to fit in, but we wont see the best of him until he is in and around the area more regularly and the team need to figure out how to do that.
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought ' the team' played fairly well today considering the changes and loan returns.

Well done Mark Yates and Jimmy Dack !
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are starting to look like a solid mid table division 2 team.....and Mark yates seems a man well capable of finding some good loan players....
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We won but it was a poor game. Both teams struggled with the rain but any time someone got the ball down and played they started to open the opposition up. Shame we didn't do it more.

I'm glad we won but being critical we must try to be more exiting. We are a small club and the only way to grow is to get punters through the door. The only way to get them to come is make the games exiting. 1-0s are not going to bring them in.

Jim Baker
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
We won but it was a poor game. Both teams struggled with the rain but any time someone got the ball down and played they started to open the opposition up. Shame we didn't do it more.

I'm glad we won but being critical we must try to be more exiting. We are a small club and the only way to grow is to get punters through the door. The only way to get them to come is make the games exiting. 1-0s are not going to bring them in.

Jim Baker

I agree . If we get more fans in, we can't have them exiting too early.

Maybe more exciting Jim ? Wink
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:

Jim Baker

We win, it's not exciting enough, we moan.

I'd hate to play for Crawley.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
Jim Baker wrote:

Jim Baker

We win, it's not exciting enough, we moan.

I'd hate to play for Crawley.

It's possible to win yet the game not be exciting or entertaining (as Man Utd fans will attest).
ukredz
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The crossing of the left back made a difference, fizzed it in with pace
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - of course you can argue that the most fluidity at Saturdays match fell from the heavens... but c'mon it was a league 2 clash in early January not the Nou Camp in Spring... it was still an engaging contest, never going to be a classic but never dull either..!
reigatered
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's face it its a very long time since we played attractive flowing football. At the moment its all about gritty, dogged performances that are hard to watch. Survival at the level seems to be the (realistic) limit of our ambitions.

Of course the spirit to grind out sufficient results to keep us where we are has to be admired, but we will not win many new fans with the style of play. I suppose its about consolidation at the moment.

We deserved the win on Saturday because we were the better team. I was most disappointed with Cambridge given their decent position in the division. In my view our best players were Harrold, Edwards, Ashton and Smith - not sure where Young's MOM came from!

I very much look forward to Oyebanjo returning to play at right back. Young has been weak all season, probably because he is being asked to play out of position. Harrold works so hard and will achieve legendary status with fans if he keeps it up. He has his limitations as we all know, but is a good target man. On his day Edwards is a cut above any other contracted player at the club.

Five or six more wins ought to see us safe this season.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: