CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Sussex Senior Cup draw
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
Substitute League 1 for League 2, Whitehawk for Hastings and remove the reference to extra time and this looks lke a report on last year's exit from the SSC.............

The difference was last year we were strapped for players and using people like Fletcher, deLima, Richefond, Banya, Anderson etc who we all knew were really just cannon fodder.

Last night the starting 11 were all League 2 players.....
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ant wrote:
Rooney was the only outfield player trying to get something going - trouble is he was often too far back picking the ball up.

Far too deep, looked like a centre back on occasions, shame as I felt he was the only one capable of opening them up, but too peripheral and never in the sort of positions where he could inflict real damage.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The club needs take these cup games seriously after all what else did fans have to look forwsrd to beyond cup final at Amex? It would do well remember its roots and clearly Yates did nothung to galvanise passion of being top team in the county. When supposed bigger clubs like Crawley fail take these competitions seriously it really does nothing to attract more support from er.... other parts of Sussex. Own goal ctfc steered by ine if not the the most inept useless managers we have ever had. Fans pay your money Yates and have right let you know how they feel losing to Hastings! Hastings. Its worse than the Whitehawk embarressment. A massive new low caused by yates own team
daz
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we even know if it was hastings first choice eleven ? Had a look on their forum on tuesday before the game and there fans were saying they should rest a few players as there game at weekend was more important than last nights game..we may have lost to hastings reserves...
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daz wrote:
Do we even know if it was hastings first choice eleven ? Had a look on their forum on tuesday before the game and there fans were saying they should rest a few players as there game at weekend was more important than last nights game..we may have lost to hastings reserves...
please tell me this is a wind up?
martin(crawley)
Coach
Coach

Topics: 67

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
daz wrote:
please tell me this is a wind up?
No your the wind up
Bianchiboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
It was an utterly pathetic display, on a par with last season at Whitehawk. We had 11 League 2 players starting and were outplayed by a mid table Rymans South team who thoroughly deserved to win.

Yates said before the game it was a chance for squad players to show what then can do. The only sensible conclusion he could reach is that he needs to get rid of quite a few quite quickly.

Henderson had a strop pulling his shirt off and heading straight down the tunnel, however to be fair Bawling, Jenkins, Tomlin, Fenelon and Barnard were all equally useless. Barnard particularly was totally shackled by Sean Ray, it really was sad to see a former top flight player looking so feeble. The trialist wasn't up to it either, pretty obvious, so cut our losses and move on.

Well done to Callum Preston for a few decent saves to save us from greater humiliation.

I'm not sure how many of our owners/directors were there (bearing in mind none showed up against Eastbourne at the same stage last year) but it really was dire.

I really believe Preston should be starting for us, he certainly won't get lobbed quite as easy as Flahavan last Saturday?
Simon
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daz wrote:

No it certainly wasn't! Sam Adams started from the bench and Billy Medlock didn't get a game at all.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point us they are poor ameteurs playing **** park football and we are aupposed be professionals train regularly no excuses played on decent Broadfield pitch
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianchiboy wrote:
I really believe Preston should be starting for us, he certainly won't get lobbed quite as easy as Flahavan last Saturday?

He looked solid and made some very decent saves, but I thought he didn't seem too keen to leave his line, is that a reasonable assessment given it was the first time I've seen him in action..?

scratch
royboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Bianchiboy wrote:

He looked solid and made some very decent saves, but I thought he didn't seem too keen to leave his line, is that a reasonable assessment given it was the first time I've seen him in action..?

scratch

I think that's spot on
Simon
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Bianchiboy wrote:

scratch

Probably fair. His command of the box and distribution need work but he is a young lad still learning. I would have thought it better for the long term future of the club to invest in youngsters rather than people in the twilight of their careers but without a reserve set up his chances of competitive football are limited.

Regardless of which keeper we use it must be unnerving to play behind a defence like ours.

Hopefully Oyebanjo will be back soon which will help.
matt_putland
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 98

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Bianchiboy wrote:

scratch

That would seem about right, i would imagine that's more to do with his age / experience than it being a general trait. Keepers of that age are very rarely comfortable coming out to claim crosses and generally command the penalty area.

David De Gea is widely seen as one of the best keepers in the Premier League now but when he first arrived in the country at 20 he dealt with crosses worse than Dracula.

It's something I'm sure Preston will work and improve on. From what I've seen of him he certainly looks an excellent shot stopper and worthy of a run of games
Thomasfrances1
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken a few days to reflect on Tuesday night....for what they are worth, here are my thoughts.

First of all, for a team that only train twice a week, Hastings were really well organised. To play 451 in such a disciplined way, without offering little pockets of space to our midfielders takes some doing, at their level. Credit to their managerial team, who clearly know how to set a team up.

As for Crawley, they started off ok, and their idea of Henderson drifting inside with Hancox pushed right on, was the best way to deal with facing five in their midfield. Their wasn't much tempo or many vertical passes though, so Hastings remained untroubled a lot of the time.

When we did get in behind, down the sides, we created enough chances to be ahead, especially from crosses.

Scales clearly isn't a centre back, and struggled with their big lad up front, who held it up well for them.

Second half, again credit to their managerial team, they just stuck a man on Rooney and stopped us playing. The worrying thing though is that Rooney was telling the centre halves to push on with the ball as 'they are marking me'... Well if he noticed it that early, why didn't we change it? Push him on another ten yards and see what happens. That, unfortunately never happened.

The strikers clearly haven't got goals in them, and that is worrying.

You can tell Henderson has been brought up on premiership academy football...he's a good player but everything is in front of the opposition. In league two it's mostly about winning the second ball, and playing from there. I'm not sure he's capable of that. His removal of his shirt was childish and, if done in tantrum, he should be punished.

The fitness was worrying, Hastings clearly looked the most likely as the game went on....you could sense a goal coming.
Bianchiboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Bianchiboy wrote:

scratch

I have only seen him in the in the league games he has started for us this season, but I definitely rate him higher than Flahavan. As you alluded to Thad in a post about the Luton game, they adopted a shoot on sight policy and that is why they scored the first goal.
As I have already mentioned, I am convinced that opposing managers are looking at Flahavan and telling their players to have a go at goal whenever possible because of his size?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: