CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Notts County matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont care if we have to rename 3 bridges 2 bridges or 1 bridge but with yates steering the ship its sinking and fast. Maybe he should stick to running cheap pubs not managing football clubs!
Ross
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 157

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:

Our current plight is no one's fault currently at the club.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
I suspect Evans may have burned too many bridges during his hasty exit...(?)

Hopefully not Three Bridges Wink
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
Small club, few fans, limited money.

To exist we have to cut our cloth accordingly.

Our current plight is no one's fault currently at the club.

We had our time in the sunshine. I hope we've made the most of it.

According to Dunford at the Season Ticket holder forum last week, we have an average League 2 budget.

Either Yates can't spend money wisely, or we have too many important players out due to injury, or Dunford is not telling it as it is.

I don't trust Dunford much so I know where my thoughts are.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we dont have an average manager or average quality group players we have awful set
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
I wouldn't know if Yates is a good manager or a poor manger . Alex Ferguson couldn't turn this lot into a team though.

Yates brought in half the team and to be fair Scales , woodman and McNerney have looked ok.

Barnard and Deacon haven't done anything.

Walton and Rooney are a joke.

We need some decent loans quick or we are re running last season. A new manager at Christmas and a struggle to stay up.

We already have 4 players in on loan - we can only play 5 at any one time, so not much scope for any more loanees is there?
Deacon done nothing? Apart from scoring 2 goals Rolling Eyes He's the only one of our strikers that has actually found the net.
To say Rooney is a joke is way harsh. He's our most creative player by far. He works hard too, just needs to improve his final ball and he'll be a decent asset for us. his passing/shooting is not good at the moment.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil B wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
Evans didnt do too badly on ltd funds. I day we wasted money on players sold

Evans was on limited funds ? HAHAHAHAHA. Laughing

Of all the distorted garbage you have written, that really takes the biscuit !

In fact, it's the chocolate Hobnob !

7th place in 2009/10?

Not that I'm defending Evans, but sometimes you should consider what you're using to slag RR&R off with Embarassed
jules59
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evans gave us the best of times,the best Crawley have ever had.Would Dunford ever have him return,never.
reigatered
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not at the Notts County game so my comments are based on what I have seen this season. The club seems to be in free fall and the only thing likely to save us from another relegation is if there are two worse teams in the Division.

It is clear that we have a group of players who are Conference level standard - Bawling, Young, Henderson, Harrold, Tomlin, Deacon, Walton etc.. Only five or six are perhaps capable of forming the basis of a squad likely to survive or perhaps prosper at this level.

Having said that I think our predicament is quite predictable. If you look at the history of non league clubs that get a good cash injection from a benefactor and subsequently rise through the pyramid as we did, the good times only last for a shortish period before clubs return to their natural level. There are exceptions of course, but they are usually where there is sustained investment or a good and substantial fan base to maintain momentum or at least help stabilise the club in more difficult times.

My hope for Crawley is that they can just about stabilise this term and then consolidate at League 2 level. It might need a new manager and new personnel, but all I think we can hope for is that the downward spiral is controlled and we survive this season thereby preserving our current status.

Inferior teams can sometimes survive if there is a real grit, determination and team spirit that can overcome technical deficiencies. Sometimes, as in the Portsmouth game, we showed that and it got us a point, but its not always apparent as, it seems from reports, in recent away games. Its also worrying if most of your better players are loanees. They obviously are not around for the long haul and are unlikely to have the same level of attachment or commitment to the club as they know that its fate, come the end of the season, is not paramount to their careers. We seem ever reliant upon loaned players and its worrying.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even at this stage I believe there are 2 teams worse than us.

I do feel we have some players who can compete at this level, probably everywhere but up front.

If we had a nucleus of Woodman, McNerney, Ashton, Bradley, Scales, Donnelly, Tomlinson, Oyebanjo, Young, Edwards and Rooney that to me is good enough to be outside the bottom 2. The difficulty is that I can't see where the goals are coming from - I've never seen Murphy play.

If you can't hold the ball up front it just comes straight back as we are finding.

From what I have seen Bawling, Barnard, Deacon, Fenelon, Harrold, Smith, Henderson, Walton are really squad players due to quality or fitness. Harrold and Henderson for example don't seem able to go more than a handful of games without breaking down. But you get what you pay for.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: