CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

AFC Wimbledon matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ross
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 157

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:
So if HKP has put money in why do we have a squad which is the smallest squad in the league and have signed no decent players.

He stopped putting money in but was asked to otherwise payroll would have been missed. It's not like Dave Pottinger or Matt Turner have the funds to finance the club. Shocked

Because he got outed.

If he was left alone nothing would have changed like its about too Sad
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross wrote:
Peter wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:
So if HKP has put money in why do we have a squad which is the smallest squad in the league and have signed no decent players.

He stopped putting money in but was asked to otherwise payroll would have been missed. It's not like Dave Pottinger or Matt Turner have the funds to finance the club. Shocked

Because he got outed.

If he was left alone nothing would have changed like its about too Sad

It is completely the other way around.... He'd stopped putting money in before he was outed.... he'd got bored with his new toy...

...but wouldn't give his ball back and actually act like a man and *beep* off and sell the club... if he had.. then there would have been no reason whatsoever to even raise questions with a board... who we all knew were simply his puppets by proxy.....!
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross wrote:
Peter wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

Because he got outed.

He must have been outed a while ago then. Confused

He stopped putting money in long before his name first appeared on here.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I suppose we could all just have done what the likes of Pottinger, Carter, Dunford, Turner and others have decided to do.... scurry about spineless & terrified in case we might just upset some rich spoilt moody sulking brummie.... c'mon guys... we are better off to have to watch a pub kick-about then be like them...!
Rolling Eyes
But Ross.... no doubt you have stated the line that will be the touted when we go broke.... blame those trouble-making fans.... wouldn't be the first-time would it mate..?
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking back I think Yates was tactically naive yesterday . We played four in midfield two of whom are pretty unfit, Rooney and Walton.

He needed to pull a striker back once we went into second half and become overrun.

We desperately need a decent central midfielder , even if a loanee.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
We desperately need a decent central midfielder , even if a loanee.

As I say... the introduction of that lad Bulman seemed to be the turning point... and it must also be said that when he appeared... from the away end it was great to witness that fantastic ovation from home fans...

...er ....or so I'm told Embarassed
Marky
Coach
Coach

Topics: 57

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: AFC Wimbledon matchday thread Reply with quote

Likeable loon wrote:
Several incidents of shirt pulling on Akinfenwa in the penalty area was nothing short of rape.

Nothing like a bit of exaggeration Laughing
lochislair
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 129

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: AFC Wimbledon matchday thread Reply with quote

Likeable loon wrote:
Several incidents of shirt pulling on Akinfenwa in the penalty area was nothing short of rape.

Setting aside that rather ridiculous comparison, surely to pull Akinfenwa's shirt and have an impact you'd need a team drawn from Billy Smarts Circus, rather than just a club run by clowns?
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: AFC Wimbledon matchday thread Reply with quote

Marky wrote:
Likeable loon wrote:

Nothing like a bit of exaggeration Laughing

You need to be strong to pull him over.

However having been sat at that end there was one about 5 minutes before he scored which was a stonewall penalty. Ashton had his shirt with both hands.

Must say I've always liked Akinfenwa, for such a gargantuan figure he covers a fair bit of ground. Given a choice between him and Matt Harrold I know who I would pick.
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: AFC Wimbledon matchday thread Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Must say I've always liked Akinfenwa, for such a gargantuan figure he covers a fair bit of ground. Given a choice between him and Matt Harrold I know who I would pick.

I like him too, and would have him here. He knows where the goal is!

I liked the way that he handled that thug Skrtel last season Wink

The only player Skrtel couldn't get his arms around!
reigatered
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes we were very poor, and a long hard season lies ahead. Short of quality all over the pitch. If the Smith / Walton pairing is the best we can up with for central midfield it is Conference standard at best.

We will also suffer big time from a lack of goals with the current personnel. Harrold is a centre forward who hardly ever scores and that has to be bad news. I thought Rooney was at least trying to be creative in an excessively dull midfield unit, even if much of his effort came to nothing. He did cross superbly for our goal.

Could be in for a hammering on Tuesday!
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

Topics: 50

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reigatered wrote:
Yes we were very poor, and a long hard season lies ahead. Short of quality all over the pitch. If the Smith / Walton pairing is the best we can up with for central midfield it is Conference standard at best.

We will also suffer big time from a lack of goals with the current personnel. Harrold is a centre forward who hardly ever scores and that has to be bad news. I thought Rooney was at least trying to be creative in an excessively dull midfield unit, even if much of his effort came to nothing. He did cross superbly for our goal.

Rooney could play in the centre rather than one of these two IMHO. Any new players likely to be on loan. Maybe worth giving Fenelon a go - at least he will be keen to impress. Play him and Barnard and there will be less temptation to play it long.
d_c_bryan
First Team
First Team

Topics: 19

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walton on the bench at best after that performance. To his credit though, he did look pretty fed up with himself when he sat outside the dugout after being substituted.
Looking back, Fowler took a while to get fitter and with it, better performances came, here's hoping...
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bridgesboy79 wrote:
reigatered wrote:

Rooney could play in the centre rather than one of these two IMHO. Any new players likely to be on loan. Maybe worth giving Fenelon a go - at least he will be keen to impress. Play him and Barnard and there will be less temptation to play it long.
i think Fenelon wouldve given more than Barnard ive not been impresed with Barnard at all. Although the service wasnt great he didnt strike me as a striker at all!
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
i think Fenelon wouldve given more than Barnard ive not been impresed with Barnard at all. Although the service wasnt great he didnt strike me as a striker at all!

Ran himself into the ground at Oxford. Didn't really have enough time on Saturday to make much impact really.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: