CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Ownership Change
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyingsporran
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce of Newcastle wrote:
The statement is absolute *beep*. Very patronising. The fans will always be in the dark.

I am missing something too. Isn't the issue where the cash for these shares came from, how much and how. If there is no cash from Asia I guess no problem and if not then she is owed a grovelling apology, or will be by me.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingsporran wrote:
The statement is absolute *beep*. Very patronising. The fans will always be in the dark.

I am missing something too. Isn't the issue where the cash for these shares came from, how much and how. If there is no cash from Asia I guess no problem and if not then she is owed a grovelling apology, or will be by me.

Cash for what shares?

The article says the Carters transferred their shareholding for a 'nominal sum'. Nominal sums are usually 1, 10 etc and I doubt would have needed cash from Asia?
Bianchiboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingsporran wrote:

I think you should apologise to the Crawley fans for insinuating that we sing the 'dirty northerners' song at our games.
If you had done any decent research into the club you would know that we rarely sing anything at all Wink.
We do like a good moan about stale burger buns and out of order hand dryers however, just so you know for your next article.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was the person started this thread and the reason for it has gone awry.

I was led to believe (at a public meeting) that Susan and Ian Carter had sold their shares (no sum mentioned or asked for) and had left the club. I didn't post about this news straight away. I thought I'd let the club make an announcement... I mean it was hardly a surprise that they had left as they had been trying to leave for a couple of years.

When no announcement was forthcoming I just wondered what was going on and why there hadn't been an announcement, especially as the Carter's names had gone from the list of shareholders.

I am not close to the board or any of the people with influence at the club and so my main idea was to start a thread saying thanks to Ian and Susan for the tremendous work and money they have put in over the years to enable Crawley to survive and prosper. Also to welcome the "new" major shareholder. I now feel like I have followed the instructions on a firework...Light blue touchpaper and retire.

Jim Baker
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, is Matt Turner now our illustrious leader.?
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

51 percent seals the deal. Possibly. Is he rich . We could do with a cash injection .
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
51 percent seals the deal. Possibly. Is he rich . We could do with a cash injection .

Or even just an injection. Crying or Very sad
Sam
Coach
Coach

Topics: 191

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://ctfc.net/forum/viewtopi.....mp;start=0

We might get an answer now, or maybe we have one already???

A football club is not like a 'normal' business. Emotions run high and people will do a lot to ensure that their club prospers.

Interesting times ahead.
flyingsporran
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianchiboy wrote:
flyingsporran wrote:

I think you should apologise to the Crawley fans for insinuating that we sing the 'dirty northerners' song at our games.
If you had done any decent research into the club you would know that we rarely sing anything at all Wink.
We do like a good moan about stale burger buns and out of order hand dryers however, just so you know for your next article.

I apologise of course. Just lightening it up a little
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beware of those who would "shoot the messenger."
The negative feelings around often, unfairly, can be associated with the one supplying the information that produces those feelings.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingsporran wrote:
Bianchiboy wrote:
flyingsporran wrote:

I apologise of course. Just lightening it up a little

I wouldn't apologise. I've sung 'You dirty Nothern person of dubious parentage to many a team in from oop north... Including Barnet! Very Happy

My wife likes to point out that, although a Chesterfield lass, she was actually born in Gillingham and therefore, I'm the northerner in our house (London).

Jim Baker
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 300

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
I was the person started this thread and the reason for it has gone awry.

I was led to believe (at a public meeting) that Susan and Ian Carter had sold their shares (no sum mentioned or asked for) and had left the club. I didn't post about this news straight away. I thought I'd let the club make an announcement... I mean it was hardly a surprise that they had left as they had been trying to leave for a couple of years.

When no announcement was forthcoming I just wondered what was going on and why there hadn't been an announcement, especially as the Carter's names had gone from the list of shareholders.

I am not close to the board or any of the people with influence at the club and so my main idea was to start a thread saying thanks to Ian and Susan for the tremendous work and money they have put in over the years to enable Crawley to survive and prosper. Also to welcome the "new" major shareholder. I now feel like I have followed the instructions on a firework...Light blue touchpaper and retire.

Jim Baker

Well done Jim - you've joined an exclusive club.

It's common knowledge (and verified in conversation by Steve Duly) that my comments got rid of Billy Smith. Butler did for Alan Williams and you've now kicked the Carters out.

Certificate is in the post.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat chance of any one taking notice of me James and I have no wish to make people of the calibre of Susan and Ian leave but I don't get it.

Ian And Susan had said they wanted to sell up and retire. No 'serious' offers for their shares but Susan having health issues that require major surgery (an honest and heartfelt 'all the best' from me) so why all the secrecy?

A simple 'Susan and Ian are leaving'. All the best to the club, Matt Turner now has our shares (for a nominal sum) and the rest of the hoo hah that follows in this thread doesn't happen. All of us spend ten pages saying thank you with one or two dissenting trolls and everyone is sad to see heroes of Crawley Town depart but face up and look forward.

It's almost as though a gentleman of far eastern connections wanted a storm about it.Shocked

Jim Baker
Ashdown Red
First Team
First Team

Topics: 31

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having just read Drummonds latest write up, The *beep* has just hit the fan. I will not post a link but he names Crawley Town
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.andrew-drummond.com.....tball.html

Oh dear.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 12 of 33

Jump to: