CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Community Club????

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allo allo
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 23

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Community Club???? Reply with quote

My adult son with a friend and his father, were invited to a wedding reception in Reds at the weekend. They were drinking in their car as they arrived and were confronted by a "female" of some small power who demanded they discard their drinks instantly. This friendly approach was greeted with the sarcasm it deserved. And there was a bit of a scene before the wedding guests were allowed into our friendly local clubs Reds bar.

Is this really how the club wants to treat commercial visitors? I have attended a 60th birthday in the function room and was considering the same for mine next year. It is now definitely off the agenda, as, if this is how the club employees treat general members of the public who may not have prior knowledge of where and when they may consume a can of beer. I hope this reaches the ears of those who can explain that a polite request rather than a stroppy demand can achieve wonders.
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of the backroom staff need an education on social etiquette !!

JTG
jules59
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for a customer service course,I think.
Horsham CTFC Fan
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to me this just highlights the issue with the internet and fans as well. Maybe the best course would have been to contact the club directly and make the complaint or suggestion. Now its been posted its just negative advertising for the club you support in a time when they do not need it. Its almost as if the fans are queuing up to look for anything to target their own club with.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the club don't want all this negativity, they should treat their fans and customers a lot better than they currently do.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested to know if the people mentioned really were "club employees".
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
I'd be interested to know if the people mentioned really were "club employees".

I reckon I know who he means Laughing Laughing

GERROUTA MY PUB!
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Community Club???? Reply with quote

allo allo wrote:
My adult son with a friend and his father, were invited to a wedding reception in Reds at the weekend. They were drinking in their car as they arrived ...

I suppose the fact that the ban on 'Street drinking' in Crawley (and this would certainly include CBC premises) is irrelevant?

And drinking and driving?

Come on, get real.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Community Club???? Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
allo allo wrote:
My adult son with a friend and his father, were invited to a wedding reception in Reds at the weekend. They were drinking in their car as they arrived ...

I suppose the fact that the ban on 'Street drinking' in Crawley (and this would certainly include CBC premises) is irrelevant?

And drinking and driving?

Come on, get real.

Passengers are allowed to drink Phil and I believe Street drinking bans apply to certain zones. As we drink 'in the street' outside Reds, it certainly isn't banned there...

The issue seems to be that was purchased elsewhere and a lack of tact in pointing that out!
GillsMan
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 23

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on, two people tried to walk into a pub with drinks clearly bought elsewhere and are surprised when they aren't allowed in with said drinks? Have I understood that correctly?
josefk
First Team
First Team

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GillsMan wrote:
Hang on, two people tried to walk into a pub with drinks clearly bought elsewhere and are surprised when they aren't allowed in with said drinks? Have I understood that correctly?

How does drinking in their car constitute walking in anywhere?

Seems a very strange situation though.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GillsMan wrote:

"They were drinking in their car as they arrived and were confronted by a "female" of some small power who demanded they discard their drinks instantly."

Theer are different ways of dealing with such issues and we seem to like the unfriendly confrontational way.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Theer are different ways of dealing with such issues and we seem to like the unfriendly confrontational way.

This forum is always full of debate about attendances and getting more people to buy into CTFC...

..yet the simple truth is that if the non-football operation was successfully operated, the club could actually be financially self-sufficient even if matchday revenues were inadequate....

...think about it - it is the area where the business has always most spectacularly failed to capitalise on the business opportunity...

..and it only takes a simple lack of courtesy to ensure that this long-established trend continues..!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: