CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |


Crawley Favourites
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach


Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Last Visit: 22 May 2017
Posts: 1620
Topics: 50

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Crawley Favourites Reply with quote

The official site has asked fans to nominate their favourite players in their time watching the club. I'll kick this off with:

Tubbs
Bulman
Cant
Vessey
Gallagher
Torres
Webber
Payne

Brian Gregory was before my time but I was surprised not to see Danny Carroll, Charlie Mac and Fadz not on the list. Viv Jeffrey was a little surprising - I preferred Paul Adam from that era! Pablo Mills could also have been on the list IMHO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 25 May 2015
Posts: 1834
Topics: 111

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Crawley Favourites Reply with quote

bridgesboy79 wrote:
The official site has asked fans to nominate their favourite players in their time watching the club. I'll kick this off with:

Tubbs
Bulman
Cant
Vessey
Gallagher
Torres
Webber
Payne

Brian Gregory was before my time but I was surprised not to see Danny Carroll, Charlie Mac and Fadz not on the list. Viv Jeffrey was a little surprising - I preferred Paul Adam from that era! Pablo Mills could also have been on the list IMHO.


Jeffrey was a great midfielder for us

Whittington
Towner
Dack
Hulme
Simpemba (pub banter with James in the moon)
Payne (Muff penalty save)
Bert Davis ( dancing to his song)

Jack Dineen top fella
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach


Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Last Visit: 22 May 2017
Posts: 1620
Topics: 50

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Crawley Favourites Reply with quote

Astral Voyager wrote:
bridgesboy79 wrote:
The official site has asked fans to nominate their favourite players in their time watching the club. I'll kick this off with:

Tubbs
Bulman
Cant
Vessey
Gallagher
Torres
Webber
Payne

Brian Gregory was before my time but I was surprised not to see Danny Carroll, Charlie Mac and Fadz not on the list. Viv Jeffrey was a little surprising - I preferred Paul Adam from that era! Pablo Mills could also have been on the list IMHO.


Jeffrey was a great midfielder for us

Whittington
Towner
Dack
Hulme
Simpemba (pub banter with James in the moon)
Payne (Muff penalty save)
Bert Davis ( dancing to his song)

Jack Dineen top fella


Would also add Steve Payne to that list as well as Alan Lester. Paul Fishenden was also excellent for us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sussex Boy
Subs bench
Subs bench


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Last Visit: 27 May 2017
Posts: 692
Topics: 25

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raphael Meade
Cliff Cant
Joff Vansittart
Mo Harkin
Sergio Torres
Sacha Opinel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 25 May 2015
Posts: 1834
Topics: 111

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sussex Boy wrote:
Raphael Meade
Cliff Cant
Joff Vansittart
Mo Harkin
Sergio Torres
Sacha Opinel


Sacha sent off at Woking think thats amount of injury time we have ever had

That might be last game i went to BICHY woo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sussex Boy
Subs bench
Subs bench


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Last Visit: 27 May 2017
Posts: 692
Topics: 25

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astral Voyager wrote:
Sussex Boy wrote:
Raphael Meade
Cliff Cant
Joff Vansittart
Mo Harkin
Sergio Torres
Sacha Opinel


Sacha sent off at Woking think thats amount of injury time we have ever had

That might be last game i went to BICHY woo


Didnt we loose 2-0 that day and Vines sent to the stands for swearing??

I remember ending up in the Rat&Parrot pub in the High Street, then all of sudden thinking

'how the *beep* have I ended up here after an away day?' drink drink drunken_smilie
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 25 May 2015
Posts: 1834
Topics: 111

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sussex Boy wrote:
Astral Voyager wrote:
Sussex Boy wrote:
Raphael Meade
Cliff Cant
Joff Vansittart
Mo Harkin
Sergio Torres
Sacha Opinel


Sacha sent off at Woking think thats amount of injury time we have ever had

That might be last game i went to BICHY woo


Didnt we loose 2-0 that day and Vines sent to the stands for swearing??

I remember ending up in the Rat&Parrot pub in the High Street, then all of sudden thinking

'how the *beep* have I ended up here after an away day?' drink drink drunken_smilie


Someone was faster than lightening that day dunce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 24 May 2018
Posts: 2868
Topics: 59
Location: Worth actually

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vines was arrested that day (at Woking) and received a criminal record due to his outburst (ok, only a caution but still a record).

Was it Hanson (?), our centre half, who also got sent of because he assaulted Luke Oliver's hands with his neck? The same Luke Oliver who a few years later played a leading role in the battle of Bradford.

Ah, mammaries!

Jim Baker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daz
Squad member
Squad member


Joined: 11 Aug 2008
Last Visit: 07 Jun 2017
Posts: 221
Topics: 28
Location: horley

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Myers and Terry Robbins not on the list ?
Both would be in my top 5..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wodin
First Team
First Team


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 27 May 2017
Posts: 1347
Topics: 53
Location: the computer wing of the mansion

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought it was Sasha Opinel at Woking


Favourites:

Viv Jeffrey
Justin Gregory
Dannie Bulman
Ben Abbey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JB
First Team
First Team


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 22 Aug 2019
Posts: 1314
Topics: 3

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacha Opinel and Sean Hankin were both sent off at Woking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Peter
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 11 Jun 2017
Posts: 13258
Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Crawley Favourites Reply with quote

Astral Voyager wrote:
bridgesboy79 wrote:
The official site has asked fans to nominate their favourite players in their time watching the club.

Jeffrey was a great midfielder for us

Whittington
Towner
Dack
Hulme
Simpemba (pub banter with James in the moon)
Payne (Muff penalty save)
Bert Davis ( dancing to his song)

Jack Dineen top fella

The selection says it all. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Alan (Cheltenham Branch)
First Team
First Team


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 23 May 2017
Posts: 825
Topics: 3

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
Was it Hanson (?), our centre half, who also got sent of because he assaulted Luke Oliver's hands with his neck? The same Luke Oliver who a few years later played a leading role in the battle of Bradford.

Ah, mammaries!

Jim Baker


It was Sean Hankin. Let's not forget it was our favourite ref Gavin Ward officiating that day. He evidently saw no problem in that nice Mr Oliver putting someone in a headlock and repeatedly punching them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 25 May 2015
Posts: 1834
Topics: 111

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a damn cold day and the bar was definitely a better option than watching us get beaten by that *beep* referee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 5728
Topics: 63
Location: DFS

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Crawley Favourites Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Astral Voyager wrote:
bridgesboy79 wrote:
The official site has asked fans to nominate their favourite players in their time watching the club.

Jeffrey was a great midfielder for us

Whittington
Towner
Dack
Hulme
Simpemba (pub banter with James in the moon)
Payne (Muff penalty save)
Bert Davis ( dancing to his song)

Jack Dineen top fella

The selection says it all. Laughing

Indeed it does.AV followed this club long before it became fashionable when the money arrived.
A point well made Peter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum






This forum is run independently from and has no connection with the Crawley Town Football Club official site
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.


  Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit