CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |


Football fans to be breathalysed!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 25 May 2015
Posts: 1834
Topics: 111

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marky wrote:
Astral Voyager wrote:
GillsMan wrote:
Astral Voyager wrote:

Didnt a Gillingham fan kill a Fulham fan?

Yeah, that happened. Horrible. The context is the Fulham fan in question (a known hooligan) approached a Gills fan after the game, and I don't think he wanted to congratulate them on the win (2-0 iirc - I was at that game). Cullen punched the hooligan and his ring caused a fatal injury. Completely horrible and I can see why you brought it up. Also, I've heard a few racist comments at Gillingham matches, and I think a fan got done a few years ago for racially abusing a player. Completely embarrassing.

The thing is, I never said I never see any trouble with other clubs. But there's something about Millwall that a section of fans just love to pretend that this is Football Factory and they are proper hard men and seriously, you're delusional if you think otherwise. I was on a train coming into London Bridge and a bunch of Millwall fans (I'd say 30-50 years old) started a fight. Some kid got completed battered by them. The oldest shouted "STAND UP FOR YOUR MATES" as he was just desperate for other people to join in so he could carry on fighting. This sort of rubbish does happen with other clubs, but IME it happens a hell of a lot with that South London hell hole.


Every time i've been to Gillingham

4-5 times some very badly dressed locals have tried kicking off with the early stragglers..
i used to have a friend in Gillingham so when Millwall played there i'd stay there and the locals are not friendly
Can you explain why your fans sing no one likes us? As i'd hazard a guess that no one really knows them.


"No-one knows us
no-one cares
We are Crawley
Super Crawley"


Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Simon
Manager
Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 12671
Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notso wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
I agree its wont affect your regualr fan tehres no way they could roll this out beyond the odd few it would be chaotic at the turnstules


RR&R obviously too drunk to be allowed into the stadium Laughing


Maybe that explains why he thought Ben Smith was still at Crawley?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GillsMan
Subs bench
Subs bench


Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Last Visit: 05 Aug 2017
Posts: 508
Topics: 23
Location: Dorking

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astral Voyager wrote:

Every time i've been to Gillingham

4-5 times some very badly dressed locals have tried kicking off with the early stragglers..
i used to have a friend in Gillingham so when Millwall played there i'd stay there and the locals are not friendly
Can you explain why your fans sing no one likes us? As i'd hazard a guess that no one really knows them.

Gillingham is an absolute dive, only marginally better than Luton in fairness. Lots of chavs, but I'd rather be around chavs than wannabe football factory men spoiling for a fight.

Re: the song, like 95% of club fans, we've nicked a song from another club. Yours. I agree, it's proper cringeworthy and I don't think many other fans care about Gills - in fact, I think Gillingham were one of about four or five PL/FL clubs not to be mentioned as a rival by any other team. So agree, it's a cringe song to choose to nick.

Anyway, I never tried to pretend that Millwall were the only club with problems, or that my first team don't have an element of support which are lamentable. But IME Millwall are easily the worst set of supporters I've encountered, and I've tried to not listen to their reputation. Am just going on experiences. It's natural that you want to stick up for them. Even if elements of your support do still love a fight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 25 May 2015
Posts: 1834
Topics: 111

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GillsMan wrote:
Astral Voyager wrote:

Every time i've been to Gillingham

4-5 times some very badly dressed locals have tried kicking off with the early stragglers..
i used to have a friend in Gillingham so when Millwall played there i'd stay there and the locals are not friendly
Can you explain why your fans sing no one likes us? As i'd hazard a guess that no one really knows them.

Gillingham is an absolute dive, only marginally better than Luton in fairness. Lots of chavs, but I'd rather be around chavs than wannabe football factory men spoiling for a fight.

Re: the song, like 95% of club fans, we've nicked a song from another club. Yours. I agree, it's proper cringeworthy and I don't think many other fans care about Gills - in fact, I think Gillingham were one of about four or five PL/FL clubs not to be mentioned as a rival by any other team. So agree, it's a cringe song to choose to nick.

Anyway, I never tried to pretend that Millwall were the only club with problems, or that my first team don't have an element of support which are lamentable. But IME Millwall are easily the worst set of supporters I've encountered, and I've tried to not listen to their reputation. Am just going on experiences. It's natural that you want to stick up for them. Even if elements of your support do still love a fight.


The FF was only made in 2002 ish and FV has been prevalent for a lot longer than that
the regulars i have seen at Millwall are not interested in fighting wannabes or fans in colours it doesnt do much for their reputation seeing as most are well known faces
Unfortunately when FF was made the Stone Island wannabes appeared everywhere and Millwall with its reputation were always going to get the most

i remember Stone Island being worn early to mid 90s and a lot of the older Millwall lot actually have in fights with rival factions of Millwall fans for attacking scarfers and not being there when it really counts..The youngsters now admiteddly are not up to the mark of their elders so attack all and sundry
nowadays the older fellas that know the score just want a drink a laugh maybe go watch a punk/oi band after...FV is dead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 25 May 2015
Posts: 1834
Topics: 111

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

backofthenet wrote:
notso wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
I agree its wont affect your regualr fan tehres no way they could roll this out beyond the odd few it would be chaotic at the turnstules


RR&R obviously too drunk to be allowed into the stadium Laughing


Is he ever in the stadium?


All four go
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 5728
Topics: 63
Location: DFS

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did the experiment go at Cambridge??
How many failed and so got refused admission?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 30 Jan 2011
Last Visit: 05 Aug 2017
Posts: 4033
Topics: 228

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
How did the experiment go at Cambridge??
How many failed and so got refused admission?


Don't know! we were all too drunk to notice

Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Peter
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 11 Jun 2017
Posts: 13258
Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
How did the experiment go at Cambridge??
How many failed and so got refused admission?

http://www.cambridge-news.co.u.....story.html
Quote:
This year, only two arrests were made at the family-orientated club, Mr Darler added. Before the game on Saturday he said he would have been amazed if it was used more than 10 times. In fact, in a crowd of 7,109 only seven people were asked "and none of them were refused entry", he said.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 25 May 2015
Posts: 1834
Topics: 111

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:
How did the experiment go at Cambridge??
How many failed and so got refused admission?

http://www.cambridge-news.co.u.....story.html
Quote:
This year, only two arrests were made at the family-orientated club, Mr Darler added. Before the game on Saturday he said he would have been amazed if it was used more than 10 times. In fact, in a crowd of 7,109 only seven people were asked "and none of them were refused entry", he said.


Certainly brought a raucous bunch to us in 2006
Nice scones and cream tea enjoyed by all in the old Half Moon!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
David R
First Team
First Team


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Last Visit: 02 Jun 2017
Posts: 805
Topics: 33
Location: Jeju Island, South Korea

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see they are breathalising people in MacDonalds now as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Peter
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 11 Jun 2017
Posts: 13258
Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David R wrote:
I see they are breathalising people in MacDonalds now as well.

Just one restaurant, ...in Cambridge.

Maybe it's something about Cambridge folk?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
josefk
First Team
First Team


Joined: 18 Oct 2010
Last Visit: 09 Sep 2017
Posts: 1090
Topics: 15
Location: West Stand A90

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David R wrote:
I see they are breathalising people in MacDonalds now as well.


Now that I can understand as you must be smashed out of your skull to want to eat that junk.

If you're not drunk they'll give you some special brew so it tastes okay.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum






This forum is run independently from and has no connection with the Crawley Town Football Club official site
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.


  Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit