CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Walsall matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marky
Coach
Coach

Topics: 57

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulton111 wrote:
Phil B wrote:
5-0

Notts Cty 1 -1 Barnsley

Refund the travelling fans this is a total disgrace

I don't think Barnsley fans will be that disappointed to be fair Wink
Hickmott Senior
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
Maidenbower Millionaire wrote:
Sulton111 wrote:
Phil B wrote:
5-0

Notts Cty 1 -1 Barnsley

To go down 5-0 to a team so close to us in the league is disgraceful

Where is the pride ?

I blame Groves. He is the one coaching this shower after all.

I blame the Crawley public for not getting behind the Club when we were riding the crest of a wave, and when it was easy to maintain.

I want to blame the owners for not patching up a sinking ship at their own great expense, but, really, would you pour your money down the toilet?

Crawley is fast becoming a town based on crap jobs and populated by people who couldn't give a toss about their own environs let alone a team that is meant to represent a town they couldn't give a monkey's about.

WE don't deserve a League club, nor shall we have one in 13 months time
stevee
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 12

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Richard Wood's recall pivotal?
Marky
Coach
Coach

Topics: 57

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Performance needs to improve dramatically, but there are still some positives.

Everyone around us drew or lost.
Only in the relegation zone on goal difference (which we have to basically call a point unless we're on the same points as Crewe but still)
Two of our last three games are at home.
All three games are winnable (if the performances go back to our best)
Last time we lost 5-0 on a Tuesday night we came back to win 5-1 on the Saturday Wink

I realise it's a bit delusional but the fans of this club need to be positive and give their all in terms of supporting the team. Need to make a lot of noise in our home games and even though the last two performances don't deserve it, give the team the support to give us the best chance of staying up.
Paul
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevee wrote:

We aren't down yet, but I think Wood / Ward is having a telling affect. Can't help but think Evans is behind this somewhere. Can't stand the bloke, he's as much to blame for this mess, with the reckless way he spent the money that was afforded to him.

Even if we do go down, there's no reason we can't bounce back, look at Wycombe and Stevenage this year. At least we'llbe more on par crowd wise with teams.
Hickmott Senior
Subs bench
Subs bench

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul wrote:
stevee wrote:

We aren't down yet, but I think Wood / Ward is having a telling affect. Can't help but think Evans is behind this somewhere. Can't stand the bloke, he's as much to blame for this mess, with the reckless way he spent the money that was afforded to him.

Even if we do go down, there's no reason we can't bounce back, look at Wycombe and Stevenage this year. At least we'llbe more on par crowd wise with teams.

How utterly crass; why would Evans want to scupper CTFC after loaning us a quality player, only to recall him and put him straight into the starting XI in his team in the league above? If there is something strange afoot at the Circle K I don't think Steve Evans can be held directly accountable

Steve Evans has a questionable period in his football management CV but in his tine here I loved his passion, aggression, determination, gamesmanship, SUCCESS and not inconsiderable charm.

I like DS and what he has done this year! but I would have Evans back in a heartbeat. Love him or loathe him, football needs more characters like him
stevee
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 12

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul wrote:
stevee wrote:

I take the opposite view. SE helped us with an instrumental player who helped to pick us up when we needed it. I don't blame SE for calling him back when he is needed to bolster Rotherham.

Steve did us a favour but it is a shame that we weren't able to keep Richard for the rest of the season. "Beep" happens.
far2jammy
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hickmott Senior wrote:
Farewell League One.

It is a shame to say that it was never really that enjoyable. Nor was League Two.

Bring on the Conference in 2017.

Wow really alll the teams we have played and beaten that I never thought we would ever play outside preseason. The reality is in the conference promo year we had a massive budget and the cash run out in league 2 and the support never came. Still have a chance win two of the last three big ask. We lost this season not tonight but in December and January.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex BH wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
Maidenbower Millionaire wrote:
Sulton111 wrote:
Phil B wrote:
5-0

Notts Cty 1 -1 Barnsley

To go down 5-0 to a team so close to us in the league is disgraceful

Where is the pride ?

I blame Groves. He is the one coaching this shower after all.
If Groves is due credit when we win, then he must take his share of the blame when we lose right?
how many will voice displeasure at that ****groves Saturday? Id find it hard to have go at Ds after groves and jg made his job impossible.
Hickmott Senior
Subs bench
Subs bench

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

far2jammy wrote:
Hickmott Senior wrote:
Farewell League One.

It is a shame to say that it was never really that enjoyable. Nor was League Two.

Bring on the Conference in 2017.

Wow really alll the teams we have played and beaten that I never thought we would ever play outside preseason. The reality is in the conference promo year we had a massive budget and the cash run out in league 2 and the support never came. Still have a chance win two of the last three big ask. We lost this season not tonight but in December and January.

You are right; there are teams we play regularly that would gave sold out Broadfield a Stadium a few years back. Now we can't give tickets away for free.
You are also right that the Crawley public have not come along for the ride despite umpteen of the clowns painting their faces and turning up for the "glory games"
Our tenure on a L1 place is slipping away, and our grip on a L2 spot will swiftly follow suit
A return to our non-league spiritual home beckons and so does the fun that goes with it. If you remember it you will know what I mean. If you don't, you will learn to. Or you'll paint your face in different colours elsewhere
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it isn't over yet but I would say 2 wins out of 3 are now needed. I'd be surprised if we won at Peterborough so that means winning both homes.

Put another way if we don't win Saturday against Notts County I don't see it going to the final Saturday.

Personally I will keep hoping but it will be tough. We really are down to the bare bones at the back, Dickson clearly half fit, Youga barely played in the last year, Oyebanjo just back from injury. Injuries and the recall of Wood have hurt us. However I read somewhere that Darren Ward might be back and let's face it Notts Co are on a shocking run.
goggsy
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the remaining fixtures i still think we will end up above Notts County, Leyton Orient, Colchester and Yeovil. Saturday's match will be crucial.
oldcodger
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was ill yesterday at work and felt really rough, however as local for me dragged myself to the game. The first time in all my years of watching football I left early 7 minutes to go, that was a poor performance, we were outplayed in all areas, out fought and out thought, we were never it in and if it wasn't for the Beast it could have been 10.

With all the loan players and short tern contract, perhaps we are asking too much for passion, but what I do expect is some effort and that seemed to be lacking, I posted last week we never looked like scoring same applied last night.

Saying that we still have a chance to stay up, slim but a chance...
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was made even worse, because the other half told me that we had WON 5 - 0, and i lived under this delusion until i got home at 10pm, thought i would i would see how many places we had gone up the table...D'oh.
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul wrote:

What utter nosense.

Evans turned us from a team on the verge of relegation to a strong top half side without virtually any money.

When the money arrived his got us two promotions (ok, 1.9 promotions) and invested wisely. He made the club loads with his shrewd transfer business - Tubbs, Thomas, Wright, Barnett etc.

Without Evans we wouldn't even be in League One in the first place.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: