CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Doncaster Rovers matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MordenWomble wrote:
No project promotion this year then?

The board are working on Project Relegation this season, and are looking like they will succeed.
Bianchiboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wodin wrote:
First time ever.....I walked out after 70 minutes, no pride, no guts no passion, no coaching, no options, no idea Sad

Exactly the same for me and my three pals, left after the fourth goal went in.
As others have said tonight was a new low, not just for this season but for as many seasons as I can remember (and there has been a few).
It is excruciatingly painful to watch, we are not even going out with a whimper.
We have become a sham of a club, both on and off the field. Dunford and co should hang their heads in shame.
I was going to bring my six year old daughter to her first game on Saturday, but I am not sure I want to put her through it (or me for that matter), and that is probably the saddest indictment of this season for me.
I knew, like many, that the slide would come eventually, but did (does) it have to be like this?
Everybody in charge of this club needs to remove their heads from the dillusional sand, stop talking about new grounds, promotion to the championship in 18 months (did he really say that?!), top 8 budgets etc and start preparing for league 2 football and making sure we stay there, because the team we have at the moment would struggle to cut it at conference level, and that is where we will be heading if somebody does not have a reality check, and quickly!
Alun
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cheered when Smith went off. The highlight of the entire debacle. My only hope is that he kept walking, got straight in his car and doesn't cone back ever again.

That was awful. Miles off the pace from the first minute. Relegation would be a relief frankly. Another season like this doesn't bear thinking about.

The blame sits solely and squarely on the shoulders of Gregory and Dunford. The club has lost it's heart and soul and is driving even the long standing fans away.

This club isn't the one I've been following for over 30 years. It's turned into a dislikable shadow of it's former self. This has nothing to do with results and everything to do with attitude, conduct, lies and incompetence.

I've gone from losing sleep over the club to barely giving a *beep*. Why or how can I be expected to care when the idiots running and playing for the club clearly don't.

We've shared some good times, endured tough times, but always stuck at it. Unfortunately, sometimes you need to walk away, and that time has come.

If things change at the top I may give it another go. But in it's current guise, with the existing people running the show, I need to call it a day.

I can no longer support what's going on at what I used to consider was 'my' club by walking through the turnstiles and in so doing giving my approval to what's going on.
Hickmott Senior
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ja disgrace to the town of Crawley to call that a football team, im disgusted and thats me for the rest of the season[/quote]

Me too, I fear, unless I need to get out of the house as the kids are doing my head in. That said, one of them has a season ticket as well.

I feel that by being present it is almost vindicating what is going on before us; the destruction and shaming of CTFC and the role it plays in representing our town. I am appalled and aghast at what I see

Not in my name
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear.

I'm thanking my lucky stars that I'm 6,000 miles away. What a total humiliation.

Now we can see why Saunders looks a complete *beep* talking about the Championship.

If we did have a bid for "put it out" Joe we should have taken it.

Goodbye and goodnight.
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said to my mates jokingly before the match that it will be 5-0. I wasn't wrong but unfortunately, wrong team!

First time ever I've left before the final whistle, on 89 minutes. And I still missed a goal, thankfully.

*beep* poor.
jacko spinking
First Team
First Team

Topics: 73

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notso wrote:
I said to my mates jokingly before the match that it will be 5-0. I wasn't wrong but unfortunately, wrong team!

First time ever I've left before the final whistle, on 89 minutes. And I still missed a goal, thankfully.

*beep* poor.

well done mate 24 minutes longer than me!!
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say that I'm struggling the think of a worse performance I have witnessed. The midfield could not keep possession and was so lightweight it was ridiculous.

We looks divisions apart in terms of quality and as soon as the first one went in the body language was that of a defeated team. Ignore the maths, we're down.

Only McLeod came out with any credit at all and surely now that it the end of Jimmy Smith's Crawley career, he cannot get picked again after that showing.

Walsh will be lucky if it's just a three match ban, total madness. It was lucky his actions didn't create a Bradford-style situation.

Implosion is the only word that describes tonight.
Hickmott Senior
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should mark the end of Jimmy Smith's football career, let alone his Crawley one. Full stop

Absolute fraud of a player. I frankly despise him
RedSussex
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 8

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacko spinking wrote:
saunders is as bad as the other 2 twats barker and gregory, he took donny down and wolves, couldnt get wrexham up in the conference, stop dreaming, hes shocking, hes dunsfords love child, He does all the coaching, his words not mine!! he picks the team! he has to go, lets get someone in to plan for L2 next year, i went after the 3rd goal, it was PATHETIC, a disgrace to the town of Crawley to call that a football team, im disgusted and thats me for the rest of the season

I think that's a bit unkind to Barker, at least he mustered the odd 0-0 draw Shocked
Bertieboy
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why you don't start using the U21's or U18's, got to be better than the first team......oh wait....
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walsh never play for this club again nevermind captain the side i told you ages ago was not good enough. Disgraceful performance an embarrassment as a professional footballer
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Dean -

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/n.....60302.aspx

The worst performance I've witnessed - home or away.

Total lack of effort. Shame on ALL the players. (Well, maybe not Price)

I try to always see a positive; not possible tonight. Crying or Very sad
Martin H
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think tonight can be summed up in five words.

Gutless
Spineless
Clueless
Useless
Hopeless

The worst performance since I can remember, and I've been going since the late-60's.

Even when we were bottom of the Southern League Southern Division there was more caring, more passion and more fun !

Hardly any of those players would have got in our Conference team, and unless something drastic happens in the next 18 months, we are going back to where we came from. !
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with everything said...they key to me is that there is not one iota of entertainment in the performance...and with a season ticket do I want to spend another 2 hours of my life feeling frustrated, embarrassed and down. I can do that on my own.

What's the answer? Probably think about next season now, actually plan and get people in who want to play for the club and give 100%...ideally start up a reserve and a youth side to try and identify local talent....it would be money better spent than wages of some players who clearly lack the passion, commitment, skill and desire to play for our club.

Answers on a fag packet to the board please.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: