CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

MK Dons matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GillsMan wrote:
Quote:
"I've had a player have a scalding cup of tea thrown over his head and neck, and the person was not evicted.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30762604

So, Karl Robinson reckons the tea was scalding. Nonsense. I'm believing our fans on this, mostly because if it was scalding, the player would have been in a lot of pain. But yeah, hoping we don't get into trouble for this.

I'd have thought their side giving it large to the West stand at the end would be more worthy of a League investigation. With your own fans - fine. But not in front of the oppositions.
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ant wrote:

Biggest disappointment for me today was Gwion

Not at all surprised Gwion Edwards has struggled.He was given just two weeks to recover from a Hernia operation,which is absolutely ridiculous.I think he has quite frankly been let down here by whoever rushed him back way before he was ready.He and Ryan Dickson should have had 6 weeks out minimum to make sure they were ready to resume proper training let alone a competive match.Madness.
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
ant wrote:

I think he has quite frankly been let down here by whoever rushed him back way before he was ready.

You can thank JG for that.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
ant wrote:

Not at all surprised Gwion Edwards has struggled.He was given just two weeks to recover from a Hernia operation,which is absolutely ridiculous.I think he has quite frankly been let down here by whoever rushed him back way before he was ready.He and Ryan Dickson should have had 6 weeks out minimum to make sure they were ready to resume proper training let alone a competive match.Madness.

I understand the sentiment Lee, but these are professional athletes we are talking about here.Not fat old *beep* like you and i!!
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
lee 66 wrote:
ant wrote:

I understand the sentiment Lee, but these are professional athletes we are talking about here.Not fat old *beep* like you and i!!

You have a point Matt,even so,they were rushed back too soon.I even asked my surgeon about them when I had my post op appointment with him.He wasn't at all convinced by the recovery time they were given.
My nephew had a double Hernia by keyhole when he was playing for Three Bridges and he didn't kick a ball for 3 months.
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guildford roader wrote:
Surely DS already knows Smith is a clear weakness as is our bench!!.

You may have spotted from previous posts that I am not a Smith fan, but when he started the game wide I thought he played much better. When he was moved to the centre he reverted to his usual poor game.

So let's recap - the two best games Smith has had was when he was right back and wide midfield.

Perhaps if we are to continue to play him, then wide midfield may be the answer to getting something out of him?
mkdons4eva
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to jump in here after reading this thread. Excuse the embarrassing username (signed up to this forum years back)

From what I hear, our players were victims of constant abuse from your fans throughout the game, and scoring a 96th minute goal alone is exhilarating enough, let alone in front of people that have been giving you abuse for 96 minutes. You tell me that you wouldn't do the same? I'd find it almost impossible to hide my emotions.

We've had players do it against us and over celebrate, but that's the nature of the game. If you can give the abuse out, then learn to accept it as well.

As for the tea incident, I'm sorry but you are a total moron. There is no way you can condone that behaviour and id be quaking in my boots if I was you about the likelihood of seeing your team play again for the next few years. What an absolutely moronic thing to do to ANYBODY, regardless of the situation. Cowardly. I would be extremely embarrassed if I saw of of my own teams fan do this to a player, regardless of how hot the tea was (this is irreverent).

'like the tea wasn't even hot - I'd drunk most of it. ' - What a ridiculous comment. I feel that it might be you who needs the carer, not your father-in-law.
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally the main issue I have is the claims that RB was spat upon. I sit in the west stand and saw no evidence whatsoever in this claim. Yes, Mr Barker was subject to banter throughout the game....not dreadful stuff, but mainly relating to his time here as manager...'many calls of 'shake it up barker' and normal p.taking.....his reaction at scoring the 96th min equaliser was expected....but beyond what you would expect.....it went on and on and was too in the face...it could have incited some real issues....after this display the comments he received were VERY rude, but to a certain extent expected. I saw no spitting......but after the game did express my concern to a steward regarding his OTT INcitement....I think the spitting complaint is more an issue of him trying to get a comment in before his real behaviour hits the fan...it was to a level that police could have been involved with regard to a POA Offence.

Good game though...MKS shooting boots Defo not on....and would have taken a draw before the match
jacko spinking
First Team
First Team

Topics: 73

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkdons4eva wrote:
Just wanted to jump in here after reading this thread. Excuse the embarrassing username (signed up to this forum years back)

From what I hear, our players were victims of constant abuse from your fans throughout the game, and scoring a 96th minute goal alone is exhilarating enough, let alone in front of people that have been giving you abuse for 96 minutes. You tell me that you wouldn't do the same? I'd find it almost impossible to hide my emotions.

We've had players do it against us and over celebrate, but that's the nature of the game. If you can give the abuse out, then learn to accept it as well.

As for the tea incident, I'm sorry but you are a total moron. There is no way you can condone that behaviour and id be quaking in my boots if I was you about the likelihood of seeing your team play again for the next few years. What an absolutely moronic thing to do to ANYBODY, regardless of the situation. Cowardly. I would be extremely embarrassed if I saw of of my own teams fan do this to a player, regardless of how hot the tea was (this is irreverent).

'like the tea wasn't even hot - I'd drunk most of it. ' - What a ridiculous comment. I feel that it might be you who needs the carer, not your father-in-law.

listen pal, do yourself a favour and *beep* off back to merton, or selhurst or charlton, or northamptonshire!! you Pr1ck
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkdons4eva wrote:

Hi MK,

Firstly youíve successfully trolled me and Iíve bitten so congratulations on that front. However, from what you Ďhearí suggests you werenít at the game and didnít witness anything first hand so your views lose a little bit of credibility to say the least. Iím not sure how any of your fans could have heard any comments being said from their part of the ground so either you or they are making it up or youíre going by Karl Robinsonís comments and I would suggest that heís a tad biased.

Firstly, I agree, the tea incident on the Crawley fanís point-of-view was inexcusable regardless of the circumstances or the temperature of the tea. He has apologised though so I hope that will be the end of the matter. Your suggestion that he will be subject to an FBO is obviously ridiculous as that would have to go through the courts.

Bakerís contribution to Teagate was a disgrace. Robinson knew this Ė thatís why he dived in so quickly to save his player and why Baker apologised so quickly. Baker lent over the barrier and was shouting into the disabled area. When MK Dons scored their second goal the whole of the team came back to the disabled area and celebrated the goal, pointing at the home fans. Do you think that this was suitable?

Before this happened Grigg had already called out the home end and wouldnít let it go even when the ball was in play. Do you think that this was suitable?

Your players are professional athletes but yet they behaved far from professionally, they behaved like yobs.

Robinson and Barker let themselves down too. Robinson was exchanging abuse with the home fans but Barker was the worst. He received the sort of reception any former manager that was disliked would expect. Heís a big man, he should be able to deal with it Ė heís paid to. But when you equalised he behaved like a yob that had just won the World Cup.

Robinson has got a cheap dig in via the media against Crawley Town. Heís made an allegation that cannot be verified. So, Karl Robinson, if Barker was spat at then go to the police. Report it so a proper investigation can take place. If not, shut up you unprofessional yob.

And getting back to the football, let us not forget why MK Dons got a point. Crawley were one up and playing well. Caruthers had already taken Coner Henderson out the game with a tackle that went without a booking and then repeated the trick against Brian Jenson. This is why there was a good, hostile home atmosphere Ė due to MK Dons cheating and a weak referee.

You wonít know any of the things above as you werenít at the game.

Kind regards,

BICH
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkdons4eva wrote:

I was tempted to not respond but want to put a few facts into your possession about history

I admit throwing the tea wasn't the cleverest thing I've ever done, and I've aologised for it. And Carl Baker knows I'm sorry.And because he's a decent lad he's moved on

But when you sit in the disabled area you are at risk from players coming oevr the barrier and crashing into you. If you have a disabled person in your care that's a worry. Particularly as a collision like that could result in a death - and I'm not being over dramatic. One more crack of the head to my father in law is likely to bring about another stroke, one which he is unlikely to recover from. It's also nearly happened three times to me. I took exception to Baker's one mainly because he deliberately pushed Lewis Young, it wasn't a coming together, it was a deliberate act and Baker knows it. If the ref had seen it properly he'd have been booked

The tea wasn't scalding hot as Robinson claims. I'd bought it at the start of the half time break so it was about 30 minutes old when I threw it - you put tea in the cold outside and see what the temperature is 30 minutes later and tell me whetehr its scalding or not

I've also made no reference to teh abuse Robinson metered out to me. I deserved a bit of stick although him suggesting some of the things he suggested would likely end in an FA charge. I put it down to Robinson being ratehr *beep* off, not just about me but about the game situation. Thing is when he does it he suggests its in the heat of a battle.

He's also claimed that Baker was just retieving the ball for a throw in. He wasn't, he was involved in a foul against Young.

Did I deserve to be thrown out - quite probably. But I think the club took a rather more pragmatic view that ejecting someone from the disabled area would have likely led to more antagonism that the situation needed. And I may well end up with a ban. But I'm hardly quaking in my boots

But I ask you this - is it ok for a player/manager to do something in the middle of a battle and to be let off. But if a fan reacts when a member of his family is at risk of serious injury he gets lambasted as a moron? Where's your standards. Or is it that your players is the agrreived so therefore I was wrong and your player/manager is squeaky clean and blameless
jules59
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ant wrote:
mkdons4eva wrote:

I was tempted to not respond but want to put a few facts into your possession about history

I admit throwing the tea wasn't the cleverest thing I've ever done, and I've aologised for it. And Carl Baker knows I'm sorry.And because he's a decent lad he's moved on

But when you sit in the disabled area you are at risk from players coming oevr the barrier and crashing into you. If you have a disabled person in your care that's a worry. Particularly as a collision like that could result in a death - and I'm not being over dramatic. One more crack of the head to my father in law is likely to bring about another stroke, one which he is unlikely to recover from. It's also nearly happened three times to me. I took exception to Baker's one mainly because he deliberately pushed Lewis Young, it wasn't a coming together, it was a deliberate act and Baker knows it. If the ref had seen it properly he'd have been booked

The tea wasn't scalding hot as Robinson claims. I'd bought it at the start of the half time break so it was about 30 minutes old when I threw it - you put tea in the cold outside and see what the temperature is 30 minutes later and tell me whetehr its scalding or not

I've also made no reference to teh abuse Robinson metered out to me. I deserved a bit of stick although him suggesting some of the things he suggested would likely end in an FA charge. I put it down to Robinson being ratehr *beep* off, not just about me but about the game situation. Thing is when he does it he suggests its in the heat of a battle.

He's also claimed that Baker was just retieving the ball for a throw in. He wasn't, he was involved in a foul against Young.

Did I deserve to be thrown out - quite probably. But I think the club took a rather more pragmatic view that ejecting someone from the disabled area would have likely led to more antagonism that the situation needed. And I may well end up with a ban. But I'm hardly quaking in my boots

But I ask you this - is it ok for a player/manager to do something in the middle of a battle and to be let off. But if a fan reacts when a member of his family is at risk of serious injury he gets lambasted as a moron? Where's your standards. Or is it that your players is the agrreived so therefore I was wrong and your player/manager is squeaky clean and blameless
Very well said
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All a lot of something and nothing really.

The way Robinson sprinted down the line I thought one of Barker's coaching certificates had blown away.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkdons4eva wrote:

Clearly an ex-Wimbledon defector (should that be defective?).
BTW, it's "irrelevant", not "irreverent".
Don't they have any schools in Kingston?
Romans go home!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbI-fDzUJXI
Sussex Boy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkdons4eva wrote:

YOUR JUST A *beep* *beep* FRANCHISE

Best chant of the season, your not a proper football club!
MK Dons= every thing that is wrong with modern football!

Hope the tea was boiling hot!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: