CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Bristol City matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sawdustbrown wrote:
Ian wrote:
Simon wrote:
I'm sure I am not the only one who feels that way, judging by the away fans at Bristol today.

How many did we take? I forgot there was a game until about 6:00 Embarassed

93- although there seemed a lot more than that

We used to take more than that places down that way in the Southern League Embarassed
allanp
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 43

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
sawdustbrown wrote:
Ian wrote:
Simon wrote:
I'm sure I am not the only one who feels that way, judging by the away fans at Bristol today.

We used to take more than that places down that way in the Southern League Embarassed

Are you sure ?
sawdustbrown
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 9

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame about the negative comments on here tonight. For the second game in a row i have come away feeling that the team worked hard, battled and put in the sort of effort expected. Today was always going to be a tough game and at times had to soak up a lot of pressure. The defence played well (Sonny Bradley in particular for me) and at times got into good positions on the counter, only to be let down by by wayward shooting or hesitancy in front of goal. I thought Miller was impressive. He chased and harried, tracked back when needed and was lively going forward. Lewis Price had a fantastic game in goal, very composed and made some great saves. Will be a shame to lose Keane now, really hope we get him back in January. If we keep putting in this sort of effort and gain a little confidence in front of goal then hopefully the second half of the season we can kick on.
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen a few comments about Bradley. Just to say, IMO, he was superb today. Has been solid most games he has played lately, and works well alongside some experience in Leacock!
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

allanp wrote:

Smith actually put over one good corner in this match which was headed on to the back post and then deep into injury time reverted to his usual trick of kicking the ball shoulder high straight at the first defender. Can't a professional footballer kick a ball above head high except when it is a shot on goal !!!

AND WHY IS THAT USELESS TOMLIN STILL IN THE TEAM. No pace, takes too long on the ball, loses possession very easily and doesn't tackle back when he has lost the ball.

Without McCleod I can't see where Crawley's next goal is going to come from.

Tomlin should be on the bench next game and start with Miller & Harrold.

It did make me laugh when GT was substituted and we sang "Hallelujah" and he turned and applauded us. He can't have heard us! Or was he being ironic.

Agree re Smith, last chance of the game from a corner and he hits it into the midriff of the first defender! GET SOMEONE ELSE TO TAKE THEM.

Overall though I'm more optimistic now than after the Scunthorpe game.
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Really enjoyed today's game. 11 guys who gave 110% and had their backs to the wall for most of the game against a higher ranked team with much bigger resources.

Some of the guys were literally dead on their feet at the end of 96 minutes.

Should have mentioned that I was at Aldershot v Burgess Hill and despite 3 divisions difference the Hillians managed some shots and even a winning goal.

Disappointed to hear Reds didn't have a single shot on target in 90 mins, but not in the slightest bit surprised. Not was I surprised that JG's talk of going for it and playing 2 up front was more of his usual b/s. Next he will be saying our forwards trained like Messi and Ronaldo. What an utter buffoon.

There won't be any more Crawley aways for us until that clown Gregory is gone. Complete waste of money and better things to do sadly.

Hi Simon,

Massive congratulations, you've found a great big bandwagon to jump on, although I'm sure you were going there before things were going quite so well too (?!).

There's a couple of bandwagons you might want to jump on too currently rolling at Brentford and Bournemouth. It's not too late to join the party there too, I'm sure they'll welcome latecomers.

When you've been to a few games you can come back here and tell us how much better it is than the club you apparently support.

I look forward to you Bandwagon Jumper's Guide to the Galaxy.

Kind regards,

BICH
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
Hi Simon,

Massive congratulations, you've found a great big bandwagon to jump on, although I'm sure you were going there before things were going quite so well too (?!).

There's a couple of bandwagons you might want to jump on too currently rolling at Brentford and Bournemouth. It's not too late to join the party there too, I'm sure they'll welcome latecomers.

When you've been to a few games you can come back here and tell us how much better it is than the club you apparently support.

Kind regards,

BICH

Well if it helps you I live about 5 minutes from Leylands Park and have been going to about 10 games a season there since they were in the County League. If in your little world that constitutes a bandwagon then good luck to you.

When at the Rec yesterday I did enquire on your behalf about Aldershot United, drew some blank looks though...
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Hi Simon,

Kind regards,

BICH

Well if it helps you I live about 5 minutes from Leylands Park and have been going to about 10 games a season there since they were in the County League. If in your little world that constitutes a bandwagon then good luck to you.

When at the Rec yesterday I did enquire on your behalf about Aldershot United, drew some blank looks though...

Point's scoring again, Si?

Watch another team, good luck to you. Don't know why though that another team's good performances need to be used to highlight's Crawley's current difficulties.

Chelsea are great! Crawley are rubbish!

Kind regards,

BICH
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Really enjoyed today's game. 11 guys who gave 110% and had their backs to the wall for most of the game against a higher ranked team with much bigger resources.

Should have mentioned that I was at Aldershot v Burgess Hill and despite 3 divisions difference the Hillians managed some shots and even a winning goal.

Disappointed to hear Reds didn't have a single shot on target in 90 mins, but not in the slightest bit surprised. Not was I surprised that JG's talk of going for it and playing 2 up front was more of his usual b/s. Next he will be saying our forwards trained like Messi and Ronaldo. What an utter buffoon.

There won't be any more Crawley aways for us until that clown Gregory is gone. Complete waste of money and better things to do sadly.

Hi Simon,

Kind regards,

BICH

And I was on the Three Bridges FC bandwagon yesterday.

Don't worry though, I will be back on the Crawley Town FC bandwagon this Saturday for more drivel.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BICH

You're very boring.

Kind regards
Mr Armchair
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notso wrote:
Simon wrote:

Hi Simon,

Kind regards,

BICH

Don't worry though, I will be back on the Crawley Town FC bandwagon this Saturday for more drivel.

Seems there were quite a few people watching other teams Notso. I saw several ex regulars yesterday, some go to Bridges now and someone on here said they were watching Ringmer recently. I suppose that's why crowds generally are down at Crawley, home and away.

In BICH's quaint little world there must be a lot of bandwagons. But only one Aldershot United Wink
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notso wrote:
Simon wrote:

Hi Simon,

Kind regards,

BICH

Hi Notso,

It's a fair trip to Bristol and so I'm not having a go at anyone for not going or watching other teams to get their football fix. I've done the same.

What I find galling is other saying how great other teams are as a stick to hit Crawley Town with.

Enjoy other clubs but I don't understand why that's being weaponised.

Kind regards,

BICH
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sawdustbrown wrote:
Shame about the negative comments on here tonight. For the second game in a row i have come away feeling that the team worked hard, battled and put in the sort of effort expected. Today was always going to be a tough game and at times had to soak up a lot of pressure. The defence played well (Sonny Bradley in particular for me) and at times got into good positions on the counter, only to be let down by by wayward shooting or hesitancy in front of goal. I thought Miller was impressive. He chased and harried, tracked back when needed and was lively going forward. Lewis Price had a fantastic game in goal, very composed and made some great saves. Will be a shame to lose Keane now, really hope we get him back in January. If we keep putting in this sort of effort and gain a little confidence in front of goal then hopefully the second half of the season we can kick on.

I think generally now this forum is for the "ex or anti" Crawley brigade who were spoilt by a few years of success and now cannot or will not stay and battle through a crap period which is bad enough but also love to come on here and tell us how much better or harder working Burgess Hill Athletic or Aldershot City or whoever are than us. There has been much crap played by us this season and will probably continue to be, but didnt we put in a decent performance against Chesterfield in a very good game, and yesterday it sounds as though the players gave their all to try and get a point against a much richer club. I will continue to have a go at some of the negativity of the management team but cannot see much point on a Crawley forum of constantly going on about how much better x or y are. You stop going, stop spending money in Redz etc it will only get worse and then (seemingly) the wish of some on here that we fall back into non league will come true, and you can grow old reminiscing fondly about "I remember when we played in League 1"
I was watching a few minutes of Arsenal v Newcastle yesterday and while some good bits there was some crap, and one moment in particular when Arsenal broke down the wing into the box and the guy put in an awful overlong cross which the Arsenal player past the back post miskicked out for a goal kick to Newcastle, and there were a rows of Arsenal fans behind the goal (who had spent a fortune on tickets) clapping this bit of tosh. I just commented to one of my sons that if any of the Crawley players had done that he would have been slaughtered and ridiculed by our "faithful". Nothing wrong with a bit of "healthy" abuse at games but nice if we tried to ridicule the other team occasionally rather than constantly have a go at our own.
Having said that JG was very sheepish when talking about the goal we conceded from the corner, and it sounded like we struggled early on from corners, that is one worry that we (management) dont seem to learn from our mistakes. But I dont think it is enough to make me want to change allegiance to Three Bridges though!
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
sawdustbrown wrote:
Ian wrote:
Simon wrote:

Even Accrington managed 84 to portsmouth! Embarrassing by us, but it was expected.
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley Dan wrote:
Ian wrote:
sawdustbrown wrote:
Ian wrote:
Simon wrote:

Even Accrington managed 84 to portsmouth! Embarrassing by us, but it was expected.

Maybe they'll get first dibs on a United ticket with a ticket stub? Should they beat Yeovil of course.

Ticket stub offers - those were the days....................... Wink
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: