CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Next three Games
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Next three Games Reply with quote

Sounded like a reasonable amount of endeavour today but no threat in attack. Not a single shot on target all game.

The next three games Port Vale. Leyton Orient and Colchester . Two in the bottom three and one just above us.

It's a cliche but if we don't come out of those three with 6 plus points I think we are in serious trouble. I would also go as far to say the managements future should turn on those three results.

If we only pick up one two or three points changes need to be made before the January window so at least someone has a chance of turning it round.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that four points from the three games would probably give a stay of execution. W1 D1 L1. 1-1-1 for the rest of the season would mean staying up. It would be lovely to win all three. That wouldn't totally shock me either.
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
I think that four points from the three games would probably give a stay of execution. W1 D1 L1. 1-1-1 for the rest of the season would mean staying up. It would be lovely to win all three. That wouldn't totally shock me either.

Wins or defeats and forget these long unbeaten runs of lots of draws, couldnt really expect us to go to Bristol and batter them but no reason why we cannot be bolder in all our remaining games and at least feel we have had a go, I am sure then some wins (and quite a few defeats) will follow, but more likely to keep us up than constantly drawing games.
Would still though like to hear JGs half term report on his stated aim of the play-offs, which was partly used as a marketing tool to sell season tickets, but I assume he had some level of expectation with our competitive budget? Shocked
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no competitive budget . Who in our squad do you think this top 8 or top twelve budget is being spent on ...Young , Bawling, Price, Miller

Unless we have 13 players earning 3000 a week it's a not reality. Dunford screwed Gregory over royally with that comment but it's just not the case.

Henderson Tomlin and Harold are the only ones on decent whack who have offered nothing. I reasonably exclude Simpson due to previous contributions to the team / club.
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can get 6 points, some of them are near us in the league

Law of averages says we will win sooner or later

But don't forget our recent long unbeaten run only ended today
colin
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As they say **** or Bust in my Eyes its get oing to be a nervy Christmas I am expecting at least 6 points but should be 7 or more.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maidenbower Millionaire wrote:

So after our long run of bore draws, we've now lost. And don't forget the cup exits - they were defeats too. Still, you seem happy with how things are going. You can't or won't acknowledge the crappy management, *beep* poor tactics, plummeting attendances and dire football we're getting. If we get relegated, I don't want to hear you moan.
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:

So after our long run of bore draws, we've now lost. And don't forget the cup exits - they were defeats too. Still, you seem happy with how things are going. You can't or won't acknowledge the crappy management, *beep* poor tactics, plummeting attendances and dire football we're getting. If we get relegated, I don't want to hear you moan.

We are punching above or weight.

We have attendances below 3000, what do you expect ?

We are not Man City or Barcelona

dontknow
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:

dontknow

I know all that. You're the one who thinks JG and Groves are doing a good job. You really can't see the problems at the club can you? Support the team through good and bad by all means, its what I do. But you're naive.
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:

dontknow

I know all that. You're the one who thinks JG and Groves are doing a good job. You really can't see the problems at the club can you? Support the team through good and bad by all means, its what I do. But you're naive.

Naive ? I just am optimistic , I love watching us play and enjoy the company of friends and fellow fans home and away.

I believe we can survive this season.
What's naive about that ?
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It did and I have put some thought into the concept we have been unbeaten for 6 games but dropped 5 places.

We need to win two of the next three.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
There is no competitive budget . Who in our squad do you think this top 8 or top twelve budget is being spent on ...Young , Bawling, Price, Miller

Unless we have 13 players earning 3000 a week it's a not reality. Dunford screwed Gregory over royally with that comment but it's just not the case.

Henderson Tomlin and Harold are the only ones on decent whack who have offered nothing. I reasonably exclude Simpson due to previous contributions to the team / club.

It's not just 13 players though is it. Last time I looked there were 23 players listed on the website. Add the manager, assistant, two medical people, kit,an etc and there are a lot of people that the money has to go round.

Unfortunately we have a high percentage of players who rarely appear as they are either permanently injured, not good enough or likely both. I would love to know how much it has cost to have Elliott, Simpson, Harrold, O'Connor, Banya, Henderson, Jensen and Bradley on the payroll this season. Some of them will be on more cash than you think.
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

It's not just 13 players though is it. Last time I looked there were 23 players listed on the website. Add the manager, assistant, two medical people, kit,an etc and there are a lot of people that the money has to go round.

Unfortunately we have a high percentage of players who rarely appear as they are either permanently injured, not good enough or likely both. I would love to know how much it has cost to have Elliott, Simpson, Harrold, O'Connor, Banya, Henderson, Jensen and Bradley on the payroll this season. Some of them will be on more cash than you think.

How much are they earning ?

You suggest you have an idea by the way you have written it ?
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin wrote:
As they say **** or Bust in my Eyes its going to be a nervy Christmas I am expecting at least 6 points but should be 7 or more.

6 is a must IMO!
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

How much are they earning ?

You suggest you have an idea by the way you have written it ?

No I don't know for sure. However I do know that Bradley and Harrold are players we paid fees for and were competing for against other clubs, Henderson was touted as a big signing as was Jensen, Simpson was on one of the old higher wage deals, and Elliott as an established L1 performer would not have been cheap.

I certainly wouldn't say we were on a bargain basement budget.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: