CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Bristol City matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yelsis wrote:
lee 66 wrote:

If We fail to have a shot on target next week and lose then John Gregory and Paul Groves should be sacked on the pitch in front of everyone in the stadium.

That is probably the most ridiculous suggestion I have ever read on this forum!

No,no you're quite right,let's make it 3 shots on target.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
yelsis wrote:
lee 66 wrote:

If We fail to have a shot on target next week and lose then John Gregory and Paul Groves should be sacked on the pitch in front of everyone in the stadium.

That is probably the most ridiculous suggestion I have ever read on this forum!

No,no you're quite right,let's make it 3 shots on target.

Now that really is the most ridiculous suggestion I've read on here for quite a while Wink
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Really enjoyed today's game. 11 guys who gave 110% and had their backs to the wall for most of the game against a higher ranked team with much bigger resources.

Some of the guys were literally dead on their feet at the end of 96 minutes.

Should have mentioned that I was at Aldershot v Burgess Hill and despite 3 divisions difference the Hillians managed some shots and even a winning goal.

Disappointed to hear Reds didn't have a single shot on target in 90 mins, but not in the slightest bit surprised. Not was I surprised that JG's talk of going for it and playing 2 up front was more of his usual b/s. Next he will be saying our forwards trained like Messi and Ronaldo. What an utter buffoon.

There won't be any more Crawley aways for us until that clown Gregory is gone. Complete waste of money and better things to do sadly.

Burgess Hill won at the Rec, or whatever it's called these days??
Well done them.At this rate we will pass eachother in the pyramid.
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Really enjoyed today's game. 11 guys who gave 110% and had their backs to the wall for most of the game against a higher ranked team with much bigger resources.

Should have mentioned that I was at Aldershot v Burgess Hill and despite 3 divisions difference the Hillians managed some shots and even a winning goal.

Disappointed to hear Reds didn't have a single shot on target in 90 mins, but not in the slightest bit surprised. Not was I surprised that JG's talk of going for it and playing 2 up front was more of his usual b/s. Next he will be saying our forwards trained like Messi and Ronaldo. What an utter buffoon.

There won't be any more Crawley aways for us until that clown Gregory is gone. Complete waste of money and better things to do sadly.

Sorry not to join the Burgess Hill bandwagon but I would suggest the gap between our resources and those of Bristol City is just as great or greater than that between Aldershot (who I would think had their mind on an FA Cup replay) and Burgess Hill, even if it isnt why almost gloat that a huge effort by Burgess Hill is any better than that of your own (?) team?
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
Simon wrote:

Then you can all start abusing Burgess Hill and praising little old Crawley then?
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not on the Burgess Hill bandwagon Jesus!!!
I honestly didn't know their result until I read this thread........and it was Aldershot after all.........and it is a surprising result!!!!
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good effort from the team although 'backs to the wall' for most of it.
Price made some excellent saves to keep us in it for so long.

Sorry to go against the flow but the effort and application in last 2 performances are a huge improvement and are down in part to JG and PG.

Positives today - Price, best keeper performance I've seen in quite a while.
Miller, everything that GT isn't. Hope we can see him with Izale in the new year.
The defence. Mostly very good.

Had this and the last game been more of the same turgid and ineffectual passionless drivel
I'd be with the JG out contingent. Signs of improvement though so I'm reserving judgement until after the Colchester game.

COYR!

PS - Nice touch from Keane at the end applauding the fans and throwing his shirt. Hope we can get him back if only to teach him to tackle.
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:
Simon wrote:

Then you can all start abusing Burgess Hill and praising little old Crawley then?

Bloody BH JCL's. Wink
yelsis
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 138

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

backofthenet wrote:
Good effort from the team although 'backs to the wall' for most of it. Price made some excellent saves to keep us in it for so long.

Sorry to go against the flow but the effort and application in last 2 performances are a huge improvement and are down in part to JG and PG.

Positives today - Price, best keeper performance I've seen in quite a while. Miller, everything that GT isn't. Hope we can see him with Izale in the new year. The defence. Mostly very good.

Had this and the last game been more of the same turgid and ineffectual passionless drivel I'd be with the JG out contingent. Signs of improvement though so I'm reserving judgement until after the Colchester game.

COYR!

PS - Nice touch from Keane at the end applauding the fans and throwing his shirt. Hope we can get him back if only to teach him to tackle.

It is good to read something positive especially from a supporter who was actually at the game!
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah well done Burgess Hill there again they were only playig Aldershot**** Wink

As for PG and JG i dont care if santa claus comes on the pitch Saturday and drops the hint leaving his sack with them however its done DO IT SACK THESE CLOWNS

1 win in last 10 worst form in league!
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
Simon wrote:

Sorry not to join the Burgess Hill bandwagon but I would suggest the gap between our resources and those of Bristol City is just as great or greater than that between Aldershot (who I would think had their mind on an FA Cup replay) and Burgess Hill, even if it isnt why almost gloat that a huge effort by Burgess Hill is any better than that of your own (?) team?

Sorry to say Mick it was. Having been to every home game bar 1 (including the SSC games) and 3 aways I think I'm entitled to that view. There may be a gap in resources but you overcome that through effort. Like we did against Derby, Swindon, Torquay etc.

This season B/Hill have won away at teams one, two and three divisions higher. Crawley on the other hand go down without a whimper like you saw against Yeovil, Notts Co, Gills etc etc.

Not to have a single shot on target is utterly laughable.

I'm sure I am not the only one who feels that way, judging by the away fans at Bristol today.

I will always support Crawley as my first club as I have done for 20+ years however I won't be wasting more money travelling around to watch the crap that JG is serving up.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun wrote:
lee 66 wrote:
Oh I forgot to add and flogged too.

I very much doubt there'll be any buyers!!

I think he wants them over his knee before buggering them with a corner flag.

There's a reason I normally stand behind him!
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
I'm sure I am not the only one who feels that way, judging by the away fans at Bristol today.

How many did we take? I forgot there was a game until about 6:00 Embarassed
sawdustbrown
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 9

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Simon wrote:

How many did we take? I forgot there was a game until about 6:00 Embarassed

93- although there seemed a lot more than that
allanp
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 43

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good defensive performance from Crawley but 0-0 was the best we could hope for.

Some woeful shots that did not go anywhere near the goal but Bradley could have pinched it for us if his header from a free kick did not go just over the bar with their keeper beaten.

Smith actually put over one good corner in this match which was headed on to the back post and then deep into injury time reverted to his usual trick of kicking the ball shoulder high straight at the first defender. Can't a professional footballer kick a ball above head high except when it is a shot on goal !!!

AND WHY IS THAT USELESS TOMLIN STILL IN THE TEAM. No pace, takes too long on the ball, loses possession very easily and doesn't tackle back when he has lost the ball.

Without McCleod I can't see where Crawley's next goal is going to come from.

Last edited by allanp on Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: