CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Chesterfield predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rubyred
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustaphashot wrote:
Shame to lose a loyal fan like you in addition to several other "old timers". From what I'm told, disenchantment is the word of the season.

As dictated by Mustaphashot

Disenchantment from me too. 37 years standing but the football is more than woeful .Even in the southern league when we were bottom I enjoyed it. Now I don't. Not looking forward to tomorrow. If anything I find it as a hindrance to the weekend.
rubyred
Subs bench
Subs bench

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
I wouldn't mind us losing if we showed some battling spirit. Get some tackles in, grit and determination etc. In fact if we did that from the off we might indeed be surprised.

I remember the really bad times in the southern league but we battled and showed passion even when we continued to lose. The current losers just keep testing my patience, as does Gregory and his hopeless sidekick.
daz
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Home support of around 1600 tomorrow im afraid, if mr jim baker attends tomorrow that will make a grand total of 1 person left out of my friends in attendance. My football saturdays are allways something I look forward too, down the pub then into reds , get a match fix then reds again then home via a takeaway, tomorrow I will have to drive to the game and then straight home after as nobody else interested (sorry jim)
Usually I start my pre match rituals on a friday night , but cant be bothered at the moment as I cant really see any enjoyment comeing from anywhere.
As for the score, can't see us winning....think it will be the same as last week but they will get a third at 2-0 instead of us getting back into game...and I will be gone long before the end of the game......im a big crawley town fan but this isn't crawley town...
rubyred
Subs bench
Subs bench

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to give my prediction. 3-0 to Chesterfield, crowd of 1900 with 298 away.

Will be resuming my betting of the opposition for this one. At evens, it is easy money.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all have to keep turning up. I understand the " not enjoying it " because I don't for the most part , but we are the life blood of the club. The people , the players and the culture that people are upset about won't be here forever.

You never know tomorrow might be the day the players come out fighting from the start. Play with passion, skill and aggression . Even in a poor team there is usually one match a year things click.
rubyred
Subs bench
Subs bench

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
You never know tomorrow might be the day the players come out fighting from the start. Play with passion, skill and aggression . Even in a poor team there is usually one match a year things click.

We have had over 20 games for things to 'click'. These team have gelled into a wobbly mess of nothingness. I hate saying it.
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some of these old timers are suffering memory loss about the "good old days" which when we were bottom or near it in the SL were dire, crowds of a few 100, little ability from the team and quite often not a huge amount of effort from the team either, but plenty of whingeing from us lot on the terraces. The only difference we didnt have the forums for people to compare notes on how much worse we were than the great teams of the 1960s............
Nothing wrong (well there is if you ever want to see us improve but your choice) with voting with your feet if you dont want to support anymore but please lets not have all these sob stories about the "good old days", which were mostly crap! Rolling Eyes
trev
First Team
First Team

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to think about if we win or not I just hope we play entertaining football and I stay awake for the first half.
If we loose this week and next then I think the writing is on the wall we are for the big drop.
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
I think we all have to keep turning up. I understand the " not enjoying it " because I don't for the most part , but we are the life blood of the club. The people , the players and the culture that people are upset about won't be here forever.

I agree first part, who ever said it was supposed to be fun, anyway lots of us are happier when there is something to moan about, just read 99% of the posts on here?!

Not sure about the second part, hopefully it will be today. Something along the lines of the Wolves performance at home last season, lets just not follow it with 6 straight defeats.
daz
Squad member
Squad member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly what we were in the past is irrelevant now, possibly we are in the entertainment business now and we need larger crowds , and the only way for them to grow is for sucessfull entertaining football.
If we are not successful then so be it but people expexct some degree of entertainment, there is none at the moment.
In the old days we also used to make our own entertainment in the shed, maybe a bit over the top at times but kept us going throughout the bad days...wouldn,t be able to do that now.....imagine what our stewards would be like at crystal palace with there ultras...doubt they would do a thing to be honest , but if a couple of kids were like that here....
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d_c_bryan wrote:
I predict that Mr and Mrs d_c_bryan will not be going to watch more tosh. If and when it improves, we'll be back but I don't reckon that'll be anytime soon.
If, it's still tosh for the rest of the season, that's 2 West Stand season tickets up for grabs next season as we won't need them.
Even when we equalised last week, I couldn't get excited; seems my love for the club has gone away.
That aside, I reckon we'll lose with Doyle bagging at least one for them.

Hi D C Bryan,

Today was probably the most exciting game of the season so far and you missed it.

I would say bad luck but it wasn't because you opted to stay away.

Did you go Christmas shopping or stay in with Jeff and the boys?

Kind regards,

BICH
paul50
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Despite the protestations difficult to see how morale won't be battered. The players seem clueless for large parts of games. Best we will get is a draw in my view. But they score a lot of goals.

1 -1 2500 att

Not far out Laughing
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost a lottery win. First time I have enjoyed a game this year.
daz
Squad member
Squad member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I predicted that I would have 1friend left with me today, I was wrong.I was billy no mates..
one touch footie
Subs bench
Subs bench

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
d_c_bryan wrote:
I predict that Mr and Mrs d_c_bryan will not be going to watch more tosh. If and when it improves, we'll be back but I don't reckon that'll be anytime soon.
If, it's still tosh for the rest of the season, that's 2 West Stand season tickets up for grabs next season as we won't need them.
Even when we equalised last week, I couldn't get excited; seems my love for the club has gone away.
That aside, I reckon we'll lose with Doyle bagging at least one for them.

Hi D C Bryan,

Today was probably the most exciting game of the season so far and you missed it.

I would say bad luck but it wasn't because you opted to stay away.

Did you go Christmas shopping or stay in with Jeff and the boys?

Kind regards,

BICH

Bich, I try to avoid biting & getting involved in slanging matches, I really can't be bothered...but you are one hell of an obstinate point scoring ****.
As for your statement above, if you've got nothing good to say then please say **** all at all. Please appreciate we are all different and have differing reasons for coming along or not. Yes it was a better game to today, but I haven't found the football enthralling or enjoyable this year, so can understand why people vote with their feet.
I suggest you try to be a little more understanding and a damn sight less smug. This is sent not to be inflammatory, but just to try and give you a view from someone on the periphery about how you come across.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: