CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Vote of confidence
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we can get more pragmatic than bringing back every single player for corners even when we're losing and need to get a goal to get back into the game.
Crawley001
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure we have the money to sack JG and his staff, plus is there anyone out there who could do better with the current resources and would be interested?

I think we should leave this game and focus on the next. If the players give another poor performance and look disinterested, then we should be very worried. If they come out and put in a good, passionate display (regardless of result) then it would show the players do want to be here and play under the current manager in my opinion, so there would be some hope.

I think a 4-5-1, with the two wingers pushing further forward, play it down the wings and just put as many crosses in to the striker as we can, especially if Harrold. Try and keep the midfield 3 tight so little gets through, with one getting further forward to support the striker. I think Simpson is very important player who we've been missing so far.
herbie
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree we would not have the money to pay him off!

Just had a look on Wiki. http://bit.ly/WBjVYk

Average win rate for entire managerial career 1989 to date 33%.

Quote:
Gregory was sacked as QPR manager on 1 October 2007, quote after another string of poor performances.

December 2009 Gregory was appointed the manager of Israeli club Maccabi Ahi Nazareth. He led them to relegation.

Gregory was appointed the manager of Israeli Premier League Club F.C. Ashdod. He resigned from Ashdod on 18 April 2011, with the club facing the possibility of relegation.

June 2011, Gregory was appointed the manager of Kazakh club Kairat FC from Kazakhstan; they survived relegation at the end of the 2011 season.

Gregory had his contract as manager terminated in December 2011 and in April 2012 was paid $120,000 in compensation.

Sorry guys if you already knew this but If this is to be believed?

Sad

Admin edit: Quotes now quoted and link added
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you thing JG, with a football history PREVIOUS to the above history, is managing Crawley Town on a budget and with attendances as they are? To try to bring success and recover his good name and move on up the ladder , of course. But will it work, that is the question!

As dictated by Mustaphashot.
rubyred
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people were shouting out for Gregory to go in the stands and on my way home heard a few others saying much the same or they wouldn't be going again.

For the first time in many years, I left early. Even through the Cant and Majeeds era I stayed until the end, but not this time.

I think we can all see it. Yesterday wasn't about a bad day at the office or one of those games. It is a continuation of a series of quite awful team performances from a team of miss-fits.

Our attendances are very poor now and think it is down to the fact that no-one recognises the team and the fact that we are playing so poorly. There is very little skill on offer and can see nothing but relegation unless we somehow improve the side.

I can't see Gregory lasting beyond the end of October if things continue like this.

The only positive is that we have Edwards, Walsh and Simpson to come back.
Birdmansr71
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustaphashot wrote:
Why do you thing JG, with a football history PREVIOUS to the above history, is managing Crawley Town on a budget and with attendances as they are? To try to bring success and recover his good name and move on up the ladder , of course. But will it work, that is the question!

TBH, right from his appointment I'd assumed we were a stepping stone for JG. That in itself doesn't bother me in the slightest, the fact that he (let's say) 'has his work cut out' to put it mildly, does.
That being said, it's early days, there's a long way to go to the end of the season.
I can't make away games but I shall still be using my season ticket to give what support I can.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustaphashot wrote:

Hate to ask but is this a sign that things aren't too good?
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rubyred wrote:
For the first time in many years, I left early. Even through the Cant and Majeeds era I stayed until the end, but not this time.

I stayed until the end as I always do, then joined one of my mates in Redz who had left early. Continued to drown my sorrows post-match (I was pretty drowned pre-match, but that's another story). drunken_smilie drink
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notso wrote:
Continued to drown my sorrows post-match (I was pretty drowned pre-match, but that's another story). drunken_smilie drink

And so to Saturday coming - half 12 again Notso Wink
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
notso wrote:
Continued to drown my sorrows post-match (I was pretty drowned pre-match, but that's another story). drunken_smilie drink

And so to Saturday coming - half 12 again Notso Wink

Absolutely Very Happy

The good thing about it last Saturday was that the pre-match alcohol numbed the senses to the degree that I didn't feel quite as bad about the game had I gone there sober.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: