CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Contract Signings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see in the Argus we are monitoring the situation with a QPR 19yr old defender with a view to a season long loan (one of a few apparently).
I hope we are not overloaded with loanees next season (apart from Gwion Edwards), and personally would like to see us pick up the odd young prospect from non league (such as a Kyle McFadzean type?).
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bridgesboy79 wrote:
Simon wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:
Sadler and Jones were never going to re -sign on our wages. We are offering lower league Two wages to play in Chamionship one. They can and will get better. Bully will go to someone like Luton or Oxford and earn more than we can pay.

The only players we are getting is either blokes who have earned their money looking for a cheap, final swing or league two blokes eager to jump up.

Is it not the case that our playing budget for next season is about 40% higher than Orient's was last season?

As Ian says, don't quote figures at Crawley 69 (particularly if they have substance). They will only confuse him Rolling Eyes! He seems to be particularly confused about Luton and Oxford having large budgets as League 2 clubs have a smaller percentage of income that they are able to spend on player wages than in League 1.

Crawley69 isn't confused about things, he just guesses and makes stuff up, and thinks if he posts it here it's real. He should work for the Crawley News.
Andrew
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Dannie B leave us for Oxford (Utd) first time round ?
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
Didn't Dannie B leave us for Oxford (Utd) first time round ?

And we got him back from them when he couldnt cope with the demands of League 2 anymore?!!!!! Very Happy
Tonyt
Coach
Coach

Topics: 107

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Sadler and Jones were never going to re -sign on our wages. We are offering lower league Two wages to play in Chamionship one. They can and will get better. Bully will go to someone like Luton or Oxford and earn more than we can pay.

The only players we are getting is either blokes who have earned their money looking for a cheap, final swing or league two blokes eager to jump up.

Cor - The facts are creeping through at last.

Regarding my comments about Three Bridges I was refering to the match we are due to play against them. You know the one where we usually have the players to beat them 10-0 using mainly our reserves and youth players.

Cool
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonyt wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

Regarding my comments about Three Bridges I was refering to the match we are due to play against them. You know the one where we usually have the players to beat them 10-0 using mainly our reserves and youth players. Cool

What "facts" are you referring to then Tony. If you are in the know, do share it with us. Or is it the relegation odds you are after again?

Who cares what the score is against Three Bridges. It doesn't count when the serious games start.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonyt wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

Regarding my comments about Three Bridges I was refering to the match we are due to play against them. You know the one where we usually have the players to beat them 10-0 using mainly our reserves and youth players.

Cool

Tony, quoting a post by Crawley 69 and referring to facts leaves you open to ridicule.

I see we've signed another 2 today. We're off down the pan. Again.

You need to cheer up a bit mate.
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach

Topics: 176

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sky Sports sources are suggesting Mat Sadler is being chased by Rotherham, Bradford City & Partick Thistle.... seems he's very much in demand....

Ben
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley Ben wrote:
Sky Sports sources are suggesting Mat Sadler is being chased by Rotherham, Bradford City & Partick Thistle.... seems he's very much in demand....

Ben

There's no way he was going to be left club-less. One that I would have offered an improved offer to, to keep.

But then I would have offered better terms to Paul Jones to keep so what do I know JTG? Especially after seeing who we've got between the sticks now.
Hamilton Hamster
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 34

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notso wrote:
Crawley Ben wrote:

Ben

There's no way he was going to be left club-less. One that I would have offered an improved offer to, to keep.

But then I would have offered better terms to Paul Jones to keep so what do I know JTG? Especially after seeing who we've got between the sticks now.

Good as Jones was, Jensen will be better, even at 39
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamilton Hamster wrote:
notso wrote:
...But then I would have offered better terms to Paul Jones to keep so what do I know JTG? Especially after seeing who we've got between the sticks now.

Good as Jones was, Jensen will be better, even at 39

It's interesting then that JG is after another keeper and Jensen was signed as the back-up and as goalkeeping coach.

Quote:
And while Gregory has signed Jensen, who is 39 next week, as a back-up stopper and goalkeeping coach, he expects the experienced former West Brom and Burnley player to be in serious contention for the number one shirt.

“Managers have tried to replace Brian as their number one, but he keeps seeing off the competition,” Gregory said.

http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/M.....story.html
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rumours site suggest we are after Will Grigg and Lee Barnard as well. All though there is some rubbish on there the Jones to Pompey was correct.
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
The rumours site suggest we are after Will Grigg and Lee Barnard as well. All though there is some rubbish on there the Jones to Pompey was correct.

Not according to the echo

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/spo.....e_Barnard/
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Chuck Berry says "You Never Can Tell".

Will Gigg is one I'd expect us to enquire about. Sub most of the season at Brentford so he cannot expect to play too much next season a division higher.

Would probably want too much cash for us though.

Jim Baker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: