CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Carlisle United matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summarised our season really. We defended stoutly and limited them to half chances - their only real effort was the one that hit the bar.

At the other end we were poor. Tubbs has been off colour for a few games and Proctor faffed about far too much instead of getting shots away. I wonder if either is what we really need.

In fact the keeper's save from Proctor at the end was the only time I can remember either keeper having anything to do.

One game to go now and it would be nice to finish with a win.
Ali C
First Team
First Team

Topics: 27

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was a decent game for a 0-0? It's amazing how differently a team can play when they are playing for their lives. I can't comment too much but I guarantee Carlisle haven't played like that most of the season, i thought they looked quite decent on the ball. That said i thought we matched them, its just a shame that when we get into the oppositions penalty box everyone we look clueless!
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldcodger wrote:
Three bookings in a minute for Carlisle, how come?

A long way to come to get relegated, so sort of pleased we are not the team to send them down.

Punch up / handbags at down.

Even there keeper got booked for this.
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very poor game imho the midfield pair of Torres and Bulman were the only 2 that really wore the shirt with pride tonight

Proctor while giving his all just wouldn't hit the ball 3 or 4 guilt edged opportunities he had and took none of them

the back 4 were solid, nothing more but then keeping a clean sheet means they all done their job

if you were offering contracts out on the last 3 performances i think only 3 or 4 would get one, maybe we believe our squad is better than it really is?
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was not our best game of the season, but I think Carlisle did their best and kept the game alive.

Overall a fair result, I think.

Tubbs and Jamie missed some they should have scored, I would have liked to have seen a few more chances and test their keeper a bit more.

Paul Jones caught and held the ball ok today, much better, than his recent fumbles.

I like Gregory's style, he is there to be seen and shows commitment and enthusiasm.

Our crowd were quiet, their fans were loud and proud.

A decent night out for a Tuesday.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see why Carlise are in deep doodo. Torres and Bulman apart we didn't seem to be trying too hard and they still only had one on target (and one on the bar).

I'll be honest and say we are not good enough to be in the top half of this league. We just lack something. Drive upfront for sure but I think it's more a quickness of thought.

I hope the Carlisle player who shoved Torres into the hoardings learns from this. It may have only been a shove but I honestly thought Torres was hurt when he clattered the advertising hoardings. Petulance often leads to problems and he deserved a kick up the Khyber for that.

Jim Baker
josefk
First Team
First Team

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seemed to be one of those games where nothing to play for so go through the motions before the closed season.

End of an era for me as my eldest lad won't be with me next season. He's the lucky one as he won't have to put up with the divs behind me who ruin every game. Could move elsewhere but have been there throughout my time and the others around me are nice. That's life I suppose. I'll hold off renewing my seats, if they renew then three bridges may have to be my football fix.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

josefk wrote:
End of an era for me as my eldest lad won't be with me next season. He's the lucky one as he won't have to put up with the divs behind me who ruin every game. Could move elsewhere but have been there throughout my time and the others around me are nice. That's life I suppose. I'll hold off renewing my seats, if they renew then three bridges may have to be my football fix.

You'll let the people who sit behind you dictate whether you come to support your team next year?

Lovely. Confused
josefk
First Team
First Team

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
josefk wrote:

You'll let the people who sit behind you dictate whether you come to support your team next year?

Lovely. Confused

Normally no Ian but none of my lads enjoy it where we are, had my youngest in tears at the Crewe game with their hollering inane rubbish into his ears. Last night I don't think there was an expletive not used by them against Procter. They've been confronted, they've seen me talk to stewards about it and seen nothing done so what is the answer? Go physical get a banning order and lose the job or pay for the misery.

The others in my row are great and always chat with Wodin a few rows back so have no wish to go elsewhere.

Club not interested so bit of a hopeless situation.
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you telling us that the club is not interested that they are about to lose loyal supporters?
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustaphashot wrote:
Are you telling us that the club is not interested that they are about to lose loyal supporters?

Keep up. They haven't been interested in losing loyal supporters (which is happening) for quite a while now.
Josef, have you said anything to the divs behind you, or is it just not worth the hassle? Don't expect any support from the stewards. If it's going to stop you coming to matches, it really is worth considering moving elsewhere. The club can't afford to lose any more fans, not that they seem to care much. I know you like the others in your row, but there will be decent fans in other parts of the stadium too.
Ross
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 157

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical end of the season game but expected nothing less.

Good to see the defence was strong and concentrating through out, Bulman worked his socks off as per and will be key to our season next year.

Proctor and Tubbs didn't work well together, Proctor just doesn't seem confident when near the goal but looks around the box. I really do think with the right coaching he could become a very good player.

Tubbs just didn't really work, He seems to have lost a bit of pace and doesn't look in the physical condition he was at the beginning. I just don't think he works for the team as hard as he could.

But overall it wasn't a loss against a team who needed something from it. We should have won, but nothing wrong with the set up of our team or the way we played.

As JG said in the interview it was a good crowd for a nothing game, maybe the numbers are improving now and a more regular 3000 is achievable !
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'I love you Sergio' shouted JG during the second half. Going mad, irony or appreciation? personally thought Sergio had a cracking match wide on the right and switched well to the left as well. MOTM. Solid team performance in defence and midfield but up front...oh dear. JG's got some thinking to do in that area, particularly Proctor.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Results against teams in bottom 5 this season:

Played 10, Won 1, Drew 6, Lost 3.
9 points out of 30.

Poor really. Next season we need to work out how to put these teams away.
Tonyt
Coach
Coach

Topics: 107

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our attempts to score were laughable. Proctor broke away at least five times and fluffed it every time.

Tubbs screamed at players because he thought he had a better chance of scoring. He then ignored Sergio who was much better placed, Tubbs kicked it straight at their keeper. Don't waste money on him there must be fitter and younger players to sign.

There is no way Carlisle will win on Saturday so they got a very brief reprieve last night.

Unless we really put some good signings together in the close season along with keeping our stalwarts who are willing to have a go we are in deep poo-poo for next season.

The only thing we can say for this season is we beat a few really good sides and blew it against some poor sides, but still survived some how.

Being a glutton for punishment I'll be there on Saturday.

Rolling Eyes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: