CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Notts County matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think we'll lose at Bradford, but win both home games, let's hope the Easf stand isnt empty by the end of the game, no matter what the score.
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David R wrote:
Think we'll lose at Bradford, but win both home games, let's hope the Easf stand isnt empty by the end of the game, no matter what the score.

I have wondered if they only pay for 80 minutes in the East stand........
oldcodger
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First half Notts just about edged it, another set piece where marking was poor, but cant complain. Second half was ours and they were hanging on, we has some chances where we could have scored and their goal keeper made a brilliant save, well worth watching if you can find somewhere to see it.

No one shone for Crawley all put in an average performance MOM for me was their Black winger, (played on the right) I think number 20 he was a handful.

I love Sergio to bits, but have we won a game this season when he has started, not that he does anything wrong,, just a question?

Reasonable turnout for us considering, but good noisy support for Notts, hope they stay up.
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sums up the season...Cant defend set pieces and struggle against teams that aren't in top ten...Homework for Mr Gregory..!!
far2jammy
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many games lost this season has Bulman missed or not started. His not a match winner typically and appreciate today was another set piece but it does seem from memory we struggle when his not in the XI
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldcodger wrote:
First half Notts just about edged it, another set piece where marking was poor, but cant complain. Second half was ours and they were hanging on, we has some chances where we could have scored and their goal keeper made a brilliant save, well worth watching if you can find somewhere to see it.

No one shone for Crawley all put in an average performance MOM for me was their Black winger, (played on the right) I think number 20 he was a handful.

I love Sergio to bits, but have we won a game this season when he has started, not that he does anything wrong,, just a question?

Reasonable turnout for us considering, but good noisy support for Notts, hope they stay up.

Gareth Bale failed to win a game with Spurs,when he first arrived,for about twenty games.
Shame we lost,but I would like to see Notts County stay up.A proper traditional English club with so much history.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David R wrote:
its hardly going be half full at start so you work out how full it be at the end!
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srn151161 wrote:
Sums up the season...Cant defend set pieces and struggle against teams that aren't in top ten...Homework for Mr Gregory..!!
tinkering with line ups isnt ideal for homework tasks
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srn151161 wrote:

Fair comment. But JG has only been here a few months. Give him the chance to get it sorted.

I'd expect quite a few changes for next season. While I would love to keep Tubbs and Edwards, I'd expect other teams to be after them too. And I'd expect JG to bring in new faces too and so we'd lose a few familiar names.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil B wrote:
srn151161 wrote:

Fair comment. But JG has only been here a few months. Give him the chance to get it sorted.

I would hope that he's been here long enough to have known work was needed on defending set pieces. You would have hoped they would have worked on that in training, yet it's the same game after game...
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Phil B wrote:
srn151161 wrote:

I would hope that he's been here long enough to have known work was needed on defending set pieces. You would have hoped they would have worked on that in training, yet it's the same game after game...

Indeed. We are safe and that is good. However plenty of things to work on for next season.

Why we conceded so many goals from set pieces. Why our own dead ball kicks are so dire. Why we do so well against top teams but so poorly against teams at he bottom etc etc.

To be fair to JG he needs a full pre-season plus a chance to get his own squad together.
Warren
Coach
Coach

Topics: 299

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My match report from Meadow Lane: http://www.crawleyobserver.co......dQ.twitter
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top day out, shame about the result! Hope Notts County stay up, brilliant support and a proper football club. Roll on Bradford!
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some post-match reaction...

JG interview with BBC Surrey - https://audioboo.fm/boos/2092313
JG interview on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wkNjstQuCM
Mark Connolly interview on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEyGJmfb4eg
Tonyt
Coach
Coach

Topics: 107

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was my prediction - wasn't far wrong ---

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:46 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mentioned in an earlier topic that teams hate playing against teams fighting for survival.

Well this is certainly one of those games. Notts County cannot afford in any way to draw, they must win and get the three points to stand any chance of survival.

If we do any major team changes, to give players a rest or give former bench players a chance of 90mins of football we will be playing into their grateful hands.

I see a very tough game with no holds barred and we lose 2-0.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of our play was appalling. The only player doing any useful tackling was Sergio and he was taken off. Dicker and Edwards might well have stayed at home, I cannot see them staying. Kyle was forever heading the ball up into space and usually to a County player . Proctor did not win a single ball in the air their defence knew they had him sewn up.
When Gregory finally heeded the supporters screaming out for Bulman he put him on but far too late.
Man of the match had to be the County keeper for the fantastic save near the end.

Despite their win I don't see County staying up, the statistics are against them -- pity really.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: