CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Leyton Orient matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ali C
First Team
First Team

Topics: 27

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the game today with 3 other orient fans, I obviously came out very smug as we met afterwards and they said they thought the game was truly dreadful. I was slightly surprised by that as I thought it was OKAY but no more than that. What drives me absolutely insane is the constant hoofing down the flanks, both Sadler and Connolly repeatedly hit into no mans land and hope someone just gets on the end of it. This point was proven when with the first bit of attacking fluent play, we scored. I can't moan too much as we have now won 3 on the bounce but when we have the ability to knock it around and we don't it's rather frustrating. But I really hope to see more of Edwards, he is top class and brings a totally new and exciting dimension to our play.
stuart12345
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should really have a think about getting Edwards permanently next season. Absolutely class player for his age, so much potential.
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 300

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ali C wrote:
Went to the game today with 3 other orient fans

How strange, so did I. And yes, lovely having a gloat on the drive back to Brighton.
SuperRedDevils
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was with an Orient fan mate in the East stand, missed not being in the BW. Thought we were very good today. Looked very comfortable and relaxed on the ball at most stages of the game. The biggest threat from them was Odebajo he was very quick down their right side. So what if we lump it forward sometimes, we cant play the same way the whole game, and we have just beaten and done the double for the second season running against the team in third place.
Very much deserved it. Edwards was the stand out performer but it was a great team performance.
So I am very happy this evening.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some post-match reaction...

JG interview with BBC Sussex - https://audioboo.fm/boos/2086735
Dannie Bulman interview with BBC Sussex - https://audioboo.fm/boos/2086747
JG interview on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrRK2w75sZw
Dannie Bulman interview on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdo-e5QSAnA
Gwion Edwards interview on Reds Player - http://www.player.crawleytownf.....orient-win
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a poor state of affairs when you don't clap your own team scoring, let alone it being the winner, because the assist was from a player you've been slating all game.

Hard to believe I know, but that's exactly what happened a few rows in front of me in the West Stand this afternoon.

He went quiet after that. Embarassed
crawleyguy21
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game on a nice sunny easter afternoon, The whole team did well and given it was the third game in 6 days pushed themselves really hard which was why simspon and a few others were struggling towards the end.

Edwards is class and I think we should enjoy him while he is here for the rest of this season because I cant see him coming back on loan here or anyone in league 1 to be honest. Easily MOM in a game were I thought drury, bulman, walsh and mcfadzean were all very good. Just goes to show if you run at defenders you can cause many many problems and he did that pretty much all afternoon.

Overall good performance and lets hope we can keep it going till the end!! Very Happy
royboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was a really good advert for league 1 football. It could have gone either way but we got the breaks today for a change. How much better we are when a team comes here to win and it is an open game. Edwards was different class and far too good for this league, let's enjoy him while we can.
All in all a great afternoon COYR'S
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must say Dannie Bulman's fitness and stamina is something else. Apart from the 1 game ban he has put in 90 mins twice a week, almost every week. In fact at 35 he is playing the best football I can remember.

Let's hope he can keep going another couple of years.
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
Ali C wrote:
Went to the game today with 3 other orient fans

How strange, so did I. And yes, lovely having a gloat on the drive back to Brighton.

Nah!
far2jammy
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
It's a poor state of affairs when you don't clap your own team scoring, let alone it being the winner, because the assist was from a player you've been slating all game.

Hard to believe I know, but that's exactly what happened a few rows in front of me in the West Stand this afternoon.

Firstly it is not me that your referring to. I see both sides of the Mike Jones debate. His not my favourite player but like the pass for the goal he is a capable player at this level. The amazing amount of frustration around him comes from.
-lack of tackling (to the point he does not even get a grass stain in 90mins)
-he has a frustrating habit of admiring each pass rather than running on to the next position.
-he often passes backwards rather than forwards which annoys the hell out of my cousin but I appreciate that keeping possession at this level is a step forward than hoof ball.
-his most frustrating element for me is his positioning off the ball often looks like his gone missing.

That said he has earned his place in the starting eleven this season. I think a lot of the ill feeling comes from lck lister matches in the barker era when fans favourite Torres could not get a lookin. His a long way from deserving his own fans booing him mind which should always be last resort.
Gary M
First Team
First Team

Topics: 21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Must say Dannie Bulman's fitness and stamina is something else. Apart from the 1 game ban he has put in 90 mins twice a week, almost every week. In fact at 35 he is playing the best football I can remember.

There were those that said he wasn't good enough for league 2. My favourite Crawley
player of all time.
Nick
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary M wrote:
Simon wrote:

There were those that said he wasn't good enough for league 2. My favourite Crawley
player of all time.

Yes I agree. Can't see why Oxford let him go
Nick
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought it was a great game today helped by both teams been in a safe position. I think the ref helped as well by not bringing out any (I don't think) yellow cards.
Edwards was terrifying their defence. I do hope we can keep him next season but I suppose that is too much to wish for if any Championship teams are looking at him.
Overall a very good team performance and a well deserved 3 points.
Orient must be sick of the sight of us.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

far2jammy wrote:
Peter wrote:

Firstly it is not me that your referring to. I see both sides of the Mike Jones debate. His not my favourite player but like the pass for the goal he is a capable player at this level. The amazing amount of frustration around him comes from.
-lack of tackling (to the point he does not even get a grass stain in 90mins)
-he has a frustrating habit of admiring each pass rather than running on to the next position.
-he often passes backwards rather than forwards which annoys the hell out of my cousin but I appreciate that keeping possession at this level is a step forward than hoof ball.
-his most frustrating element for me is his positioning off the ball often looks like his gone missing.

That said he has earned his place in the starting eleven this season. I think a lot of the ill feeling comes from lck lister matches in the barker era when fans favourite Torres could not get a lookin. His a long way from deserving his own fans booing him mind which should always be last resort.

I don't think a Mike Jones will ever be a flair player, however he suffered in the Barker era not being used in the right way (just like Drury). Despite all his coaching badges RB didn't seem able to recognise that.

Since JG arrived he has sorted this out. Drury is now playing superbly, and the pass by Jonesy today for the second goal would have had people raving if it was Beckham etc. Plus he is really versatile, I have seen him play left mid, right mid and centre mid. I heard today he is unlikely to be here next season as he wants to move back up north. Shame as I think he is quite an unsung player.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: