CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Tranmere Rovers matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
far2jammy
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srn151161 wrote:
Thought most of the team looked dead on their feet tonight and were trying to conserve energy for the leyton orient game which will be a tough tough battle as they will be desperate to win..

The back four were excellent and are at last working well as a unit....

Afraid Matt Tubbs produced one piece of magic but not a lot else..not sure he is our long term striker solution..

Richie Barker was in directors box tonight..Wonder who he was scouting..??

Talking to someone else today about Tubbs not being the answer before kick off. His our top scorer and only joined at Christmas and has missed games through injury. His the type of player that will not touch the ball as often as say Procter but surely you need one goal scorer. Best goal scorer ever to play for this club and he still does not get full support what chance does anyone else have? Bring back Barnett from obscurity and sign Tubbs big ask given his Bournemouth wages and I would be over the moon. Keep the back 5. Our midfield from today add some wingers and strength on the bench we would be playoff contenders.
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no place to hide when the games come thick and fast. Kyle should be the next captain, he seems to be the one visible in the verbal and demonstration department out on the pitch. While Clarke has been very out of form must say that Josh isn't far behind. Tubbs's lack of match play over recent times has caught up with him - the ideal for him and us would be for him to settle down here, with affordable wages, and fire up for next season with preseason and regular football. Slowish start from Jamie but overall a great 90 minutes rather than his usual impact role - if he can keep it going he's a real asset. While we are only 3 players or so away from a very strong A team, the scouting from other clubs such as MK Dons is a reminder that our talented lads will be equally in demand so we could see a fair amount of turnover in the summer.
2oo2Red
Coach
Coach

Topics: 62

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Matt Tubbs was a loan player we had never seen before, everyone would be screaming to sign him up, 8 goals in 13 for a player that's also struggled for game time this season isn't bad in any strikers books!
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srn151161 wrote:
Afraid Matt Tubbs produced one piece of magic but not a lot else..not sure he is our long term striker solution..

Thats all he needs to do, you must rate a striker by the amount of goals he scores thats his job.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When does Tubbs contract at Bournemouth expire...? Would they pay him off...?

dontknow

I'm sure his record for us this season will have been noted by other League 1 clubs, expect a few other scouts to be in attendance over the next few games.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme wrote:
srn151161 wrote:

Thats all he needs to do, you must rate a striker by the amount of goals he scores thats his job.

I believe he is only half fit which is why he only played 60 mins.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
What a save from Fon Williams from Proctors little floater eh!

Save of the season at the Broadfield!

I didn't realise it was a save until I read it on here. I was near the corner flag so it wasn't possible to see a deviation in the ball's flight. Will be looking out for that on the highlights.
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
Ian wrote:

I didn't realise it was a save until I read it on here. I was near the corner flag so it wasn't possible to see a deviation in the ball's flight. Will be looking out for that on the highlights.

It was an incredible save. He only just got a finger tip on it, but it was enough to deflect the ball by a couple of millimetres and onto the post.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The goals from last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UpIj6gMDAU
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
Ian wrote:

Come on Ian, you know you can't say Proctor had a good game on here. Wink

Besides as (according to the BBC) we only had 2 shots on target, the keeper must have pulled the ball back towards the post. Cool

I'd imagine anyone who was anywhere but in line with the flight of the ball would not have seen the touch from OFW.

Ian
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Phil T wrote:
Ian wrote:

Besides as (according to the BBC) we only had 2 shots on target, the keeper must have pulled the ball back towards the post. Cool

I'd imagine anyone who was anywhere but in line with the flight of the ball would not have seen the touch from OFW.

Ian

Fortunately I was in line with the flight of the ball. I saw the deflection. Brilliant save.
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proctor was trying hard last night, he was being man marked by their big defender and was muscled off the ball the whole game (apart from the chip). He should start every game now.
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Phil T wrote:
Ian wrote:

Ian

Ah, get the point Ian.

As Notso says, it was a great shot and a cracking save. And he managed to see it past my head Wink
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David R wrote:
Proctor was trying hard last night, he was being man marked by their big defender and was muscled off the ball the whole game (apart from the chip). He should start every game now.

Would be worth giving him a run until the end of the season and see how he develops. Its fair to say up to now he hasnt had a sustained run in the starting 11. But at the end of the day he is a striker and it all comes down to goals and assists not hardwork and endevour.
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering what an important game it was for both sides it was a bit of a damp squib really for most of it with only a few moments of quality or excitement. Tranmere probably had the better chances in the first half but Crawley looked better overall. The second half saw Tranmere have the vast majority of the ball and Crawley were holding on. It was a sucker punch a second goal and two-nil definitely flattered us, but hey, take them as they come.

Iím prepared to say weíre safe now - it would take a truly freakish set of results for us to go down - so itíll now be interesting as to who we can keep and who we can get.

If the pitch hadnít stuffed our season I honestly believe we would have been at least in the sniff of the play-offs. Weíre not that far away.

P. Jones - 9 - Some truly top drawer saves and handling. Itís laughable that some people were questioning his quality.

Connelly - 6 - Canít fault his commitment but put in about four or five wild tackles and was lucky not to get book

Sadler - 7 - Extremely solid defensively, not much going forward

McFadzean - 8 - He seems the real leader on the pitch. With Bulman unable to play every game I think serious consideration should be given to captaincy for next season

Walsh - 8 - Totally calm. Never seems to make a mistake

Bulman - 6 - Went largely unnoticed in midfield, still kept everything simple

Drury - 6 - A fairly anonymous game even when he played in an more advanced position

M. Jones - 6 - Still offers a great outlet but not one of his better games

Simpson - 6 - Playing out of position and just looks happier in the middle

Proctor - 7 - We should stick with him. Fantastic work rate and attitude. Maybe the goals will follow

Tubbs - 7 - Heís starting to look knackered with such a long time out then such a glut of games. But judge him on his goalscoring - and he scored an absolute peach

Torres - 7 - A surprisingly early introduction but he helped control the midfield when Tranmere were starting to take over

Edwards - 7 - Looked really lively and a nice finish. Well worth having a proper look at

Dicker - N/A - I donít remember a single thing his did in his cameo

Admin edit: Post moved to correct thread
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: