CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |


MK Dons matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SuperRedDevils
Subs bench
Subs bench


Joined: 21 Dec 2010
Last Visit: 30 Jul 2017
Posts: 587
Topics: 13

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barker make some noise, Evans touches boys, John Gregory, John Gregory!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 05 Feb 2011
Last Visit: 28 May 2017
Posts: 3197
Topics: 421
Location: Oop North

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An excellent day out made all the more pleasing with JP's contribution.

Lots of good performances but Jamie shaded it for me.

Pleasing to hear the fans keep behind the team again as at Brentford, and especially giving Jamie specific acknowledgement when he was substituted.
Can we make as much consistent noise on Tuesday?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench


Joined: 10 Mar 2010
Last Visit: 06 Jun 2017
Posts: 636
Topics: 25
Location: North holmwood

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great result but a woefully poor MK dons side who look a mid table side at best...so lets not get too carried away...Tuesday v Tranmere will be a tough battle.. one more win and we are probably safe..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BucksIsOurs.
Youth team
Youth team


Joined: 17 May 2012
Last Visit: 17 Jan 2016
Posts: 61
Topics: 3
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun wrote:
Great performance today.

Impressive ground, but it's serious overkill for the fanbase they have. As I said to an MK fan in the bar, it's akin to a single bloke living in an 8 bedroom house. Whole sections of the ground are totally redundant and the atmosphere is lost as a result.

The other thing that struck me was the feeling of ambivalence the home fans displayed in the bar after the match. If I'd been a home fan today I'd have been visibly irritable and moaning like a girl. The MK fans didn't seem remotely bothered, almost as if they'd gone to see a game of football and the result was secondary to the spectacle. All rather strange.


I think a 20K seater with room to expand to a 30K would have been a better idea than outright building a 30K, given that we have had 50 attendances between 10K and 21K since moving in to the ground with an average home crowd this season of just under 9,000.

As for your second point, just look on our forum for the reaction...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alun
Subs bench
Subs bench


Joined: 30 Sep 2007
Last Visit: 26 May 2017
Posts: 392
Topics: 13
Location: Pound Hill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucksIsOurs. wrote:
Alun wrote:
Great performance today.

Impressive ground, but it's serious overkill for the fanbase they have. As I said to an MK fan in the bar, it's akin to a single bloke living in an 8 bedroom house. Whole sections of the ground are totally redundant and the atmosphere is lost as a result.

The other thing that struck me was the feeling of ambivalence the home fans displayed in the bar after the match. If I'd been a home fan today I'd have been visibly irritable and moaning like a girl. The MK fans didn't seem remotely bothered, almost as if they'd gone to see a game of football and the result was secondary to the spectacle. All rather strange.


I think a 20K seater with room to expand to a 30K would have been a better idea than outright building a 30K, given that we have had 50 attendances between 10K and 21K since moving in to the ground with an average home crowd this season of just under 9,000.

As for your second point, just look on our forum for the reaction...


I have looked on the forum linked on the bottom of this page and there are a total of 17 comments on the match. I can only assume there is an alternative forum.

According to the internet, the biggest attendance at the stadium isn't for football but for Northampton Saints v Ulster playing Heineken Cup rugby in 2011.

You've got amazing facilities, but rather like us you're caught in the new town trap. You can offer a product but can't make people buy it. Hopefully, in time, both clubs will grow their support but I think it's a long road ahead for both clubs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 30 Jan 2011
Last Visit: 05 Aug 2017
Posts: 4033
Topics: 228

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great day at the home of the former FA Cup Winners Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BucksIsOurs.
Youth team
Youth team


Joined: 17 May 2012
Last Visit: 17 Jan 2016
Posts: 61
Topics: 3
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun wrote:
BucksIsOurs. wrote:
Alun wrote:
Great performance today.

Impressive ground, but it's serious overkill for the fanbase they have. As I said to an MK fan in the bar, it's akin to a single bloke living in an 8 bedroom house. Whole sections of the ground are totally redundant and the atmosphere is lost as a result.

The other thing that struck me was the feeling of ambivalence the home fans displayed in the bar after the match. If I'd been a home fan today I'd have been visibly irritable and moaning like a girl. The MK fans didn't seem remotely bothered, almost as if they'd gone to see a game of football and the result was secondary to the spectacle. All rather strange.


I think a 20K seater with room to expand to a 30K would have been a better idea than outright building a 30K, given that we have had 50 attendances between 10K and 21K since moving in to the ground with an average home crowd this season of just under 9,000.

As for your second point, just look on our forum for the reaction...


I have looked on the forum linked on the bottom of this page and there are a total of 17 comments on the match. I can only assume there is an alternative forum.

According to the internet, the biggest attendance at the stadium isn't for football but for Northampton Saints v Ulster playing Heineken Cup rugby in 2011.

You've got amazing facilities, but rather like us you're caught in the new town trap. You can offer a product but can't make people buy it. Hopefully, in time, both clubs will grow their support but I think it's a long road ahead for both clubs.


The Concrete Roundabout or The Zone:MK?

The highest Dons attendances are 20,600 v Wolves and 19,600 v QPR. We average 8,900 this season. Hardly bad support for a new team!

I do agree with the majority of your post though. We have a core support of at least 7,000 home fans with that rising to as much as 17,000 for the big games. For a town the size of Milton Keynes (250,000), in a few years we SHOULD be averaging about 12,000/13,000 fans I'd say, similar to Watford/Millwall level of support - lower Championship.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sloth
Squad member
Squad member


Joined: 31 Oct 2007
Last Visit: 07 Apr 2018
Posts: 185
Topics: 12

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed Alan Smith's performance yesterday. He just "sat" as a defensive midfielder, making sure he didn't have to run around too much - pinging the ball around with great accuracy. Terrific. He reminded me of John Sheridan doing a similar job at the latter end of his playing days.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 25 May 2015
Posts: 1834
Topics: 111

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www1.skysports.com/foot.....-2-crawley

Their attempt at a lob was awful!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Last Visit: 18 Sep 2017
Posts: 5070
Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astral Voyager wrote:
http://www1.skysports.com/foot.....-2-crawley

Their attempt at a lob was awful!


I've seen better chips at Mcdonald's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 25 May 2015
Posts: 1834
Topics: 111

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
Astral Voyager wrote:
http://www1.skysports.com/foot.....-2-crawley

Their attempt at a lob was awful!


I've seen better chips at Mcdonald's.


Fries Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Last Visit: 18 Sep 2017
Posts: 5070
Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astral Voyager wrote:
Paulc222 wrote:
Astral Voyager wrote:
http://www1.skysports.com/foot.....-2-crawley

Their attempt at a lob was awful!


I've seen better chips at Mcdonald's.


Fries Cool


Turkish Delight
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 25 May 2015
Posts: 1834
Topics: 111

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
Astral Voyager wrote:
Paulc222 wrote:
Astral Voyager wrote:
http://www1.skysports.com/foot.....-2-crawley

Their attempt at a lob was awful!


I've seen better chips at Mcdonald's.


Fries Cool


Turkish Delight



Andrex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 15160
Topics: 214
Location: The Parish of Rusper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun wrote:
The other thing that struck me was the feeling of ambivalence the home fans displayed in the bar after the match. If I'd been a home fan today I'd have been visibly irritable and moaning like a girl. The MK fans didn't seem remotely bothered, almost as if they'd gone to see a game of football and the result was secondary to the spectacle. All rather strange.


Lets be honest, support of MK Dons is not a generational thing!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum






This forum is run independently from and has no connection with the Crawley Town Football Club official site
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.


  Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit