CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

MK Dons matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucksIsOurs. wrote:
The side you faced is absolutely crippled by injuries (hence the number of substitutes) and now hasn't scored for 9 hours (6 matches) at home.

The fact we are where we are in the league is ridiculous.

Sounds like we caught you at the right time then (for us). Just as well as we badly needed some points to put a bit of daylight between us and the relegation zone.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good win. We played really well. Two good goals and soaked up their (pretty feeble) efforts in the second half.

Several good displays but I had Proctor as my MoM, just ahead of Dicker. That must be about it in terms of staying up. Maybe one win more.

MK looked like a side that haven't scored at home in 6 games.

Crowd was 8,800 although by the final whistle there were about half that.

Interesting to see Pompey have won all their games since Barker was fired and scored 4 today. Clearly having a lot of certificates doesn't win games.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some post-match reaction...

JG interview with BBC Sussex - https://audioboo.fm/boos/2070801
Mat Sadler interview with BBC Sussex - https://audioboo.fm/boos/2070805
JG interview on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPuCb7D9HeE
Mat Sadler interview on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J1XJD1vebM
BucksIsOurs.
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the biggest positive you can take from the game was the size of the crowd, you know it was *beep*. Hopefully we will score in one of our next two home games...or maybe not, Brentford and Orient to go = 8 games without a goal.
Well done Crawley, see you next season.
oldcodger
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucksIsOurs. wrote:
When the biggest positive you can take from the game was the size of the crowd, you know it was *beep*. Hopefully we will score in one of our next two home games...or maybe not, Brentford and Orient to go = 8 games without a goal.

Thanks for that ,have to say love your stadium, every thing about it, good seats good view easy to get in and out. You deserve more.
Being honest M.K. were poor today and can see why there has been a lack of goals. Keep you eye on R.B. not one for attacking football.
Will look forward to another visit next season
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps all the doom gloom of being dragged into fighting to stat up will stop now as ive said there is no way whatsoever we will be relegated.
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
perhaps all the doom gloom of being dragged into fighting to stat up will stop now as ive said there is no way whatsoever we will be relegated.

We know. The more you said it, the further we dropped. Rolling Eyes
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrendous journey to get there but at least we made the ground in time for John the Gas to give the team talk, which obviously did the trick.
Very nice stadium, excellent food and a very accommodating team but we also were so much more positive than that sterile performance at Brentford. About as an easy away win as they come, and am I glad Izale McCleod didnt come to us!!
Proctor my MOTM.
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic day out, with the added bonus of a guided coach tour of South London Shocked

Excellent atmosphere and stadium .

Looking forward to a repeat of it next season.

Well done Crawley great result !
BucksIsOurs.
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldcodger wrote:
BucksIsOurs. wrote:

Thanks for that ,have to say love your stadium, every thing about it, good seats good view easy to get in and out. You deserve more.
Being honest M.K. were poor today and can see why there has been a lack of goals. Keep you eye on R.B. not one for attacking football.

Not sure whether Richie Barker is a permanent replacement for Gary Waddock or whether he is just seeing out the season with us - based on the reviews we have had of him, I am not sure he is what we need at all!

Thanks for the kind comments though, maybe one year we will get out of this god damn league and get Championship football which is what the infrastructure and fanbase deserves IMHO.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucksIsOurs. wrote:
oldcodger wrote:
BucksIsOurs. wrote:

Not sure whether Richie Barker is a permanent replacement for Gary Waddock or whether he is just seeing out the season with us - based on the reviews we have had of him, I am not sure he is what we need at all!

Thanks for the kind comments though, maybe one year we will get out of this god damn league and get Championship football which is what the infrastructure and fanbase deserves IMHO.

It is a fantastic set up, for sure. Found all the people we encountered really friendly.

Really I think you relied too heavily on Bamford's goals and the season has dried up with his departure.

I'm not sure Barker will really do anything for you, two clubs already he has been fired and his tactics were so boring. If he hadn't been given the tin tack we would have been playing in an empty stadium, it was that dull.
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great day, good singing, we didn't play that great and still made MK look rubbish, it's amazing how a win can lift the whole club.
Alun
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great performance today.

Impressive ground, but it's serious overkill for the fanbase they have. As I said to an MK fan in the bar, it's akin to a single bloke living in an 8 bedroom house. Whole sections of the ground are totally redundant and the atmosphere is lost as a result.

The other thing that struck me was the feeling of ambivalence the home fans displayed in the bar after the match. If I'd been a home fan today I'd have been visibly irritable and moaning like a girl. The MK fans didn't seem remotely bothered, almost as if they'd gone to see a game of football and the result was secondary to the spectacle. All rather strange.
Hickmott Senior
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were very irritable and acted like a girl when I suggested that you honked your horn at that freak in the third lane in the Volvo.

horses for courses.
Alun
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hickmott Senior wrote:
You were very irritable and acted like a girl when I suggested that you honked your horn at that freak in the third lane in the Volvo.

horses for courses.

And when you weren't telling me who to honk, you were threatening to give everyone in the car a hot sausage!! Not good when 2 of the other 3 passengers are blokes, one being your son, the other your brother!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: