CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Crewe Alexandra matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Peter wrote:
http://www.theargus.co.uk/spor....._its_toll/
Quote:
It was Crawley’s 13th game in the last 42 days and Gregory felt the schedule has had an big affect on their performance levels.

Gregory said: “It is game, after game, after game. We have tried to mix it up a bit in terms of selection but the amount of games is starting to tell on one or two.

“They are not as fresh and they have not got that impetus they had against Wolves three weeks ago. Since that Wolves game we have not won.

“It is the first time I have looked behind me (in the table) and it is a huge shock. Some of the scores have not been good for us today so we have got to accept we are in a bit of trouble.

How did he try to mix it up a bit?

From Tuesday's XI Bulman was suspended and Drury ill. So the only us enforced change was Fadz back which was a no brainer.

It didn't take much tactical genius from JG to sort that out.

What about Edwards, Monakana? We should have been more bold, had more width.

Please don't feed us b/s John. We saw through Barker's bluster and we are beginning to see through yours.
Also keep playing a centre back out of position at right back when we have a right back who can do a better job seems another odd decision. Very little offered going forward from either full back.
Whats more tired the players or the excuses? Confused
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the love of god ....messi couldn't play on that pitch let alone Kyle Mc. ....I can't believe people on here ...every other ball bobbles ..1 /e3 of the pitch is unplayable ..it's a joke .players have no choice but to hoof it . We play on a village pitch and that is been unkind to village pitches.
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach

Topics: 176

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: Paul Jones, he was very much at fault for both goals. I know he's bailed the team out on many occasions, but he needs some serious competition to keep him on his toes if you ask me. I can't see Maddison providing it. If Jones stays next season (out of contract in the summer?) I hope we get a number 2 that really can challenge him.

Ben
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
For the love of god ....messi couldn't play on that pitch let alone Kyle Mc. ....I can't believe people on here ...every other ball bobbles ..1 /e3 of the pitch is unplayable ..it's a joke .players have no choice but to hoof it . We play on a village pitch and that is been unkind to village pitches.

You have obviously only been watching football for the last two or three years then if you think that is as bad as it gets, and funnily enough good players have always managed to find a way to play. Crewe started passing it around nicely to catch us out several times second half, whereas we lumped it without even looking to see if any option on. We played a decent first 20 minutes of passing football at home to Sheff Utd (then conceded a goal and stopped playing football) and havent played any since in a game and a half.
far2jammy
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disappointing game but really amazes me how people see individuals performances so differently.

Simpson had a poor game by his standards but to call him average after playing 150 games for the club is harsh. I think JG would have done better playing Simpson through the middle and having one of the loan wingers start.

As poor as Fallon was first half he did win the headers in the second half.

While his distribution was poor Fadz played well defensively.

We gave the ball away to easily in the final third and paid for that in BTG there goals. Would like to see if the second was on side looked spoof from the half way line but hard to judge.

Lets not panic Bulman, Tubbs and Dury back in with some improved performances and we will get the 6pts we need to be safe
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:

Crewe didn't hoof it every time they got it.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the grand scheme of things we will always lose matches. I can live with that without getting down. We lost to Brentford and we deserved to lose because they were, on the day, better than us but we put some effort in, tried to do the right things but on the day we lost. I go home thinking damn and blast but I still felt entertained and thought we had given it a go.

Today was disgraceful! The lack of any idea of what to do or how to go about it was amateurish. I try never to lay the blame but I am sorely tempted to slag off most of our players. I have watched people play for Crawley who are, in skill terms, not fit to tie the laces of the players we have now. I have never seen a group go out and perform with such a lack of desire for the shirt as today.

John Gregory has to somehow turn this squad around. I couldn't see us winning at Brentford or MK Dons when we were playing well now after those games we will have lost seven games on the bounce and will be in the relegation dogfight.

Maybe we will go down this season, and on the evidence of today it is a serious probability, but to go because we have chucked it in would be a black Mark against everyone connected with the club.

Jim Baker
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some post-match reaction...

JG interview with BBC Sussex - https://audioboo.fm/boos/2050375
Jamie Proctor interview with BBC Sussex - https://audioboo.fm/boos/2050381
JG interview on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uufvJTqwlCI
Jamie Proctor interview on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTdfu6hBnmU
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we cant get 6 points from our remaining games we will get relegated and thoroughly deserve it if we cant get 6 points from circa 13 games...!!!
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We couldn't beat a team of strugglers like Crewe. Where do you think we will get the 6 points?
AllRed63
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well, goodbye to the play-off's for another year - it was a good dream while it lasted! Half of my Crewe prediction was correct - Crewe scored 2, Reds just the 5 shy of the 6 needed - and Proctor did score - so another plus point there. More good news - we're have our next 2 games (away) against table toppers Brentford & MK Dons. I expect normal service to be resumed and 4 points added to our total by next Saturday evening.
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allred63-here is a musical response to the last sentence of your posting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the pitch is same for both sides so excuses there are laughable. JG showed how much the job means to him when teh look on his face after they scored the winner he clearly cares unlike the joker RB. Jamie Proctor MOM. Others average at best as for Fallon its not funny any more please no more time on the pitch im sure a makeshift Kyle did a better job when despertaely upfront in closing minutes. Oh and whilst sopeaking of kyle when the **** are you gonna learn to pass the ball with accuracy? Your value has dropped from 3 million to no more than 300k
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/ctfcpoliceteam/status/452528526328365056
Quote:
CTFC Policing Team - ‏@ctfcpoliceteam
Male detained and spoken to at CTFC v Crewe match today due to illegal match betting information with syndicate. Good work with fraud team
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
https://twitter.com/ctfcpoliceteam/status/452528526328365056
Quote:
CTFC Policing Team - ‏@ctfcpoliceteam
Male detained and spoken to at CTFC v Crewe match today due to illegal match betting information with syndicate. Good work with fraud team

I'm sure there's a team of stewards getting their stories straight as we speak.
That guy is screwed!!!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: