CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Port Vale matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ross
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 157

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones made a huge howler, but the other way of looking at it is that two shots from outside the box with not one player trying to close the ball down. Awful defending.

We could have had a hatful of goals but just can't finish Billy CLARKE at fault most of the time. Just shoot, too much work and then trying to score a pretty goal.

Fallon isn't a goal threat but my god he worked their defense well they couldn't cope with him.

31 away fans (we counted them) well yeah that's all I can say.

We're dropping ever closer and a loss Saturday and I fear we are in big trouble.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Credit to those that went. Sorry to say with games coming thick and fast, a working night and Champs League on TV it was inevitable.

A bitter pill to swallow I'm sure. According to JB we played well and deserved at least a point.

Sounds like the same old story - didn't get enough shots in, had the chances and couldn't make them count. When Tubbs isn't playing it's hard to see where the goals will come from.

Suddenly a good equaliser, sending off, GK mistake and it's no points.

I can't see us going down tbh but a win against Crewe will calm it all down a bit.
Crawley Ben
Coach
Coach

Topics: 176

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The majority of the players in tonight's starting 11 must be knackered let's be honest. They (Fallon, & P. Connolly a-side) have played a lot of games of late & I wouldn't be shocked if it were starting to takes it's toll. What does JG do for the next match? Does he change 3-4 players & give the likes of M. Connolly, Drury, & M. Jones a rest & bring back in Fadz, Dicker & Torres maybe or does he go with the same 11 as tonight (expect Bulman as he will be banned) & see if fresh legs etc might help us get a result in our next game. Whatever the answer I'm hopeful we won't get dragged on to a relegation battle...

Ben
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i could make one request of JG it would be unless forced to stabilise the back four no squad rotation
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some post-match reaction.

JG interview on BBC Surrey - https://audioboo.fm/boos/2038321
Josh Simpson interview on BBC Surrey - https://audioboo.fm/boos/2038328
JG interview on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4_LXM9lZ88
bandy1954
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 66

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil B wrote:
bandy1954 wrote:
That was sickening. Throwing away match after match

Throwing it away ??

I doubt it !

You doubt it? How many games have we blown from winning or at worst drawing positions?
Ashdown Red
First Team
First Team

Topics: 31

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We played some good football and should have taken at least a draw. Mistake by PJ gave them the winner. Danny was booked for late tackle in the first half but i have no idea what his second booking was for.
Vale supporters thought that the ref sent of the wrong port vale player after melee in second half.
First half Billy had a shot that was only kept out by brilliant defending. Lets hope our luck changes by the weekend.
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bandy1954 wrote:
Phil B wrote:
bandy1954 wrote:
That was sickening. Throwing away match after match

Throwing it away ??

I doubt it !

You doubt it? How many games have we blown from winning or at worst drawing positions?

Losing happens - you get over it.

But throwing it away? Didn't seem to be any lack of effort by the reports. Then again, I wasn't there. Obviously you were.
Ashdown Red
First Team
First Team

Topics: 31

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was no lack of effort. We played very good football and created many chances but we lost.
It is very frustrating, but we are a good team. If only we could take our chances.
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashdown Red wrote:
There was no lack of effort. We played very good football and created many chances but we lost.
It is very frustrating, but we are a good team. If only we could take our chances.

Agree with above. The numerous PV fans we spoke to after the game thought a draw was the least we deserved.

I'd be more worried if tonight had been an Oldham 1st half type performance; but it wasn't - we more than matched them apart from maybe the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half. We were better than them after Bully went off as well. I'll also forgive PJ his error as the saves he's made in other games outweigh this lapse.

Don't listen to all opinions of those at the match though, as some spent most of their time looking at their phones to see how other 'red devils' we're getting on. Wink
oldcodger
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashdown Red wrote:

From someone that was there agree with above. Unlucky not to get a point, we bossed the first half and they came at us in the second.

Penalty? maybe just about, if it had been against us I think we might have been complaining.

Unusual mistake from P.J. (I think) difficult angle to see from behind the goal but it did look like a blunder.

Not sure about sending off of Bullman thought it a little harsh.

They had two shots on target and scored, we had chances but didn't take them.

All fans that turned up should get a complimentary for Crewe or similar, lol.
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree with JG' s assessment.

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/n.....59070.aspx
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley Ben wrote:
The majority of the players in tonight's starting 11 must be knackered let's be honest. They (Fallon, & P. Connolly a-side) have played a lot of games of late & I wouldn't be shocked if it were starting to takes it's toll. What does JG do for the next match? Does he change 3-4 players & give the likes of M. Connolly, Drury, & M. Jones a rest & bring back in Fadz, Dicker & Torres maybe or does he go with the same 11 as tonight (expect Bulman as he will be banned) & see if fresh legs etc might help us get a result in our next game. Whatever the answer I'm hopeful we won't get dragged on to a relegation battle...

Ben

It sounds as though tiredness had nothing to do with tonight from all the reports/opinions and by the sounds of it we were full of energy and playing (according to John Salako on Sky Sports News from the game) some "fantastic" football, we just cannot find a way to score goals which has been the same largely whether RB or JG have been in charge. Tiredness is just often a cheap excuse for when you have done badly. I will now use another of those cheap excuses and say I dont think we are getting much luck or run of the ball lately. I thought although we were fairly unimaginative and route one against Sheff Utd, they had every ball seem to drop to them in the box etc, maybe our "luck" will change on Saturday?
As for attendance, the away support as a percentage of home support seems to mirror the Brighton away support at Blackburn, and they still have something to play for?
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashdown Red wrote:

You can really sense the frustration in JG's interview about not putting the chances away. Sadly the honest truth remains that Matt Tubbs is the only forward we have at Crawley Town and if he isn't available we have problems.

Hard to blame Paul Jones really as he has done his job well this season and GKs are often on a hiding to nothing.

Sounds like one of those nights.

Has anyone figured out why Bulman was sent off?
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think JG should set a minimum target of say 10 shots on target for a match - if not, in for shooting practice instead of time off. The lack of confidence in shooting is getting ridiculous. We are taking overplaying to a new level - it might look fantastic football at times but it's ruddy frustrating when there's no positive result from it.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: