CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Peterborough United matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inspired sub by them won us game c/o mt but shades luck especially when they struck woodwork
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gutted I missed it. 7 / 9 against top 10 teams. Can't argue than that.

What was the pitch like.
oldcodger
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First half was our especially the first 30mins. Second half was Peterborough's.

Had just sent a text Cakeburner saying we don't look like scoring and we got the pen. Have to remember that for future.

Would have been happy with a point at the start, so well pleased with the three.

A solid performance from all the Reds, has to be said Posh subs made a lot more difference than ours.

Also agree Tubb's always works hard and makes runs that upset the opposition, strange how he does it for us, but who cares keep it up.

Pitch did not look too bad considering and looked to hold up well, soo looks good for Tuesday. (Am staying down).
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posh are a good side. 3 points against them is excellent. To do it twice is amazing!

Great match ups all across the pitch. Two sides trying to win. Slightly different styles but both fighting to make theirs the one the game was played in. Too be honest I think they just shaded it but it could have gone either way. I think the turning point was when their 22 went off. Especially as his replacement gave away the penalty (idiot).

I wish Tubbs wouldn't take penalties in that manner. My heart just goes straight into my mouth. Study Vic Bragg. Top corner, the keeper has no chance.

Today was money well spent. Well done the whole club. Groundsman to turnstile operators to players and managers.

Jim Baker
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game could have gone either way, both teams we're good going forward and poor going back. Thought they were quite dirty though. Taking a penalty like that always has the chance of making you look stupid, but Tubbsie has the confidence at the moment. Connelly was mom for me. Once again though, 1 -0 up wth 5 minutes to go, and people were walking out! Stay til the end for ..... sake.
Markymark
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great win. I would have taken a point at 3pm so great to be on the right side of a late goal and a bit of luck when they hit the post in injury time.

Team worked really hard on a pitch that was ok apart from Blackpool beach in front of the dugouts.

The next two matches against Stevenage and Gillingham are both winnable.

Roll on Tuesday. COYR!
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some post-match reaction:

Guy Whittingham talking to BBC Sussex - https://audioboo.fm/boos/1959303
Paul Connolly talking to BBC Sussex - https://audioboo.fm/boos/1959306
Matt Tubbs talking to BBC Sussex - https://audioboo.fm/boos/1959310
Guy Whittingham interview on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhO_9w5NbKk
Matt Tubbs interview on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDGob_R6Viw

And one from Darren Ferguson, talking to BBC Radio Cambridgeshire - https://audioboo.fm/boos/1959250
seano
First Team
First Team

Topics: 27

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a finish from Tubbsy when he got booked for kicking the ball away!
Alun
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:

Today was money well spent. Well done the whole club. Groundsman to turnstile operators to players and managers.

Jim Baker

On the whole I have to agree. However, I wanted to spend money in the club shop post game only to hear the announcement from the lady behind the till telling everyone that the shop was shut for normal stock, she was only dishing out pre- ordered shirts but would be open as usual on Tuesday!

Will the club ever learn?!? They've had 2 months with little or no revenue, have just beaten a top 6 side which results in a feel good factor and raised demand for club based merchandise and what do they do? Turn the money away!! Insane.

A poor performance / result Tuesday and those keen to spend today won't be so keen to reach for their wallet.

Why weren't the pre-ordered shirts left in reception for collection, leaving the club shop available to fulfil its function, taking money off people willing to give it.

I don't think I'm a commercial genius, but I do think the club is commercially retarded.

Good 3 points though.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was hard work but full credit to the lads, they all put in a real shift today. Hard to show much quality on that surface but the work rate was spot on. It must have been very sapping out there.

Tubbs was a real handful, always on the shoulder of the last defender and got a shot away at the first sniff of goal. A substantial improvement on those we let go.

Onwards to Tuesday and more of the same, hopefully.

Funniest moment of the game, watching the chief steward in action at half time sweeping the sand on the pitch with a broom. What a mess.
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tubbs Pen does it again! Never missed a league penalty? Never taken one consecutively the same? 62 goals for us in 82 appearances?

A draw may have been a fair result, but **** it, we've been due a bit of luck.

EIEIEIO, up the football league we go...............
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun wrote:
Jim Baker wrote:

Jim Baker

On the whole I have to agree. However, I wanted to spend money in the club shop post game only to hear the announcement from the lady behind the till telling everyone that the shop was shut for normal stock, she was only dishing out pre- ordered shirts but would be open as usual on Tuesday!

Will the club ever learn?!? They've had 2 months with little or no revenue, have just beaten a top 6 side which results in a feel good factor and raised demand for club based merchandise and what do they do? Turn the money away!! Insane.

A poor performance / result Tuesday and those keen to spend today won't be so keen to reach for their wallet.

Why weren't the pre-ordered shirts left in reception for collection, leaving the club shop available to fulfil its function, taking money off people willing to give it.

I don't think I'm a commercial genius, but I do think the club is commercially retarded.

Good 3 points though.

Agreed. Still a Non League Club off the field.

JTG
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting listening to Ferguson's interview in that PC allegedly stamped on Assombolonga, and when remonstrated with the Ref has allegedly told their player to eff off! Then after the game, has allegedly told Ferguson he'll speak to players how he likes? Really?

Last edited by backofthenet on Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

backofthenet wrote:
Interesting listening to Ferguson's interview in that PC allegedly stamped on Assombolonga, and when demonstrated with the Ref has allegedly told their player to eff off! Then after the game, has allegedly told Ferguson he'll speak to players how he likes? Really?

Sounds like the ref got fed up with the constant backchat he received whenever a decision went against them ..... Wink
Damo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Funniest moment of the game, watching the chief steward in action at half time sweeping the sand on the pitch with a broom. What a mess.

Funniest moment for me was watching Connolly howling like a loon at a couple of set pieces towards the end. Behemoth - I'm pleased he plays for us.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: