CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Walsall matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some post-match reaction.

JG on BBC Surrey - https://audioboo.fm/boos/1942114
Matt Tubbs on BBC Surrey - https://audioboo.fm/boos/1942118
Matt Tubbs on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NSyZgUvqhk
Hoppy
First Team
First Team

Topics: 47

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have taken a point before today but well pleased with the three. We played well as a team - notched up the 2 goal lead then defended well. We never looked like losing.

16 entrance fee for a child and then to be stuck in a corner of the ground with pillars blocking your view is out of order. I won't be going again unless it's in the cup or a promotion/relegation game.
pedlar
First Team
First Team

Topics: 206

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoppy wrote:
Would have taken a point before today but well pleased with the three. We played well as a team - notched up the 2 goal lead then defended well. We never looked like losing.

16 entrance fee for a child and then to be stuck in a corner of the ground with pillars blocking your view is out of order. I won't be going again unless it's in the cup or a promotion/relegation game.

Hoppy, I have just sent them an email about their pricing structure. Outrageous 76 for four of us is just ripping fans off.
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great day, great team effort, great 3 points. Crawley fans in good voice, but still people slagging off the team, heard an old geezer call Josh a big tart! Get behind the team or sod off....
Savage
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wodin wrote:
What has the capital of Poland got to do with Russia?

Everything in 1944 and 1981/82 - maybe he's having flashbacks
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
AllRed63
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Great win Reds...... Reply with quote

AllRed63 wrote:
....and performance only soured by Billy Clarke's idiotic second yellow - bejeezsus Billy - what are you doing son?!! With our long run-in, we just can't afford anyone to be picking up cheap yellow cards - let alone reds! Still - there's one play-off spot still within our range! A win against the Posh would certainly start getting us into range - I'll take a draw at Swindon, but don't bet against this group of players. If we can get some momentum going.....

Apologies Billy - just seen the footage on the FL show - the ref was an absolute tosser!! You didn't "smash the ball into the crowd in frustration" as was intimated in the commentary - but you were frustrated. A decent ref would have had a quiet word and said "don't throw it away Billy - you're playing great" - or just told you to "get a grip!!" But - no more cheap yellows Reds - don't give ref's a chance to get on your case!
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant result yesterday, great fight and determination by the players to see through that last 15 minutes as well, with 10 men.

Few points - Tubbsy, it's like he never left, such a threat in the box and works his *beep* off all game. Mark Connolly - solid through out the whole game and really doing well at RB. Josh Simpson - Superb.

Also, I really do wish these morons that go to the fans forums and slag of players like Mike Jones actually would go to an away game or two. MJ was my MOTM yesterday and i know a few others agreed with me. He was up and back all game, creating chances and getting stuck in. His passing and moving was extremely good as well. On yesterdays performance it was clear to everyone (well its been clear for ages) why he keeps Sergio out of the team (and the squad yesterday). MJ is one of our better players and it would be a big blow if we don't get him signed up for next season.

Away fans - poor in numbers yet again, but we never shut up and got right behind the team from first minute to last. Great noise all game. Roll on Swindon!
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley Dan wrote:
Also, I really do wish these morons that go to the fans forums and slag of players like Mike Jones actually would go to an away game or two. MJ was my MOTM yesterday and i know a few others agreed with me. He was up and back all game, creating chances and getting stuck in. His passing and moving was extremely good as well. On yesterdays performance it was clear to everyone (well its been clear for ages) why he keeps Sergio out of the team (and the squad yesterday). MJ is one of our better players and it would be a big blow if we don't get him signed up for next season.

Laughing Laughing Haha you plum Dan. It took me at least 6 months to convince you he was decent and you should stop slagging him off Embarassed
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Crawley Dan wrote:

Laughing Laughing Haha you plum Dan. It took me at least 6 months to convince you he was decent and you should stop slagging him off Embarassed

6 months? A few times I wasn't sure on him, didn't feel he did bring much to the team at the time. Yeovil at home? last season we sat in the gazibo and watched him and from the seats had a better view to see what he actually did do. He has come on IMO, leaps and bounds since he has signed for us.
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach

Topics: 111

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley Dan wrote:
Brilliant result yesterday, great fight and determination by the players to see through that last 15 minutes as well, with 10 men.

Few points - Tubbsy, it's like he never left, such a threat in the box and works his *beep* off all game. Mark Connolly - solid through out the whole game and really doing well at RB. Josh Simpson - Superb.

Away fans - poor in numbers yet again, but we never shut up and got right behind the team from first minute to last. Great noise all game. Roll on Swindon!

MJ is the best Razz
Bruce of Amsterdam
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 34

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David R wrote:
Great day, great team effort, great 3 points. Crawley fans in good voice, but still people slagging off the team, heard an old geezer call Josh a big tart! Get behind the team or sod off....

Agreed! It's always the same old *beep*! Glad he gets told to shut up every once in a while!
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones has been one of our better players for a while. Skill wise with the exception of possibly Drurry he is above the rest. He does have an inconsistent aspect to his game but he also gets stuck in to the closing down and tackling. Defiant key a player to retain.
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seen the highlights and I've got to say it was a stonewall penalty don't know how anyone can say otherwise, there's the ball unfortunately hitting your hand and then there's moving your arm and body towards the ball to deliberately stop the cross.

With regards to Clarke it was 50/50 the sending off IMO, he certainly didn't kick the ball away he was clearly going for goal whether he heard the whistle or not who knows.

Great win nevertheless.
Gary M
First Team
First Team

Topics: 21

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anybody think that Tubbs was a tad offside for the second?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: