CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Standing at Football Matches
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sussex Boy wrote:
Maybe will even stop seeing Stewards manhandling people, especially younger people, after a goal is scored! Don't say it don't happen, just watch the football league show when they show the Leagues 1 and 2 goals!

That's half the entertainment of the FLS - watching fat stewards with empty inadequate lives run and climb over each other to manhandle an away supporter that has dared to come to the barrier to celebrate a goal. These stewards actively hope the visiting team scores so they get to be a hero once or twice a fortnight.

Birmingham are particularly good at it, but then they have probably learnt from West Midlands police who like nothing better than whacking a few well behaved away fans with their batons in order to provoke a reaction and so get some arrests.
synavm
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a regular match goer at Chelsea (as well as Crawley), I'm absolutely in favour of safe standing. A better atmosphere (the big London clubs have become so sterile but have rocking atmospheres for short bursts once in a blue moon), a safer alternative to terraces and hopefully cheaper.

You've obviously got to limit tickets and enforce proper crowd control and make use of the barriers to prevent surging, but I think it could be ace.

Not sure it really impacts Crawley, we've obviously got the terraces and the atmosphere is generally pretty dire regardless.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be an interesting development:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26141427
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apart frm they ARE NOT safe. what about the actual space to stand! These rail seats will be placed in the space you already have which often is very limited anyway! Why try and fix something not broke? just get stuarts to do their jobs properly and STOP people standing in seated areas. Ask those at Hillsborough if they want this crazy idea! Cant get more in the same space so argument get more in its cheaper is riddiculous and there is the cost of intalling it as well, as for LOCKING them? thats madness so you cant sit down at halftime etc? MADNESS!
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
apart frm they ARE NOT safe. what about the actual space to stand! These rail seats will be placed in the space you already have which often is very limited anyway! Why try and fix something not broke? just get stuarts to do their jobs properly and STOP people standing in seated areas. Ask those at Hillsborough if they want this crazy idea! Cant get more in the same space so argument get more in its cheaper is riddiculous and there is the cost of intalling it as well, as for LOCKING them? thats madness so you cant sit down at halftime etc? MADNESS!

Not safe? LOL

You really think the Germans would install these in their stadia if they weren't safe?

Rolling Eyes
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:

bom
rednose
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:

The capacity increases by about 50% in the rail seated areas when they are allowed to stand (in Germany).

Do your research before you let your fingers run wild on the keyboard.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rednose wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:

The capacity increases by about 50% in the rail seated areas when they are allowed to stand (in Germany).

Do your research before you let your fingers run wild on the keyboard.
only when redesign at cost and dont intend use seat without wrapping your legs aroun d your head
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

synavm wrote:
As a regular match goer at Chelsea (as well as Crawley), I'm absolutely in favour of safe standing. A better atmosphere (the big London clubs have become so sterile but have rocking atmospheres for short bursts once in a blue moon), a safer alternative to terraces and hopefully cheaper.

You've obviously got to limit tickets and enforce proper crowd control and make use of the barriers to prevent surging, but I think it could be ace.

Not sure it really impacts Crawley, we've obviously got the terraces and the atmosphere is generally pretty dire regardless.

Not sure why they are wasting all this time, money and energy on the subject. Every PL game I see on TV the vast majority are standing anyway, at least behind both goals, and there seems to be no will to get them to sit down, so why are they getting so exercised over having "safe standing"?
It would also *beep* me off if I had paid for a seat (particularly if I had to sit down - maybe they should put a warning on behind the goal tickets that this seating area is for standing only?!!)and the view in front was blocked by a bunch of fat middle aged skinheads who wanted to stand in the seated area (not just when it gets exciting but all the time). So what I would suggest for all those who do get *beep* off with this is to come down and watch Crawley instead where you can stand on a proper terrace without some miserable git behind you telling you to sit down. Mind you might get some miserable git behind you telling you to sing or behave like a 12 year old, but then it is a football ground after all? Very Happy
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
synavm wrote:

Not sure why they are wasting all this time, money and energy on the subject. Every PL game I see on TV the vast majority are standing anyway, at least behind both goals, and there seems to be no will to get them to sit down, so why are they getting so exercised over having "safe standing"?
It would also *beep* me off if I had paid for a seat (particularly if I had to sit down - maybe they should put a warning on behind the goal tickets that this seating area is for standing only?!!)and the view in front was blocked by a bunch of fat middle aged skinheads who wanted to stand in the seated area (not just when it gets exciting but all the time). So what I would suggest for all those who do get *beep* off with this is to come down and watch Crawley instead where you can stand on a proper terrace without some miserable git behind you telling you to sit down. Mind you might get some miserable git behind you telling you to sing or behave like a 12 year old, but then it is a football ground after all? Very Happy
good post Mick
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
synavm wrote:

Sounds to me like you've answered your "I'm not sure why..." with the subsequent rant.

It will be like it used to be whereby those that want to stand pay to stand and those who want to sit pay to sit and the standers dont *beep* of the sitters by standing in front of them in a sitting area...

Personally, I'd bring back proper terraces, abolish stewards from that area and put 'enter at your own risk' above the turnstiles so that watching football can go back to being fun!

Ian
rednose
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Ian. It's a win - win situation all round.

Separate the sitters and standers and both will be happy. Better atmosphere and more people in the ground for games that normally sell out.

Obviously none of this applies to Crawley mind.
Tonyt
Coach
Coach

Topics: 107

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rednose wrote:
Well said Ian. It's a win - win situation all round.

Separate the sitters and standers and both will be happy. Better atmosphere and more people in the ground for games that normally sell out.

Obviously none of this applies to Crawley mind.

Congratulations Ian. I started off saying I was all for standing at matches in the standing areas. Then I stated I objected to those standing in front of me in the seating area.

After lots of wind it appears we all agree.

Maybe if we could play more games and score more goals none of us will object the everyone standing for a short while to show our appreciation.

Shall we say that's it then. Shocked
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
mickf wrote:
synavm wrote:

Sounds to me like you've answered your "I'm not sure why..." with the subsequent rant.

It will be like it used to be whereby those that want to stand pay to stand and those who want to sit pay to sit and the standers dont *beep* of the sitters by standing in front of them in a sitting area...

Personally, I'd bring back proper terraces, abolish stewards from that area and put 'enter at your own risk' above the turnstiles so that watching football can go back to being fun!

Ian

It's only a rant because you dont agree with it!
Will the clubs charge less (or more!) for the standing area? But yes I probably have, there is no reason I can see why they are bothering.
If it was done how you said, then you would probably have to ban U16s or ultimately the club would bear responsibility for injuries (mind they probably would anyway which is why they will never agree to that proposal) caused by those less sensible than yourself Ian. Very Happy
Stuart of Shildon
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
Ian wrote:

Ian

It's only a rant because you dont agree with it!
Will the clubs charge less (or more!) for the standing area? But yes I probably have, there is no reason I can see why they are bothering.
If it was done how you said, then you would probably have to ban U16s or ultimately the club would bear responsibility for injuries (mind they probably would anyway which is why they will never agree to that proposal) caused by those less sensible than yourself Ian. Very Happy
Glad you put a smile in that last bit.

Admin edit: Quoting corrected
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: