CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

CTFC Financial Review
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yelsis
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 138

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley Dan wrote:
Good idea, Plenty of teams in our league do it. Makes sense and saves us money.

I think I am correct in stating that part of Selhurst Park (Whitehorse Road End) was closed when we played there in the League Cup
Tonyt
Coach
Coach

Topics: 107

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
That statement is preparing us for more bad news... but is there really that much slack left to trim...? dontknow

Having culled the backroom staff in summer, I'd say that everyone left is not only doing an essential job but probably going above & beyond their own roles & responsibilities.

What I think does need a good look at are the "added value " areas... clubhouse, merchandising, catering, hospitality.... etc... get a bit more income in through those routes and it could make a big difference.. I know it is an old chestnut but Redz bar should be a much bigger asset to the club than it is at present.

I stopped going into the Redz bar when it became almost impossible to get served.

The FA Cup match near Leeds we attended simply put a row of benches about three feet from the bar. You went in one end and came out the other. There was no standing blocking customers at the bar. We all got served quickly and their bar was smaller than ours.

Will we ever learn -- no chance. Cool
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonyt wrote:
thad wrote:
That statement is preparing us for more bad news... but is there really that much slack left to trim...? dontknow

Having culled the backroom staff in summer, I'd say that everyone left is not only doing an essential job but probably going above & beyond their own roles & responsibilities.

What I think does need a good look at are the "added value " areas... clubhouse, merchandising, catering, hospitality.... etc... get a bit more income in through those routes and it could make a big difference.. I know it is an old chestnut but Redz bar should be a much bigger asset to the club than it is at present.

I stopped going into the Redz bar when it became almost impossible to get served.

The FA Cup match near Leeds we attended simply put a row of benches about three feet from the bar. You went in one end and came out the other. There was no standing blocking customers at the bar. We all got served quickly and their bar was smaller than ours.

Will we ever learn -- no chance. Cool

Guiseley. Its one of the ideas I put forward to the club but didn't receive any reply.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Town Mead Tavern had a perfectly good queuing system I recall.
Alun
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my perspective all the club need to do to increase takings over the bar is throw the bar stools in the bin, take the tv's behind the bar off the wall and reintroduce the queuing system used when the bar was at the end of the room.

By allowing and indeed encouraging the socially bereft to prop up a bar when the queue is 4 deep is financial suicide. The bar is a service point in the same way as a till at Tesco. I don't know about you, but I've never seen someone do their shopping then hang around the till eating it.
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stopped going into Redz ages ago because of the bar service, its alright if you're 7 foot 2 and on first name terms with the staff, otherwise, a long wait.
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun wrote:
From my perspective all the club need to do to increase takings over the bar is throw the bar stools in the bin, take the tv's behind the bar off the wall and reintroduce the queuing system used when the bar was at the end of the room.

By allowing and indeed encouraging the socially bereft to prop up a bar when the queue is 4 deep is financial suicide. The bar is a service point in the same way as a till at Tesco. I don't know about you, but I've never seen someone do their shopping then hang around the till eating it.

Not sure if anybody at the club reads these forums but that sounds a great idea, maybe one for Michael Dunford and his one to ones if not?
sloth
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 12

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bar. Live with it. I'm 5' 9", don't know the bar staff, but I get served OK. I think the bar staff work hard and do a great job. My only criticism is that we goofed when deciding to place Redz behind the South stand. It would do much better at the other end.
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Michael Dunford videos now on official site Reply with quote

Michael Dunford videos now on official site and make interesting viewing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouxXvd7zo4Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G7ZI7kTaHU

Admin edit: YouTube links added
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sloth wrote:
It's a bar. Live with it. I'm 5' 9", don't know the bar staff, but I get served OK. I think the bar staff work hard and do a great job. My only criticism is that we goofed when deciding to place Redz behind the South stand. It would do much better at the other end.

But why live with it if several people have raised the problem and come up with a sensible suggestion to sort it out and it is one that shouldnt make it worse for those who can live with it. At least it deserve appraisal as it is a scrum in the bar on matchdays.
Alun
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely Redz purpose is to get fans to part with their money in exchange for a drink. It is surely insane therefore to have it setup in such a way that people wanting to spend are prevented from doing so by someone stood at the bar while watching Man Utd v Stoke and clutching half a lager!

If I had a shop and people were blocking the doors stopping customers get in I'd go potty. Why is a bar, especially one open once a fortnight, so naive in their approach? The slow service, not the barstaff's fault, could be costing a small fortune. If I arrive at 2pm and each round takes 2 mins to buy rather than 5, myself and my mates would almost certainly quaff an extra pint each.

That's an extra 18 pre match from my group alone. Multiply that over everyone in the bar and the club could easily sell an extra 50 to 100 pints pre match. If you add to that those without drink problems who look at the queue at the bar and don't even bother, the money would increase further.

It's not rocket science is it?
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely Alun - any financial revue needs to ask the question "are we capitalising on the assets, opportunities & customers that we already have?"

With specific regards to Redz I'd also look at how it can be utilised when it is currently not in use..... maybe revisit the concept of whether a couple of nights a week it can be viable as a clubhouse....?

I don't just mean one-off functions but there are lots of organisations locally that might want a venue that can serve that purpose... provide somewhere where they can meet up.. low-key, low-impact...?
seano
First Team
First Team

Topics: 27

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun wrote:
I've never seen someone do their shopping then hang around the till eating it.

Never been to greggs?
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seano wrote:
Alun wrote:
I've never seen someone do their shopping then hang around the till eating it.

Never been to greggs?

Nope.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sloth wrote:
It's a bar. Live with it. I'm 5' 9", don't know the bar staff, but I get served OK. I think the bar staff work hard and do a great job.

I thought we were discussing how to maximise revenue. At least two people on the thread have stopped giving the club their business.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: