CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Stevenage game OFF
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a bloody disaster.If the pitch was playable last night what the hell has changed.I gather the referee inspecting the pitch was a proper jobs worth.
This is a pretty embarrassing day for the club though.All the signals bring sent out were giving the green light and then then suddenly it's called off after the ref inspects it.Is the pitch a danger too the players?Did the ball roll on the surface? There are some explanatios needed here.
hughe_tj
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danger to the players my *beep*. Don't worry about the fans. They only pay the players wages . Complete joke. No wonder the gates are so low and getting lower
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
What a bloody disaster.If the pitch was playable last night what the hell has changed.I gather the referee inspecting the pitch was a proper jobs worth.
This is a pretty embarrassing day for the club though.All the signals bring sent out were giving the green light and then then suddenly it's called off after the ref inspects it.Is the pitch a danger too the players?Did the ball roll on the surface? There are some explanatios needed here.

Maybe they should vet referees for winter reffing as a few weeks ago I see a referee play the Luton conference game on the worst pitch I have ever seen and cannot believe a game could not have been played on our pitch today. May not (!) have been perfect but I am sure it would be as good as lots being played in Lge 1 & 2 today. What a day to get a tosser of a referee!
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The club made great efforts to get the game on in the face of exceptional weather conditions. Unfortunately, according to the match day ref - who is the one accountable (not the asst ref) - it fell short. C'est la vie. I'd also expect us to have a stronger team when we play them. C'est la vie Westley.
bandy1954
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 66

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big problem now is our lads have no matches played and match fitness is missing. We'll be facing Brentford away next and that's a real recipe for a 3-0 tonking by them.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did we cover a pitch that wasnt playable? Why didnt cover sooner and whole pitch after all the whole pitch must be playable. Investigation essential fans will lose trust after earlirt statement game on.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ref talking to Bruce explaining his decision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8F_97HGDSE

And Michael Dunford's reaction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR5nrotXtiE
Markymark
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pathetic! Sums up a shocking couple of days for the club in my view.

Adams OUT, Alexander OUT, Sinclair OUT, match OFF - after stating it would be on. Nothing to be optimistic about really.
Tonyt
Coach
Coach

Topics: 107

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The match was on, so we go down and buy our tickets. Now it is off.

So in future we don't go down and buy our tickets. We pay the extra 3-00 and know where we stand.

Support must be sliding away by now.

Crying or Very sad
hughe_tj
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame on you Ian Williamson. Mentioned players safety at least 4 times in 90 second interview as well as 'ball kept plugging'. My Christ what a nanny state we live in. Of all the hundreds of Sunday morning games I've played in, many on quagmire pitches I've not witnessed a single player injured due to the pitch. In Italy they play in all conditions without worry for the 'players safety'. How about consideration for us fans for a change, instead of those poor darlings earning 6.5 k a week. Mr. Williamson, pocket your match fee and expenses, put your feet up and enjoy your afternoon. I'm sure you'll rest easy knowing that the players safety will not be compromised. C##k
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt the club did their best, but yet another late postponement at Crawley where everyone is left looking foolish.

The assistant saying it was fine at 10, the referee saying it was unplayable at 11??? Someone has dropped a ricket there. Plus it's all very well referring to the risk of heavy showers from 3 but we all knew the forecast a couple of days ago.

I was surprised we got this far as I thought it would have been called off yesterday.
SuperRedDevils
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got a few refunds to collect now. Much thanks to the officials for making us look like farcical embarrassment of a football club.
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't comment on the state of the pitch or the reasons but this is a PR disaster for the club.

The assistant's opinion should never have been made public if it counts for nothing. Why couldn't the ref get there earlier to make the decision that actually counts?
mickyboy
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 45

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rocked up at the club at 10:15, and was assured by the young lady working reception that the game was DEFINITELY on - I handed over 38 of your English pounds and received my tickets.

I looked at CTFC.net at 12:15 and horror of horrors, the game was off- I made tracks back to the club, only to be to be told 'We're not able to make refunds today -somewhat taken aback, I pointed out that the club had been able to take my cash today, and it was perfectly reasonable to expect reimbursement today - I handed my tickets over, and a young lady appeared with my cash shortly after.

At least we may get some loanees on board for the revised date - but don't count on me attending
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Covers are fine for snow, ice etc but rain is as much about water table than what comes from above. It is implied from the refs interview that it was only at 11am that the 'full' pitch was inspected. Was the 10am a partial inspection where some of the covers were still on? Good away win for Mother Nature again.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: