CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Gary Dicker
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Gary Dicker Reply with quote

According to Steve Hollis @ The Argus he is the player we are interested in.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Gary Dicker Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
According to Steve Hollis @ The Argus he is the player we are interested in.

Well at least the auto-censor allows it Smile
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting player had a couple of good seasons at Brighton before they started to recruit better quality players. He has had five months at Rochdale but struggled their and failed to impress their fans at least.

He is regarded as a passing footballer but not keen on the tackling or work rate. Certainly not a defensive player.
Hamilton Hamster
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 34

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signing today apparently, do we need another central midfielder, already have Simpson, Drury, Torres, Bully, and Mike Jones can play there.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthew009 wrote:
Signing today apparently, do we need another central midfielder, already have Simpson, Drury, Torres, Bully, and Mike Jones can play there.

I thought Jones was a CM anyway? We need wide midfielders TBH. Can this guy play there? Reading the previous comment about his poor work rate and not liking to tackle, is he really what we need in our midfield?
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
Matthew009 wrote:

I thought Jones was a CM anyway? We need wide midfielders TBH. Can this guy play there? Reading the previous comment about his poor work rate and not liking to tackle, is he really what we need in our midfield?

Whats wrong with adding some quality? Too many of our fans jump on somebodies back because they "dont work hard" even if they can do things the "hard workers" cannot do. Somebody in midfield who can pick a pass, receive the ball and spread play wouldnt go amiss and does give us more depth in the squad with some of those others also able to play in other positions? This is all assuming this guy can pick a pass, spread the play etc as I dont know anything about him other than he played for Brighton, but not necessarily holding that against him until I see him play.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
I.. dont know anything about him other than he played for Brighton...

Was he the only Gary Dicker in Brighton..? Confused
Alun
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody planning to buy a shirt with his name printed on the back?
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
Matthew009 wrote:

Whats wrong with adding some quality? Too many of our fans jump on somebodies back because they "dont work hard" even if they can do things the "hard workers" cannot do. Somebody in midfield who can pick a pass, receive the ball and spread play wouldnt go amiss and does give us more depth in the squad with some of those others also able to play in other positions? This is all assuming this guy can pick a pass, spread the play etc as I dont know anything about him other than he played for Brighton, but not necessarily holding that against him until I see him play.

Is he quality? I don't know anything about him, which is why I was asking the question 'is he what we need?' But a midfielder who doesn't tackle (if it's true) is not going to help us. Too often our MFs come off second best. We need players who will get stuck in, not float around anonymously (like Jones is doing again recently) making the odd half decent pass every once in a blue moon. Drury is our creative MF at the mo. We could do with a DM while Bully is out. And a winger so we can have attacking play down both flanks.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has signed for us.

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/n.....11360.aspx

Guess we'll find out now just how good he is.

Smile
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like good signing look forward seeing him.play
mickf
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
mickf wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
Matthew009 wrote:

Is he quality? I don't know anything about him, which is why I was asking the question 'is he what we need?' But a midfielder who doesn't tackle (if it's true) is not going to help us. Too often our MFs come off second best. We need players who will get stuck in, not float around anonymously (like Jones is doing again recently) making the odd half decent pass every once in a blue moon. Drury is our creative MF at the mo. We could do with a DM while Bully is out. And a winger so we can have attacking play down both flanks.

Last time I saw Jones play at Coventry he was excellent 2nd half (they were all crap first half!). Sergio has also shown he can do the hard working, tackling cover all areas role (as well as providing positive runs which create chances) so some passing/creativity would add to all this.
Having said all that JG seems to think Dicker has a good work ethic and gets up and down the pitch so somebody (JG or the Rochdale fans) has got him all wrong?
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
mickf wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
Matthew009 wrote:

Last time I saw Jones play at Coventry he was excellent 2nd half (they were all crap first half!). Sergio has also shown he can do the hard working, tackling cover all areas role (as well as providing positive runs which create chances) so some passing/creativity would add to all this.
Having said all that JG seems to think Dicker has a good work ethic and gets up and down the pitch so somebody (JG or the Rochdale fans) has got him all wrong?

Yes I saw JG say that. Not knowing anything about the guy, all I had was what someone posted on here that he is workshy. Whether its true or not, I just hoped it wasn't. We do have a fairly crowded midfield now, even with Bully out injured. The team definitely lacks width.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
He has signed for us.

Smile

Never seen him play but it seems like the Matt Sparrow deal last year. The good side is he has been playing regularly.
mickf
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
He has signed for us.

Smile

Never seen him play but it seems like the Matt Sparrow deal last year. The good side is he has been playing regularly.

We are the haven for homesick southerners (Tubbs and now Dicker, even Barker although it might seem he just used us as a stepping stone?), whereas I suppose Sparrow has actually relocated back up to "home" territory. I guess some players feel more comfortable (and hopefully perform better) closer to home and family?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: