CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Bristol Rovers matchday thread (FAC2R)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
First half we at least occasionally got the ball to Torres or Drury in midfield and they tried to make things happen and the only occasions in the second were from them bringing the ball forward but they were so rare because our defence insisted on lumping it forward to their central defenders.
If you are not going to play the ball on the ground between defenders then there is no point in playing Sinclair, I think us fans sussed that one out months ago (much as we sussed out that Drury should play centre midfield early in the season).
Now can we also stop this stupid "tactic" of all 11 back for a corner (what can Adams and Sinclair offer in our penalty box apart from being in the way?), nobody knows who they should mark and we end up losing goals from it, and never have anybody forward for a quick breakaway!
I thought Proctor works hard but on his own and you could quite easily imagine Matt Tubbs out there last night looking very forlorn as another lump up sailed over his head (but at least he would work harder than Sinclair, although I dont necessarily want/expect that but as he isnt scoring either!!).
Blaming the pitch is a weak excuse, yes there were a few crazy bobbles (Sergio had one that nearly leapt over his head), but alongside their long ball Bristol played much more on the floor than us and kept possession much better.
Could the club also make a statement as to why STH couldnt buy their tickets in advance and go through a different gate, easing the queues and rewarding rather than punishing us?

As usual Mick you have it pretty much spot on.

We really just had to get the basics right last night. Cross the ball into the danger area and get the keeper under pressure on a wet and windy night. So what happens - Adams as always has to beat one man too many so there was no real service. The one time we did get a decent cross in Proctor put it away. When it was us putting teams away, Dean Howell would have been up and down the left side whipping the ball in.

There are (I think) only three teams in the whole of the football league who have scored less goals than BR but they were apparently so dangerous last night that we needed all 11 men back in our box at corners. That just invited the pressure and to be fair they should have scored 3 or 4 with the chances they had, especially in the second half.

The sad thing is that last night we seemed to think it was a certain win and in many cases were just going through the motions. After we scored I said to a mate it would be nice to see us build up a cushion and give Jonty Smith a run out, however we simply weren't good enough.
Tonyt
Coach
Coach

Topics: 107

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting calculation. I paid 3-00 to watch last night when for me games normally costs 18-00.

14minutes divided by 90 minutes X 18-00 = 2.80, so the match appeared to be a fair value as I only paid 3-00.

After 14 minutes we went to sleep. Will the Wolves visit wake us up, I see Coventry are doing quite well at the moment.

Tubbsie it's all down to you. Shocked

P.S Best Wishes to Bristol Rovers they did to us what we used to do to others in better days. The Barker effect lives on.
SuperRedDevils
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was all about desire in the second half they came out the blocks quicker and wanted it more and took advantage of the fact we thought the rest of the game would be comfortable.

It was so frustrating we couldn't kill the game off and they were always going to get chances. To lose like that is sickening. On a positive note we have Tubbs back for the Coventry game and Clarke back for the Wolves game. The next four games could really define our season, very tough games hopefully JG gets the guys fired up and anything can happen with the mighty Crawley Town.
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the option of "None" should be added to the Man of the Match poll for this match.
rednose
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustaphashot wrote:
I think the option of "None" should be added to the Man of the Match poll for this match.

Paul Jones had a good game. He's the only realistic option though.
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rednose wrote:
mustaphashot wrote:

Probably agree although at times him and his defence seemed to be on different wavelengths (as in him and a defender getting tangled up for the same ball and giving away the corner for their 1st goal). Mind you particularly for corners he had a ridiculous amount of unnecessary Crawley players in the box making it very difficult for him to get near the ball.
Simon
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rednose wrote:
mustaphashot wrote:

Really? I remember one good save in the second half tipping the header over the bar. The two chances in the first half were straight at him.

Twice flapped at crosses towards the end, one of them gave away the corner for the first goal and the second ended up hitting the post. Kicking wasn't great either, one dead ball kick which hit the dugout was straight out of the Simon Rayner handbook.
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before they scored I said that I hope we can get a second goal as I didn't want to see extra-time as the match was so dire.

As soon as they equalised, all I could hoe for was that someone, anyone scored to put me out of my misery!

As for the attendance announcement, the club must take us for imbeciles sometimes. As soon as it was announced, I said to Phil T that they said 2000 instead of the actual 3000.

My MOM was Paul Jones until they scored, then I had to change my mind to..............?
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sons FC wrote:
I have only recently started supporting and watching Crawley as my 10 year old son is Crawley mad but my goodness what a terrible performance last night.

And that bit of information is the only ray of sunshine on this forum today.... tell your son that football is a bloody stupid game and following Crawley Town FC will only lead to heartbreak...

Crying or Very sad

...and please thank him for his dedication and for dragging the old boy along to matches with him...!
Sons FC
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Sons FC wrote:
I have only recently started supporting and watching Crawley as my 10 year old son is Crawley mad but my goodness what a terrible performance last night.

And that bit of information is the only ray of sunshine on this forum today.... tell your son that football is a bloody stupid game and following Crawley Town FC will only lead to heartbreak...

Crying or Very sad

...and please thank him for his dedication and for dragging the old boy along to matches with him...!

Thanks Thad. He is very dedicated and is starting to talk about attending all the away games as well! I have worked very hard on him to support the local team and not to be persuaded to support any London club. He is very commited to Crawley and I am delighted to support the team as well.

He is very aware, already, of the heartbreak of supporting Crawley. His first ever match was the Portsmouth game at home last season. We lost 3-0, had two players sent off and the manager sent to the stand. I was worried that it might put him off and I asked him what he thought. he said it was "brilliant and can we go every week"!

He didn't attend last night - it was too late for him, especially if it had gone to extra time and penalties but as we had been to the first (abandoned) game, I wanted to see it out and came with a mate.

Other than the disappointment, the score doesn't matter to us in terms of support for the team, we will definately be back on a regular basis.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sons FC wrote:
Other than the disappointment...

Don't say you weren't warned salut
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the quality of the football is reflected in the fact that the number of attendees last night is the topic more spoken of in this thread........
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
rednose wrote:
mustaphashot wrote:

Really? I remember one good save in the second half tipping the header over the bar. The two chances in the first half were straight at him.

What about the header he pulled out of the bottom right corner in the first half?
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
I think the quality of the football is reflected in the fact that the number of attendees last night is the topic more spoken of in this thread........

Speaking of attendees...

I was wondering if the two angry geordies (isn't that a cookery show?) made it through the downpour and back again... just a short hop to Brum next time chaps..!
Simon
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Simon wrote:
rednose wrote:
mustaphashot wrote:

What about the header he pulled out of the bottom right corner in the first half?

Decent stop but I thought it was more or less straight at him.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: