CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Bristol Rovers matchday thread (FAC2R)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarrassing - we got what we deserved. The only surprise was BR didn't win by more. Two golden chances in the first half, tip over by Jones and hit the post in the second plus their two goals.

We only had one effort on target all game. Ok it was a difficult surface but we were really poor. Remember they are one place above the relegation zone in L2.

Too many underperformers. P Jones - flapping around at crosses. M Jones - anonymous. Sadler - slow getting forward and weak defensively. In recent weeks Connolly has shown why Bolton paid 1m for him but tonight he showed why they gave him a free. Plus how on earth did that lazy toe-rag Sinclair ever come to be wearing a Crawley shirt. Totally useless, not interested, playing for the pay check.

Only a few players can look in the mirror tonight, Proctor worked hard with no support, Drury and that's abou it.

Three cup defeats against L2 sides, each time we were in front, easy prize money tossed away.

Depressing. If the board are serious about further promotion we need serious upgrading of the squad. Patch up in the January window and several goodbyes in the summer. Maybe the Chairman could have one of those slapstick twitter votes where we an decide who we let go.

Finally the most bizzarre moment of the evening - the PA guy before the game hyping up and saying the pitch looked "immaculate". What a comedian.
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phil jarman wrote:
Bring back Steve Evans Very Happy you know it makes sense Wink

That's a good shout Phil.
Do you think he could do a job for us up front.
He should have as much pace as the current strikers at least.
phil jarman
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 38

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink hope your well pal....disappointing score , listened online Sad
bandy1954
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 66

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it my imagination or are we a different team when Billy is playing? He creates a buzz when he's there, slotting through balls into gaps, lots of trickery, trying shots from distance. We seemed to lack all of that tonight and we've lost very few games when he's playing.
far2jammy
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexander sub was a poor choice he should have added Simpson to the midfield. They had nothing to loose and were chucking men forward. m Jones not one to tackle Adams to tired to get back after trying to beat the full back three times over before a cross.

Only defence our players had tonight was the pitch preventing a passing game. It was the same for both sides but they did look more rugby than us. Ref was weak made bad calls for them when they had advantage but let them get away with a lot in the box on corners and set plays.

JG needed a plan B and the squad depth makes that very hard. The real measure of him and the team will be Sundays response. Anyone can have a bad 45mins.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul wrote:
I'm generally pretty good at guessing the crowd, maybe a few hundred out each time.

I reckon tonight's was about 3100.

I used to actually count the crowd,back in the day when it was a lot smaller,and a lot easier.
I did post early on that I expected 3000 minimum and gave my reasons why.It looks like that figure was achieved,despite the official attendance suggesting otherwise.
I do feel for the fans who would have loved a trip to St Andrews.In 30 years of supporting this club,nothing changes in its ability to balls up.
lochislair
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 129

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only positive about that match is that it's over. But- and I know the pitch was in a poor state- why did we insist on lumping high ball after high ball towards Sinclair, who rises like a tin of salmon? That didn't even work too well when we had Tyrone Barnett up front! The team fighting relegation to the Conference passed the ball far better than our lot.

The best team won. The biggest concern I have after that is that we seem to have no creative spark when Billy Clarke doesn't play. And Tubbs certainly won't be the answer if we play like that- he'll be too busy nursing a sore neck from watching the ball sail harmlessly over his head.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
lee 66 wrote:
mickf wrote:
Looking across at the West Stand I saw barely a seat spare, even the far end of it was full and our East Stand was much fuller than for any other game this season!

Bottom line....the figure of 2400 is a complete and utter joke.

That, I think, we can agree on.

My guess was about 3,100. I'd say there were 1900 odd sat down, 1000 in the BW and a couple of hundred in the away end.

I reckon they 'forgot' to include all the tickets taken by stewards at the exit gates when they opened them as the game kicked off with big queues still waiting to get in and just went by what the turnstile counters said.
RedDevil1979
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 18

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see the club are selling tickets for the away game at Birmingham City online.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedDevil1979 wrote:
Nice to see the club are selling tickets for the away game at Birmingham City online.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I just bought 20 of each category Smile
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadler isn't firing on all cylinders, to be sure. Offensively he had few options - players, particularly Sinclair, just weren't making themselves available. We were always going to be up against it in the 2nd half in the face of increasingly strong wind, 4 opposing forwards and our defensively weak midfield. If I were JG I would be contemplating putting proctor on the left of midfield - it's a really weak area and he seems to be at his best cutting in from the flank. Nothing ventured and all that...
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First half we at least occasionally got the ball to Torres or Drury in midfield and they tried to make things happen and the only occasions in the second were from them bringing the ball forward but they were so rare because our defence insisted on lumping it forward to their central defenders.
If you are not going to play the ball on the ground between defenders then there is no point in playing Sinclair, I think us fans sussed that one out months ago (much as we sussed out that Drury should play centre midfield early in the season).
Now can we also stop this stupid "tactic" of all 11 back for a corner (what can Adams and Sinclair offer in our penalty box apart from being in the way?), nobody knows who they should mark and we end up losing goals from it, and never have anybody forward for a quick breakaway!
I thought Proctor works hard but on his own and you could quite easily imagine Matt Tubbs out there last night looking very forlorn as another lump up sailed over his head (but at least he would work harder than Sinclair, although I dont necessarily want/expect that but as he isnt scoring either!!).
Blaming the pitch is a weak excuse, yes there were a few crazy bobbles (Sergio had one that nearly leapt over his head), but alongside their long ball Bristol played much more on the floor than us and kept possession much better.
Could the club also make a statement as to why STH couldnt buy their tickets in advance and go through a different gate, easing the queues and rewarding rather than punishing us?
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianchiboy wrote:

Several guys standing near me in the terraces, who have not been there the rest of the season, said they would not be back after that performance, and can you blame them?

Or, to put it another way, they only turned up last night cos it was a fiver to get in. Their first game of the season? We're not really going to miss them. It's the regulars thinking twice about coming to another game after that debacle that we should be worried about. Truly awful. Drury, Proctor and Paul Jones were the only ones who put in a decent performance.
Sons FC
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only recently started supporting and watching Crawley as my 10 year old son is Crawley mad but my goodness what a terrible performance last night.

Everyone else on this forum will be better and more informed on Crawley than I can ever hope to be but even to me, Crawley were definately not up for it last night.

I don't want to be too negative as I believe in supporting the team and getting behind them, more so in the bad times but to my mind only three players played well last night: Jamie Proctor, who I have never seen play well before, albeit with my limited experience, played his heart out and tried hard, Torres, who buzzed about in the midfield, not always to great effect but at least he was looking for the ball and the goalkeeper.

There was three incidents involving Jones (the number 21) in the first half, on the left hand side facing the Rovers goal. Proctor sent a return ball to the corner that all of us on that side thought Jones would reach and he just stopped. Immediately afterwards he pulled out of two tackles in a row and allowed Rovers to break. I would have taken him off after that.

I was suprised that Sinclair was given so long in the game. He was spectacularly poor and offered pretty much nothing.

I also thought Connolly looked absolutely exhausted after about 70 minutes and completely done. His positional sense was very poor and it made me wonder about the fitness of the players. As soon as the second half started, with Rovers playing much higher up the pitch you could see it coming.

While saying all of this, I don't think anything good comes from dwelling on the negatives though, so let's forget last night, continue to support the team and onwards and upwards.
RedDevil1979
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 18

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, if people want to turn up and make a judgement based on one match, then I'm glad they won't be back. Most of us are there because we actually want to support the local team.

Let them support Manchester United or Chelsea from the comfort of their armchairs.

They're clearly Connoisseurs, and far too good for the likes of Crawley.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: