CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Bristol Rovers matchday thread (FAC2R)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
Peter wrote:
Crawley Dan wrote:
Laughable wasn't it? How they could even think to announce 2400 is beyond me! There was AT LEAST 3500 there tonight. My friend got to the ticket office a bit after 7.45 and was told both seated stands were sold out.. That alone is 2500... Plus 250 rovers fans and about 1000 in the BW terrace!

There were plenty of seats available. That suggests load of STHs didn't bother tonight. The club made a mistake in saving those seats, allowing STHs to pay on the gate and then expecting them ALL to be used.

Looking across at the West Stand I saw barely a seat spare, even the far end of it was full and our East Stand was much fuller than for any other game this season!

Bottom line....the figure of 2400 is a complete and utter joke.W are not idiots.
d_c_bryan
First Team
First Team

Topics: 19

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadler was poor as were the other defenders. I think Connelly forgot he was Right Back as he often went to the centre allowing them a free run.
Pail Jones, man of the match for me; if it wasn't for him we'd have been buried long before.
Tubbs must fancy his chances of regularly starting with our inept Sinclair barely doing anything although he ran a bit when coming off to make way for Alexander.
Rovers deserved their win, they must have had a good team talk at half time along the lines of attack down the left hand side coz they're no defenders there.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
Peter wrote:
There were plenty of seats available. That suggests load of STHs didn't bother tonight. The club made a mistake in saving those seats, allowing STHs to pay on the gate and then expecting them ALL to be used.

Looking across at the West Stand I saw barely a seat spare, even the far end of it was full and our East Stand was much fuller than for any other game this season!

Looking at it from the other side of the pitch it may have looked full. Looking at it from within the West Stand I can say there were plenty of seats not used.

As for the East Stand there were loads of empty seats in the family section and I doubt Bristol Rovers more than 100 in their bit.
Bianchiboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pride, passion and belief.
Something the Rovers players had tonight and we certainly did not!
Probably the worse game I have watched us play this season, maybe even the last two seasons?
We went one up and then lost all interest in playing anymore football, as I understand the term, for the rest of the night.
If JG gave them a rocket at half-time it obviously went in one collective ear and out the other.
The Rovers players came out second half, sensed we did not fancy it and went for it. Good luck to them, they deserved to win, it was only Jones who kept the score sensible.
It was such a lost opportunity, because once again the players had a chance to impress in front of a bigger crowd than normal (2400, tell me another one!), and failed miserably.
Several guys standing near me in the terraces, who have not been there the rest of the season, said they would not be back after that performance, and can you blame them?
In the scheme of things staying up in the league is obviously more important, but we are not flush with cash as a club and the Birmingham game would have bought in some much needed funds.
They will need to sort themselves out for the next two league games, as they are potentially two of the hardest games we have to play this season.
Peter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
mickf wrote:

Bottom line....the figure of 2400 is a complete and utter joke.

That, I think, we can agree on.
Hickmott Senior
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBC report says we had one shot on target which looking back seems right; that was headed straight at their goalkeeper when Proctor ad the goal at hs mercy. Luckily he spilled it. That is frankly pathetic.

If Tubbs is half the player he was last time round he will shame our current crop.

They should have ad at least 2 penalties. I love Connelly's passion and drive but his grappling antics were far too obvious and unrefined.

I don't really think a single one f our players can claim any credit for tonight's shambles.

Even Gregory went all Barkeresque in the second half; you wouldn't ave known he was there. Had he run out of ideas or patience, or did a penny drop hard and he saw the honeymoon period come to an abrupt halt and the size of his task come into vivid clarity?
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
mickf wrote:
Peter wrote:

Looking at it from the other side of the pitch it may have looked full. Looking at it from within the West Stand I can say there were plenty of seats not used.

As for the East Stand there were loads of empty seats in the family section and I doubt Bristol Rovers more than 100 in their bit.

Peter I have been looking across at the West Stand for two seasons, when we have had crowd of 2400 and 4000 and all points in between and the far ends have not been occupied for any but games of over 4000, and tonight most if not all were filled. Likewise you think we as fans do not have a look around and see that the BW has more than at any other game this season, and yes the East was not full but had as many as any other game I can remember this season. As Lee66 says "we are not idiots", although it feels a bit like it after paying 5 to watch us defend corners like a pub team (with eleven men back and all leaving it for each other).
We had queues back to Redz entrance at kick off time and that isnt all down to making STHs suffer and queue rather than pay in advance, when I got to the turnstile it didnt take any time at all to hand over my voucher and get my match ticket, just that I had to queue 20-30 minutes to get it!
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree West stand was full , home end looked as full as it has at any point this season. 3500 minimum but maybe even touching 4000. But what a time to deliver a shambles of a performance.

I certainly wouldn't return if it was my first game. Unforgivable.
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than Drury and Proctor, I thought the back four were poorly supported by their team mates. Did we really pay 100k for Sinclair? - way off the money and perhaps Barker/Coppell can persuade him to follow them again. Can't believe Simpson didn't make an appearance - can only assume he's not fully fit yet. We have real imbalance in midfield where we seem to have plenty for the centre but not out wide. Still, we can really focus on that 5 point margin above the L1 relegation zone now we're out the cup.
Peter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
I have been looking across at the West Stand for two seasons, when we have had crowd of 2400 and 4000 and all points in between and the far ends have not been occupied for any but games of over 4000, and tonight most if not all were filled. Likewise you think we as fans do not have a look around and see that the BW has more than at any other game this season, and yes the East was not full but had as many as any other game I can remember this season.

Mick, I'm not disputing the fact the crowd looked more than 2400. I, and those around me, were surprised when it was announced.

I'm just sharing my experience of being IN the West Stand this evening and knowing that it wasn't full. I've also given my suggestion as to why there were empty seats. Confused
Peter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some post-match reaction.

John Gregory talking to BBC Sussex - https://audioboo.fm/boos/1839737
Jamie Proctor talking to BBC Sussex - https://audioboo.fm/boos/1839742
John Gregory interview on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKps46h8044
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
mickf wrote:
I have been looking across at the West Stand for two seasons, when we have had crowd of 2400 and 4000 and all points in between and the far ends have not been occupied for any but games of over 4000, and tonight most if not all were filled. Likewise you think we as fans do not have a look around and see that the BW has more than at any other game this season, and yes the East was not full but had as many as any other game I can remember this season.

Mick, I'm not disputing the fact the crowd looked more than 2400. I, and those around me, were surprised when it was announced.

I'm just sharing my experience of being IN the West Stand this evening and knowing that it wasn't full. I've also given my suggestion as to why there were empty seats. Confused

And I am just sharing my experience of looking at it overall from just across the pitch and it looked much fuller than for any other game this season! Not suggesting it was 100% full but certainly fuller than any other game I have seen so far. And normally (with crowds of 3-3500) I can look across to the BW and pick out my sons who stand in the centre with plenty of room around them, and it was full in their and couldnt make them out!
Whatever though the ticketing was appalling!

Last edited by mickf on Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Paul
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm generally pretty good at guessing the crowd, maybe a few hundred out each time.

I reckon tonight's was about 3100.

Last edited by Paul on Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Peter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickf wrote:
And I am just sharing my experience of looking at it overall from just across the pitch and it looked much fuller than for any other game this season! Not suggesting it was 100% full but certainly fuller than any other game I have seen so far.

As a final point, maybe the ends were more full tonight as they were probably the only seats available for non-STHs to buy? Had STHs been made to pre-purchase, with a deadline, those unsold would probably have been sold and the ends may have been less busier. Just a thought.

mickf wrote:
Whatever though the ticketing was appalling!

Can't disagree with that.
phil jarman
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 38

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring back Steve Evans Very Happy you know it makes sense Wink
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: