CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Notts County matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crowd number announced seemed wrong

Everyone else thought the same , definitely more than the MK game on BoXing day
Nick
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil B wrote:
Interesting to see Dumbaya play today. Still very fast, tricky and full of skill, he always looked dangerous. But i can't really remember him getting the better of Sadler and co. at all. They seemed to have the measure of him all game... Smile

He didn't get forward like he used to with us. Probably because their no. 20 was in that space. Seems wasted there as I'm sure he should be playing in a better team.
trev
First Team
First Team

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maidenbower Millionaire wrote:
AGTom wrote:
Nicky Adams was my MoM

AGREED MY FRIEND

He is by far our best player

Nicky is a good player but why oh why does he have to try and do a George Best impression. Every time he has to try and beat not just one man but anything up to three and then loose the ball when if he passed it earlier he would be even better.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dumbya was our best player in the second half of the year . Looked absolute quality and with his pace and footwork could easily play at champ level.

Today he looked a mere shadow of himself.
pedlar
First Team
First Team

Topics: 206

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Dumbya was our best player in the second half of the year . Looked absolute quality and with his pace and footwork could easily play at champ level.

Today he looked a mere shadow of himself.

He went for the money, not the football.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AGTom wrote:
Nicky Adams was my MoM

AGREED MY FRIEND

By far??? Shocked so you don't rate Bulman, Clarke, Drury, Connolly, Fadz.... Confused
Bianchiboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A well deserved win today, just a shame we could not score at least one more to make it a bit more of a relaxed last 10 minutes for us long suffering fans!
I said I felt sorry for Proctor on Boxing Day in a previous post (because of how bad he was), today I felt sorry for him not getting a goal in the second half, he just cannot buy one can he?
Let's hope with all of JG's contacts in the game he can bring someone in to stick it in the onion bag, because I think we would have a capable squad with a decent striker, albeit very thin on the ground manpower wise.
No way was there a smaller crowd today than on Boxing Day, someone has got their sums wrong surely?
Good on the guy who brings the drum (Ross)? But if you are going to bring the thing into the ground give it a whack a bit more often, it seems to be the only thing that gets any kind of singing going in our atmosphere evading ground. I know it should not be down to one man to create an atmosphere, but it seems to be our only way of getting the Winfield going these days.
far2jammy
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AGTom wrote:
Nicky Adams was my MoM

AGREED MY FRIEND

Really he gets caught in possession so often needs to release the ball earlier. Great to have a player that runs at people but does have a habit of pulling same trick time and again. At least one ball into the box today beat the first man. Don't get me wrong on his day a match winner but been far from his best this season.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

far2jammy wrote:
AGTom wrote:
Nicky Adams was my MoM

AGREED MY FRIEND

Really he gets caught in possession so often needs to release the ball earlier. Great to have a player that runs at people but does have a habit of pulling same trick time and again. At least one ball into the box today beat the first man. Don't get me wrong on his day a match winner but been far from his best this season.

Fully agree - potential match winner but far to often his crosses don't get past the first defender or he ends up trying to beat one man too many. Good example in the first half, hit the byeline then tried to cut inside - Proctor unmarked on the penalty spot but Adams ran straight into the keeper.

Still he did put in the cross for the goal.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some highlights (2m08s) of yesterday's game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i58glgI_MYM

And if you have access to Reds Player there's 4m31s of highlights on there.

http://www.player.crawleytownf.....tts-county
Crawley001
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the game yesterday. I only get to 2 or 3 a year as am firstly a Southampton fan, but living fairly local means Crawley are a second team.

I wasn't too impressed with the team as a whole, not good enough for play-offs if that's the aim, but good enough to survive in this league in my opinion.

I thought Torres was good, pressed when you wanted someone to press, put in tackles when you needed tackles, and didn't give the ball away, preferring to pass it rather than just play it long. Even when his tackle wasn't successful, it either forced the man back, or he recovered and got back to put in another. I felt that he gave that added bite to the midfield.

I was worried when after 5 minutes (I think it was) a mix-up between Adams and another had them arguing with each other because a run wasn't made. Also, I thought the inability to put away 2-3 chances at the start may have come back to haunt Crawley, but the defence seemed sound for the most part.

From watching the game, it's clear that a new striker (or two!) is needed in order to improve. Sinclair was very lazy, a brief period after the goal he seemed to suddenly wake up for roughly 5 minutes, then back to his normal self. Add a poor first touch and it looks a waste of 100,000. I had a bit more confidence in Proctor, but still think something more is needed.

Both Connolly and Sadler looked solid, was good to see Connolly get further forward in the 2nd half, and Adams and him could be a good partnership down that side together. Not sure how his header went in though!

Not sure what others thought of the sending off, I thought it was extremely harsh. Wouldn't mind seeing Campbell-Ryce in a Crawley shirt, worth a bid in January?
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley001 wrote:

Not sure what others thought of the sending off, I thought it was extremely harsh. Wouldn't mind seeing Campbell-Ryce in a Crawley shirt, worth a bid in January?

I thought the red card was a bit harsh too. I don't think that deliberate handball should be virtually regarded as an automatic yellow. It's not as if things were building up to an immediate threat on their goal.
Indeed, if it were automatic, hardly anyone would have been left on the pitch a couple of seasons ago. We had a televised game at Northampton and there muist have been at least 7 or 8 handballs given in the first half.
yelsis
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 138

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
Crawley001 wrote:

I thought the red card was a bit harsh too. I don't think that deliberate handball should be virtually regarded as an automatic yellow. It's not as if things were building up to an immediate threat on their goal.
Indeed, if it were automatic, hardly anyone would have been left on the pitch a couple of seasons ago. We had a televised game at Northampton and there muist have been at least 7 or 8 handballs given in the first half.

Was it not his second yellow card? BBC report shows he was booked before in the 58 minute
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yelsis wrote:
Paulc222 wrote:
Crawley001 wrote:

Was it not his second yellow card? BBC report shows he was booked before in the 58 minute

Yes that's why he is questioning an "automatic yellow" for the handball.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
Crawley001 wrote:

Looked like we would have been through on goal if he hadn't stuck a hand out to deliberately stop it. There are different levels of handball and a deliberate one like that is a definite yellow card for unsporting behaviour.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: